CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #61

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is my big question again! KK traded vehicles in the WalMart parking lot in Jerome that day at 3:00 pm. It's a 34 minute round trip, not counting getting in and out of cars, according to Google Maps and Directions. KK was checked in through security from 5:25 am to 4:45 pm. Did she just boogey out of work without checking her card through security, or does she have a stunt double? Don't really expect to get an answer, although I'm sure I will some. JMO

MHOO..

If an unauthorized person enters a secured area, tried to access a chart, or medication. I'm 100% sure security would be alerted.

Hospitals are at risk and do experience hostage situations in the ER and other areas. Families and criminals seem to have no problem pulling a gun, trying to steal an infant in medical facilities. We had a veteran with a home made bomb, hold staff and the entire hospital hostage.

Security is taken seriously. Those so nice nurses are always on alert in our current world.

We try to keep these incidents as quiet as possible and out of the media. We hide behind HIPPA. :)

MHOO

Last edited:
Claiming the mother of your child abused your child and took off before without notice leaving the child with you would be used in a family court against the person as a negative because both would show Kelsey to be of low character. Therefore factually, it is disparaging in that sense.

The fact that neither are true make the intent of his statements clear.
I never said that PF did not disparage the mother of his child. PF certainly did. The discussion that you’re responding to was not really about PF.

KK’s testimony, while great for on-the-record corroboration, seemed slim to me —much we had already heard or assumed. Lots of details and additional commentary just not there — other stuff they said to each other (how about the 47 minute phone call), etc.

I keep think along the same lines then I have to remember, we're not HEARING testimony. It's becoming clear to me that everyone can't catch everything but the sum total of what everyone is catching paints a pretty complete picture. if you get my drift....

For the house,
I understand , that’s “women’s work”.
But to actually burn the tote,
She wasn’t necessary,
Except for
The sadistic enjoyment of sharing the moment. She was the only
Other person who knew what was going on.
Agree-
In their sick minds this was a moonlit bonfire
served with Pizza and Beer. Such a date.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Patrick is not going to be feeling well quite a lot from here on out! This case is being brilliantly presented. There is just so much corroboration for KK’s testimony. They are laying a beautiful foundation and house, sans the cracks! Looks like the defense just does not have much to work with - my guess is PK is not much help as he continues to lie and know nothing.

It gives me chills to think he likely would have heard of the Watts case before he did this (same state) and thought he improved on the process for making your significant other go missing. It takes a special kind of evil combined with abject stupidity and an inability to accurately see the consequences to go out and commit a crime like this when you statistically will be suspect number 1. I am sure he thought he was home free when there would be no body and no weapon to be found. Thank goodness we now have the technology and science to make these items no longer necessary to convict.

This evidence could not be more damning if they had him on voicemail confessing! Speaking of which, I wonder if they contemplated trying to get KK to talk to PF by phone and record.

Yeah, I keep thinking of this iconic photo every night. No problem with foundation, there's a hurricane around, but this prosecutions house is going to last. Great foundation and no cracks. MOO

Source: Newyorktimes.com photo snip after Hurricane Michael at Mexico Beach

NYTimesPhotoofMexicoBeachHouse.JPG NYTimesPhotoofMexicoBeachHouse.JPG

Its a fair question. From the tweet below I am not taking it that there was not other times her card was used during the day unless that is stated somewhere else. I am taking it that he said "starting about" and "until". So maybe there were other records during the day where her card was used during the day.

Even if those were the only two times on record, it could be like you surmised that maybe she left her ID card at her desk and left during the day. Because maybe she knew another door that was always left open during the daytime or went with someone else that had their own ID card.

Jennifer Meckles on Twitter
Abbey testifies that Krystal’s badge was used her the hospital where she worked starting about 5:25am on 11/23/18 until about 4:45pm. Looks like prosecution is trying to prove Krystal is in Idaho on 11/23/18
12:17 PM - 8 Nov 2019
Just to add... MG and KK exchanged vehicles AROUND 4 p.m. per pg 8 of the Affidavit for Arrest Warrant. I don't know where the 3 p.m. time came from. Not sure why this even matters. MOO

My guess is that no, KK does not have a stunt double. MOO

ETA: Incidentally, the Affidavit for Arrest Warrant states that MG and KK traded vechicles AROUND 4 p.m. See page 8. I don't know where you are getting 3:00.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/Application and Affidavit for Arrest Warrant.pdf
And this approximation is by MG who's memory of the hour may not be exact. (I believe KK stated it was around 6 pm). MOO

I don't think that's been answered yet, unfortunately - at least, not that I've seen.
One part of it that was answered, though, is that when he had responsibility for the baby, he often passed her off to various babysitters.
I think her drive to work was an hour at least, maybe more. (Maybe someone else knows) I can't remember, although she did arrive home late at night.
I'm not sure if she worked every week day or what exactly her hours were but I do remember she was in the process of cutting down her work hours so she could have more time with the baby.
Other than that I think the agreement was that she would have the baby on weekends and holidays, or whenever she was not working.

Imo

I keep hearing stories of how bad prisons are for men who kill children, etc. but if memory serves me correctly, Chris Watts is alive and well and won’t go away. He loves attention. I just never hear stories of these creeps having karma served upon them.

JMO
Im not sure if CW is being kept in his own cell or not but of course it probably does not always happen where they get attacked by other inmates. More than likely some are able to make it through unscathed until they finally die of old age.

But there is always that risk that another prisoner may decide to target an individual for whatever reason. This may not be the best example but it sure shows what could happen when someone puts a target on your back in prison.

