CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #61

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hearing stories of how bad prisons are for men who kill children, etc. but if memory serves me correctly, Chris Watts is alive and well and won’t go away. He loves attention. I just never hear stories of these creeps having karma served upon them.

Yes, it's a fantasy that the rest of the inmate population are good guys who will take of business with another who killed a woman or child. Give me a break. The prisons are full of people who have done that stuff. I think the nature of an inmate's crime has little to do with who gets shanked. They're a bunch of violent thugs, after all. One exception may be Dahmer. Cannibalism, apparently, is even too far for other inmates.

That is a very good point. As much information as we are managing to get, it is only what whoever happens to be reporting it deems to be important. We are missing a large percentage of information being given, not to mention, context, emotion, etc.

You know, when I watch the local news, twitter, facebook, here....I'm amazed at the differences in what people report. It's like Oh, You, soandso, you caught this fact and no one else caught that. That happened a few times during KK's testimony days and that's when I realized, these folks are taking down notes from testimony and that's all they have. So I was thankful there's so many of them because I believe we're getting a pretty good overall picture. THEN I see one guy/gal get it completely wrong because 3 other people reported the same thing and that one person reported something different. We'll certainly appreciate the court record release when it's all over, I'm sure!!!!

I personally would be scared to death to drive out of state to help a murderer clean up a crime scene, not only because of the gruesomeness but also because I would think that I was being lured to town to be murdered myself.”

So true.

I am surprised he didnt try something like that. He could have snuck back to the condo when she was cleaning up, and killed KK< leaving both bodies there, making it look like KK killed KB herself.

But then again, that surveillance camera, porobab ly would have tripped him up again.

DA Mays stated earlier he would not confirm any details of KK's plea agreement but in cases of this magnitude, polygraphs are very much protocol.

Following another case in WA where the defendant's plea agreement called for polygraph of the defendant before sentencing.

Following the exam - two additional individuals were arrested and charged with 1st-degree murder, tampering with evidence, rendering criminal assistance, and misleading law enforcement.

Telling the truth is big for KK-- she wants to stay out of jail -- even if at 3 years maximum.

MOO
Interesting. Thank you. It really does seem like she is telling the truth.

He apparently wanted KK to bring the body back to Idaho. I imagine that he thought in the back of his mind that she’d agree to it.
Her actions showed to him that she was willing to do just about anything for him. So, I really think that he thought that it was a possibility that she would do this for him.

I personally would be scared to death to drive out of state to help a murderer clean up a crime scene, not only because of the gruesomeness but also because I would think that I was being lured to town to be murdered myself.”

So true.

Seems it did pass KK's mind!

I believe at one point KK alluded to leaving blood behind at KB's condo more for her owns self-preservation -- in the event she also went missing. KK said she knew KK's condo would be searched, (and KK's friend could link her to traveling to Colorado at PF's request).

MOO

Patrick wanted it both ways.

He wanted to say Kelsey didn't show up for work enough to keep the baby's insurance but, hey, he was a constant hands-on father because she worked out of town.

I think he made sure he was seen with the baby once he started to make the case for her being a bad mother.
Kelsey working less hours and not having the baby covered under insurance would mean more money PF would have to pay for health insurance as part of the child support.

At the time, he was depending on his mother to provide a place to live and he depended on Kelsey to provide the insurance coverage for the baby.

Imo

I think he expected KK to drive up in her truck and he would just throw the tote inside, leaving her no choice.

The borrowed car put a kink in that.
She outsmarted him yet again...She even had the excuse that the car had an expired registration. I believe that she was fully aware of this when she borrowed the vehicle.

Just to add... MG and KK exchanged vehicles AROUND 4 p.m. per pg 8 of the Affidavit for Arrest Warrant. I don't know where the 3 p.m. time came from. Not sure why this even matters. MOO

Most interesting, to me, is how KK doesn't seem to need much sleep! Does Thanksgiving dinner at her house; up at some ungodly hour for work; works nearly 12 hours; switches cars and drives 12 hours; cleans a murder scene; travels more to get body and make phone calls; hangs around for the burn and then drives back for 12 hours. WTH?

Seems it did pass KK's mind!

I believe at one point KK alluded to leaving blood behind at KB's condo more for her owns self-preservation -- in the event she also went missing. KK said she knew KK's condo would be searched, (and KK's friend could link her to traveling to Colorado at PF's request).

MOO

After seeing the crime scene, I can't figure out WHY KK didn't run for the hills.

I would have thought....I'm next.

