CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely agree with everything you said! I mean usually there is some sort of “love” motive for these scenarios. I think that was KK’s motive, but PF did not at all suggest that they would live happily ever after if KB was out of the picture. Or at least I didn’t get that impression.

PF seems to be a complete *** to women all together IMO. The way he treated both of them is completely disgusting to me! But he appeared to have some type of hold on them both which is quite common in abusive relationships. I really expected to hear from KK how he must have promised her the moon and stars if she followed through with killing KB, but I heard nothing to f the sort.

PF is an absolute disgusting monster and MUST be found guilty! MOO
It's easy to say this after hindsight in this case (and hindsight in my own life) but she should have left him when he was screaming at her in the cattle field. "Treat me with respect or I'm out of here". So many women are by nature peacemakers, and just want to paper over that abusive treatment. She was a highly trained pilot who had to be proficient in math, physics and earth sciences, he was a farrier who lived with mama.

I believe that was the code for their personal discussions of their crime prior to PF's arrest.

KK also alleged that she paid $9,000 for a horse she co-owned with PF and that he had not reimbursed her for his share. She stated that he showed her where to locate his ag business papers (horses included).

Also, I don't believe PF's use of the word "horses" in his jailhouse calls has anything to do with the personal code between himself and KK.

MOO
Yes, I'm guessing his mother was not going to take care of his horses for him so he had to arrange for someone else to take them.

Imo

You should contact the Idaho Board of Nursing since that's who regulates nursing licenses, not medicine.

Yep. We had lots of conversation about this early on. I have no doubt that she will lose her license after she is sentenced and her case is considered fully adjudicated. It makes sense because, while she's pled guilty to the one charge, that could change if she doesn't cooperate. It won't be automatic, but the board will get notification (most likely from the DA's office) and they will follow their procedures. BON actions typically take some time - they may already be internally watching the case - we don't know.

From the link above:

Though KK hasn't been charged with any of those specific crimes in the case, the crime does certainly touch very close to these things.

ETA: The nice thing about the ID BON not having specific charge requirements is that the BON will be able to look at all the things she admitted to - not just the things she actually pled guilty to. For example, conspiracy to commit murder x3.

I know @Simply Southern has stated they believe KK will just not renew, which some people may do, I don't believe that date will be soon enough for that to be an option for KK. Her license is valid until 8/31/21 according to Nursys. MOO, of course.
She absolutely will never work as an RN again. I’m sure she knows that, IMO. If she doesn’t want to have the Board not accept her license renewal and is smart (which I think she is) it would make the most sense, as Southern suggested earlier, that she would simply not renew and then her license would just be noted to be “inactive”.

IMO, KK lawyered up as soon as the FBI came a calling. Once she did, and told her lawyers just how much she was involved, they held the cards.
The DA was pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place if they wanted to ensure that PF was locked away for life and away from that precious baby girl.

They had to cut a deal, and that totally sucks, but I get it. KK is a monster, but PF is the damn devil.
I don’t necessarily like that she got a sweet deal, but I can live with it as long as the devil goes straight back to hell! MOO

Do you really think a juror is going to let PF walk JUST because he/she despises KK? I despise her involvement and not thrilled with the deal but never would I let that cloud my judgement. The evidence is overwhelming that HE did it. Not KK. Regardless of whether they see her as a villian OR a victim, she is not the murderer. She. was. not. there.
Good post and I agree! And I look at it like this - if I was a juror, I'd be thinking, even though I don't like KK and even though I think she got a 'sweet deal' and even though she was so very much involved with this - before and after - which she has admitted to, is it fair to let PF walk free just because KK isn't getting charged with what SHE really should have been charged with?? And that answer is NO, I don't want him to walk free. I want him convicted and to spend every day of his life in prison from here on out until he dies.

So I guess what I'm saying is, as difficult as it is to know KK will NEVER (IMO) face what she should in all of this, to me, that shouldn't affect my decision of what the trial is really about which is PF killed KB and that is why we are here in court is because of him and him only!

This is all JMO.

OT, but being as KK is definitely a felon, how does that affect custody issues with her children?
Also, her dad said he was at her place on Thanksgiving and with her husband. I though she had divorced him in 2016, after her abortion with PF's child. Also, how could she know for certain it was PF's child? I guess there is one way to know.