'Whitey' Bulger killed with a 'lock-in-the-sock,' mafia hitman eyed, officials say

I have a sneaky suspicion that Patrick is not going to be feeling well quite a lot from here on out! This case is being brilliantly presented. There is just so much corroboration for KK’s testimony. They are laying a beautiful foundation and house, sans the cracks! Looks like the defense just does not have much to work with - my guess is PK is not much help as he continues to lie and know nothing.

It gives me chills to think he likely would have heard of the Watts case before he did this (same state) and thought he improved on the process for making your significant other go missing. It takes a special kind of evil combined with abject stupidity and an inability to accurately see the consequences to go out and commit a crime like this when you statistically will be suspect number 1. I am sure he thought he was home free when there would be no body and no weapon to be found. Thank goodness we now have the technology and science to make these items no longer necessary to convict.

This evidence could not be more damning if they had him on voicemail confessing! Speaking of which, I wonder if they contemplated trying to get KK to talk to PF by phone and record.

I;ve often thought PF learned several lessons from Chris Watts. Like STFU for one. Watts cooked his goose early on with his pressers. I saw that guy on the local news the first time he spoke and I looked at SO and said He did it. Period.

Thanks - a quick google of CC shows a bunch of these interviews which show a clear bias IMO against KB.
Not a bunch. He spoke to KOAA and to PEOPLE. Other sources have stories where they quote from those two sources. Two is not a bunch. And 99% of it is not even about KB but about PF, because he was being asked for his impressions of the guy. What was he supposed to do - lie and say he saw the guy for the monster he is from the start?

I don’t understand why PF had
To wait 2 days for KK. Why he didn’t just burn the tote without her. I guess he had to wait for someone who hated her as much as him. Sad.
My speculation about this entire tragic ordeal is that both KK and PF are narcissists. KK was so infatuated with PF because he was a challenge to her. PF thought of her as someone who could be easily manipulated. In a way, I think that he underestimated her.

I believe that PF thought that KK was so enthralled with him that she would do anything for him, to include murder. He wanted her to murder KB and possibly take the rap for it if caught.

KK played along with his "game" three times, each time having an excuse to back out. I'm not sure that she ever thought that he would really go through with actually murdering KB if he had to do it himself.

I actually think that this is the reason that he didn't dispose of KB until KK arrived. He still wanted to implicate her in the murder, even if it were after the fact.

We know that KK is not playing with a full deck due to her reaction when PF calls her to clean up the murder scene. Any woman in her right mind would call the police and explain the phone call and the previous requests.

I personally would be scared to death to drive out of state to help a murderer clean up a crime scene, not only because of the gruesomeness, but also because I would think that I was being lured to town to be murdered myself.

I guess, by involving KK as an accessory after the fact, PF thought she would never admit to anything. She had too much to lose--her career, her family, basically, her life as she once knew it.

BTW - I think that KK outsmarted PF again when he tried to get her to take KB's body with her and dispose of it. Once again, IMO, he was trying to set her up as the murderer and to keep LE off his trail.

IMO, she will spin this entire sordid story. Her friends and family will buy her version, forgive her, and she will move on without missing a beat in a few years.

She could have been a hero and saved a mother's life. Instead, she turned out to be a narcissistic zero, who, in the end, one-upped her narcissistic challenge.

When push comes to shove, it's every man for himself. PF wanted her to take the fall. She's crowing inside that she outplayed him at his own game.

KB and her loved ones are the losers in this entire mess. Very, very sad.

Last edited:
I keep hearing stories of how bad prisons are for men who kill children, etc. but if memory serves me correctly, Chris Watts is alive and well and won’t go away. He loves attention. I just never hear stories of these creeps having karma served upon them.

I did hear of a pedophile who was murdered in prison last month so maybe karma comes but we don't hear of it since the guys aren't famous.

I've read that they group them together in prisons because they're harassed by other prisoners.

Nor does it matter. Her entire trip from Idaho to Colorado was tracked, and the car KK borrowed is caught on camera at atleast two locations (Conoco, and Sonic).

No way can the defense refute that, and I don’t expect them to try. They are going to shift the timeline to the right, as there is no other option.

That alibi is rock solid.
^^bbm

Preliminary Hearing and testimony of the timeline are also not in conflict:

Feb 19, 2019

Lee said Frazee wanted her to transport Berreth’s remains, and that he asked her to text Berreth’s mom “I’ll call you tomorrow” from Berreth’s phone, Slater testified. That was Nov. 24 -- the last day Berreth’s phone was active.

According to Slater’s testimony, Lee said she and Frazee went to the barn where he had stored Berreth’s body. Once they got there, Lee told Slater she helped to steady a ladder for Frazee, who moved the tote she said contained Berreth’s body to a haystack. Slater testified Lee told him Frazee then loaded the body into a truck and went back to his property.

After that, Slater said Lee told him they went past the main house and to a pasture and put Berreth’s body into a trough. Slater said Lee told him Frazee used gasoline to light a fire to burn the tote, which was inside the trough.

“[Lee] did stay there for several hours while the fire burned,” Slater said.

Slater said Lee told him she never saw Berreth’s body inside of the tote, but Frazee told her it was there in addition to the baseball bat she claims he used to kill her.

At one point, Slater said Lee told him the flames were so high that Frazee’s mom noticed and checked from the front porch. Slater also said Lee told him she put the trash bags full of items she took from Berreth’s apartment and threw them into the fire, as well as the contents of Berreth’s purse.

After the fire, Slater said Lee told him Frazee told her to take a nap. She told Slater he brought her two slices of pizza and an Ibuprofen because she had a headache.

Lee said on her way home, she threw Berreth’s keys into a gorge near Gooding, Idaho. Slater testified Lee told him she disposed of her burner phone in Breckenridge, and burned Berreth’s phone in her yard.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members