Moo

I am surprised he didnt try something like that. He could have snuck back to the condo when she was cleaning up, and killed KK< leaving both bodies there, making it look like KK killed KB herself.
But then again, that surveillance camera, probably would have tripped him up again.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there was no surveillance camera in the back where the window was, right? He could have unlocked that window and gotten in that way without being seen on camera.

I was asking a simple question that hasn't been answered yet. It is my understanding Kelsey worked a long distance out of town and PF watched the baby. I'm still trying to find out how much of the time he watched her. Thats all.

That question has NOT been answered yet in court or in published investigation. Friends and customers of PF have said that he was the primary caregiver. PF told LE that he was responsible for payment of the child's health insurance and paid it directly. He told the CPS interviewer that he had greater than 50% custody. The family hotly disputes this, and the prosecution has not yet called any witnesses that would have information to clarify this issue.
They did not have any sort of formalized agreement. KB did not know very many people in the area of her home, so I think it is safe to say PF had the child every time KB worked.
I would think clearer information is coming, more likely in defense. IMO

Most interesting, to me, is how KK doesn't seem to need much sleep! Does Thanksgiving dinner at her house; up at some ungodly hour for work; works nearly 12 hours; switches cars and drives 12 hours; cleans a murder scene; travels more to get body and make phone calls; hangs around for the burn and then drives back for 12 hours. WTH?
Maybe, as a nurse, she has a stash of Adderall...

He gave her that special feeling, like no other.

Moo

Possibly a lot of Red Bull and coffee. And then there’s adrenaline.

Ooops -- I believe PF physically moving the tote from his truck bed to inside the condo is an assumption by LE (and most of us) but there's no clear evidence that he did so. MOO

@Seattle1 — It took some digging but I finally found where I had read that PF took the tote into the condo. See the post below by @PommyMommy that references the full MSM article.

This is all still MOO for me, of course. ;)

RSBM:
According to Kenney, she said Frazee told her he brought in a tote from the back of his truck that he usually keeps horse supplies. Frazee allegedly said he brought the tote in, put the bat in it.”

Wow, there are many more details. The article was updated this morning about 6 a.m.

Noting:

“I wasn’t very prepared because I didn’t bring anything to wipe it with,” Kenney said. She said she went into the closet across from the bathroom, grabbed rags and an empty spray bottle, which she put bleach inside

Kenney said she moved the couch and got behind the wall because some blood did run behind it. She moved a stand with a lamp cleaned it as well as the couch. According to Kenney, Frazee wanted her to clean up as much as she possibly could.

According to Kenney, there were bloody footprints up the stairs and saw the bloody candles up there. She said the bloody footprints were by the bed upstairs and then down the stairs.

According to Kenney, she said Frazee told her he brought in a tote from the back of his truck that he usually keeps horse supplies. Frazee allegedly said he brought the tote in, put the bat in it.

When they got to the ranch, Kenney said Frazee backed the truck up to a galvanized water trough. Kenney said Frazee then dragged the tote into the trough, where there was also pallets.

...Frazee then went back to the north side of where they were, grabbed some tin roofing and put it over the top of it to try and tame the fire. After the tin, Kenney said Frazee threw a bottle of motor oil in so that it would burn hotter.

Kenney said when she burned the purse and phone, she put the ashes in a silver box, then into a plastic bag that she threw in the trash on her way to work.

I can't even get the kids to come downstairs to clean the house.

She outsmarted him yet again...She even had the excuse that the car had an expired registration. I believe that she was fully aware of this when she borrowed the vehicle.
There’s an issue with that, and it’s found in the affidavit. MG apparently asked to borrow KK’s truck, and not the other way around.

It’s quite the coincidence, and we have yet to hear from MG. If we take this at face value, then KK merely got very lucky with that built in excuse (small car with expired registration).

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...lication and Affidavit for Arrest Warrant.pdf

Attachments

• CD519440-3706-43CB-B674-88B15E5FFA39.jpeg
    CD519440-3706-43CB-B674-88B15E5FFA39.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 8
ok. snark: I was just watching the local news report of the first half of today and they ran the footage of KK's first courthouse appearance and her mug shot. Man, she has let herself go since then...I imagine in my own head that she's just given up getting her hair lightened these days. Her roots are half the length of her hair now. I hope she has a low grade tension constantly bothering her now. I mean, you guys, HOW WOULD YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELVES? I bet she thinks of that condo every single day of her life. I bet she wonders What. Was. I. Thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member