OT, but being as KK is definitely a felon, how does that affect custody issues with her children?
Also, her dad said he was at her place on Thanksgiving and with her husband. I though she had divorced him in 2016, after her abortion with PF's child. Also, how could she know for certain it was PF's child? I guess there is one way to know.

It is very possible KK and her ex spent the holiday together for the sake of their children. I know it sounds odd but my ex and his partner come to my house on Christmas night...again, for the kids (mine are adult though). I can happen.

It's easy to say this after hindsight in this case (and hindsight in my own life) but she should have left him when he was screaming at her in the cattle field. "Treat me with respect or I'm out of here". So many women are by nature peacemakers, and just want to paper over that abusive treatment. She was a highly trained pilot who had to be proficient in math, physics and earth sciences, he was a farrier who lived with mama.
I have the same hindsight but, like me, KB had a child with her abuser and that makes it sooo much harder. I was lucky to escape with my life, very lucky, but I almost didn’t... it’s a scary world out there and we need to teach our children about red flags for any relationship, female or male, platonic or romantic, that they could have. IMO.

Or dental records matched the X rayed tooth.
I wondered that myself. If they were able to match it to her dental records, that would be confirmation right there that it is hers. Certain teeth have characteristics that stand out. For example, I am part American Indian (though to look at me, you'd say German/Brit, lol), and I have shovel teeth along with something on one of my molars that is a distinctive characteristic that would stand out for me. Hopefully, this tooth will have the same for Kelsey.

I wondered that myself. If they were able to match it to her dental records, that would be confirmation right there that it is hers. Certain teeth have characteristics that stand out. For example, I am part American Indian (though to look at me, you'd say German/Brit, lol), and I have shovel teeth along with something on one of my molars that is a distinctive characteristic that would stand out for me. Hopefully, this tooth will have the same for Kelsey.
I like your Avatar! It’s beautiful!

Idaho has NO absolute law or statue to revoke or denial application. Only four offences are listed for extreme consideration.

MOO Tampering with evidence Class 6 Felony does not appear to prevent obtaining a license.

Idaho Board of Nursing
Disciplinary Action

Unlike some state boards of nursing, the Idaho Board has not identified ‘absolute bars’ to licensure or
certification. However, evidence of any significant threat to the health or safety of the public will likely result in Board denial of an application. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to:

Multiple or repeat criminal violations or patterns of similar/related offenses
❖ Criminal mistreatment of children or vulnerable adults
❖ Murder, felonious assault, kidnapping, rape or other crimes of violence against persons
❖ Demonstrated lack of rehabilitation or rehabilitation potential

Applicants for nurse licensure should be aware that federal laws barring individuals convicted of certain offenses from employment in the healthcare field, especially in institutions that receive public monies (e.g. Medicaid or Medicare), may preclude employment as a nurse even if a license is issued.

https://ibn.idaho.gov/IBNPortal/IBON/General/Criminal_Background.pdf

I have read and searched:

Standards of Practice

Idaho State Statue
Chapter 14 – Idaho State Legislature

I've wondered about the custody issue as well.

Colorado law divides felonies into six categories, from class 1 to class 6.

KK's charged with Class 6 which is the least serious category of Colorado felonies.

On paper, I don't know that Idaho Court would consider that severe enough to affect custody but I think her ex-husband could testify how the more serious charges were omitted pursuant to her cooperation/plea deal.

I hate the idea of KK raising children....:eek:

I don't know but I see that gitana1 has been tagged. @riolove77 might also be able to answer and I think @oviedo might be familiar with this as well. MOO
I don’t think so because that estate is still in probate and if there was money coming to him I would think he could have petitioned for a partial distribution to pay his criminal attorney IMO - we don’t know who the Personal representative of the estate is but I find it very interesting the checkbook was at the house ... maybe that’s what they are fighting about ? He wrote checks off of the estate account maybe ? I just don’t know how CO probate works but we can speculate
JMO

SF2 testified that as of last week, the estate of RF has not been settled. (There are no distributions to heirs until an estate is settled).

There was a hearing in Probate County Court in January 2019 that named RF and EF on the docket. At the time of the hearing, we did not have MSM confirmation EF deceased and therefore could not confirm the type of hearing scheduled -- especially since Guardianship hearings are also heard in Probate County Court.

(Without confirmation of RF death, we believed it possible that EF was petitioning for guardianship of RF. Since he was already deceased (confirmed dod 8/2018) at the hearing date, we know that wasn't the case).

Since EF was on the docket, it's most likely she's the personal representative or co-representative for the estate.

MOO

ETA: Haven't checked Colorado statute but some states can garnish distribution proceeds to reimburse the State for costs of their public defender.
In my state we can get partial distributions while it’s being probated IF all the heirs agree - my guess is someone didn’t agree here IMO

I don’t think so because that estate is still in probate and if there was money coming to him I would think he could have petitioned for a partial distribution to pay his criminal attorney IMO - we don’t know who the Personal representative of the estate is but I find it very interesting the checkbook was at the house ... maybe that’s what they are fighting about ? He wrote checks off of the estate account maybe ? I just don’t know how CO probate works but we can speculate
JMO
And like your Avatar as well! <3

Good questions, BTW.
Children all in the same family are not always
treated the same. We know that from studies.
The first born gets certain benefits in treatment that say the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th don't get. Same w/ babies in the family are often given much more lax care and discipline.
Some parents detest one child because he looks
like Uncle Joe the pedo, or little Mary looks
like the mother in law. See what I mean?

Also each child in a family has a distinctive brain w/ some more highly developed in certain areas of the brain. Some are smarter,
some are more emotional, some are more hardheaded, etc. In other words, each child is
unique.
But we do know that most times these psycho
criminals ALL have some sort of trauma in their past while growing up. Some horrible things happened to them that maybe did not happen to the other siblings. And also different siblings process trauma in different ways. Some let it bounce off them, some internalize the trauma and it affects them the rest of their lives.
If you read about the backgrounds of many
criminals, there's often similarities in their
childhoods. Neglect and severe punishment usually.
moo

Everything you said. I think nearly all research shows it's a combination of nature and nurture. It's a perfect storm that produces the cluster Bs. This is also what makes the bleeding hearts go wrong because they see the sad childhood and think the personality disordered individual can be rehabilitated with therapy. Wrong!

Idaho has NO absolute law or statue to revoke or denial application. Only four offences are listed for extreme consideration.

MOO Tampering with evidence Class 6 Felony does not appear to prevent obtaining a license.

Idaho Board of Nursing
Disciplinary Action

Unlike some state boards of nursing, the Idaho Board has not identified ‘absolute bars’ to licensure or
certification. However, evidence of any significant threat to the health or safety of the public will likely result in Board denial of an application. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to:

Multiple or repeat criminal violations or patterns of similar/related offenses
❖ Criminal mistreatment of children or vulnerable adults
❖ Murder, felonious assault, kidnapping, rape or other crimes of violence against persons
❖ Demonstrated lack of rehabilitation or rehabilitation potential

Applicants for nurse licensure should be aware that federal laws barring individuals convicted of certain offenses from employment in the healthcare field, especially in institutions that receive public monies (e.g. Medicaid or Medicare), may preclude employment as a nurse even if a license is issued.

https://ibn.idaho.gov/IBNPortal/IBON/General/Criminal_Background.pdf

I have read and searched:

Standards of Practice

Idaho State Statue
Chapter 14 – Idaho State Legislature
Wow - that’s interesting. I still can’t see anyone ever hiring her to work as an RN though even if she can retain her license, which would shock me.

JMO
I'm speculating SF and EF likely co-reps. It sounds like the residence SF and PF shared would make it difficult to determine who's is what. MOO

Good morning @Simply Southern -- I researched this before and Idaho is not black and white. I believe no action here until conviction on the record (December 2019), and whether she retains valid license is a case by case decision!

It's also a problem that KK was only charged with tampering with evidence which on paper does not represent the true nature of her character or her threat to the health and safety of the public.

Criminal history is evaluated on a case‐by‐case basis with consideration given to the type and context of the crime(s) and the applicant’s demonstrated behavior following the commission of the crime(s)....

[...]

Unlike some state boards of nursing, the Idaho Board has not identified ‘absolute bars’ to licensure or certification. However, evidence of any significant threat to the health or safety of the public will likely result in denial of an application....

https://ibn.idaho.gov/IBNPortal/IBN/PUBLICATIONS/Criminal Background FAQ.pdf

Just saw your post after I posted.

MOO... This is one of most liberal BON laws I've seen.

The deal is even sweeter. The tampering allows her to keep her license. She had one dang good lawyer !!!

I'm not liking this deal... probably no jail time and she gets to keep her license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member