CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered about the custody issue as well.

Colorado law divides felonies into six categories, from class 1 to class 6.

KK's charged with Class 6 which is the least serious category of Colorado felonies.

On paper, I don't know that Idaho Court would consider that severe enough to affect custody but I think her ex-husband could testify how the more serious charges were omitted pursuant to her cooperation/plea deal.

I hate the idea of KK raising children....:eek:
If it were my children, I would petition for monitored visitation only. Not only is she weak and immoral, but kept company with a murderer who threatened her own children. Even with that, she still didn't go to the police. I can hardly believe it! I would protect my children at any and all cost. jmo

OT, but being as KK is definitely a felon, how does that affect custody issues with her children?
Also, her dad said he was at her place on Thanksgiving and with her husband. I though she had divorced him in 2016, after her abortion with PF's child. Also, how could she know for certain it was PF's child? I guess there is one way to know.
Well, apparently she and the ex- husband got along well even after the divorce. I think they were still living together for awhile.
I don't know how he feels about it now, though.
Anyway, even parents who are convicted felons have a right to visitation, so she will still have a relationship with them even if she doesn't have custody of them.

Jmo

OT, but being as KK is definitely a felon, how does that affect custody issues with her children?
Also, her dad said he was at her place on Thanksgiving and with her husband. I though she had divorced him in 2016, after her abortion with PF's child. Also, how could she know for certain it was PF's child? I guess there is one way to know.

IIRC, there was some weird thing where they're still living under the same roof even though they're still married or some such crap. Not exactly sure, thought, since I try to ignore everything and anything about KK's soap operatic existence.

Re: how her being a convicted felon affects custody issues, it probably doesn't.

Unfortunately.

JMO.

Well, apparently she and the ex- husband got along well even after the divorce. I think they were still living together for awhile.
I don't know how he feels about it now, though.
Anyway, even parents who are convicted felons have a right to visitation, so she will still have a relationship with them even if she doesn't have custody of them.

Jmo
At a point they can decide for themselves if they want to see her.

about grieving differently... it's not unusual in my horse world that many females keep a shock
of the horse's tail hair as a remembrance of their
departed buddy. Some even have bracelets made as braided horse hair jewelry. To each his own, I guess.

I have all of my dear departed doggie's ashes, hair locks, and some favorite toys, etc.

At a point they can decide for themselves if they want to see her.
Yes, it must be very hard for them at this age.
Other kids can be mean and insensitive and they have likely already been bullied because of their mother's actions.
I imagine as they are still pretty young they would want to see their mother.

Imo

These horses someone was supposed to come get .... if we assume "horses" is code, code for what? And did it ever get picked up??? Is there a stash of unclaimed evidence somewhere? Alternately, could "horses" have meant the baby? Order of events, was KK brought to light by then? Was that his next genius plan, whisk the baby off to Idaho, figuring nobody would look for her either, and certainly not there?

As for clean up, if KK had said, "No way. Do it yourself. " she'd been on his hit list no doubt, but that still wouldn't solve his immediate need. He'd have found another woman to clean up for him. Easy guess who that would've been.

MOO MOO MOO
What would have been ideal is when KK got the call about having a "mess to clean up," then she call law enforcement and tell them them the story, all while letting PF think she was on her way there to clean it up. That way investigators/LEO would have more likely than not, found lots more evidence, including his bloody foot prints, pictures of him on neighbor's surveillance, etc. But instead at the point when KK got the call, she was willing to clean it up because she thought him/PF and her were going to live happily ever after because KB was finally out of the picture. And not for one minute do I think she was afraid of him and that is JMO because I know others will disagree and it's also JMO it's nothing but BS when she says she left some blood spots for LE to see. But that's all in the past and none of us will ever know exactly what she was thinking through all of this, but her deal has been made and PF is the one on trial and I hope he is convicted and will spend the rest of his life behind bars!

I don't know if DA May planned it or the timing just worked out in his favor, but I think JM being the last person to testify before the jury took off for a three-day weekend was brilliant.

I've posted before that I worry about a single rogue juror, the kind who fancies PF or takes the side of the 'local boy' over the nasty outsider women. I worry about the single rogue juror who hates KK so much that s/he decides it isn't 'fair' to punish PF harshly, even though ultimately PF is the one who picked up the baseball bat and battered KB to death with their infant child nearby. I worry about the rogue juror who votes to let PF off because KK got a sweet deal and it wouldn't be 'fair' to PF to give him a harsh sentence. I worry about a rogue juror who forgets that this trial is about justice for Kelsey Berreth, not KK or PF.

JM is not an 'outsider' like KB or KK. He's part of the local community and has been for a long time. He witnessed PF's shabby treatment of KB on at least one occasion - not harsh treatment of an animal, but of the mother of his child. He personally heard PF say things that KK also reported him saying. Anyone who dismissed KK's testimony that PF threatened her kids by referring to children on playgrounds going missing can no longer do so.

I think locals on the jury who might have been inclined to take PF's side - folks like CC and RS, who fortunately are not on the jury - will have a hard time ignoring the testimony of JM.

One caveat: I don't know JM's local reputation. Will the defense try to smear him, attack his character to discredit his testimony?

My state prohibits ex spouses to serve as PRs - I don’t think SF is but EF likely is since she’s on the probate docket posted upthread
JMO
My college roommate (Colorado) served as personal rep of her ex-husband's estate. When his brother challenged this, Judge stated that the decedent wrote his will after the divorce and likely knew what he was doing. From the January 2019 docket, I agree the rep is likely EF.

I know @Simply Southern has stated they believe KK will just not renew, which some people may do, I don't believe that date will be soon enough for that to be an option for KK. Her license is valid until 8/31/21 according to Nursys. MOO, of course.

After checking all the State codes, status, and the nursing board....
KK is gonna walk away a free woman and keep her nursing license.

I've just downgraded my opinion of Dan May. He look the easy way out, didn't have to work for any of this information. Not someone I would vote for.

She committed so many crimes and now she walks. Dan is not the man I thought he was.

This has NOT ruined her life.

No words ....just no words....

All MOO...

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, there was some weird thing where they're still living under the same roof even though they're still married or some such crap. Not exactly sure, thought, since I try to ignore everything and anything about KK's soap operatic existence.

Re: how her being a convicted felon affects custody issues, it probably doesn't.

Unfortunately.

JMO.
Imo, it's not just that she herself is a convicted felon, but that her own children were put at risk and she allowed it! That would freak me out!

IMO, the entire estate is most likely real property (and where the ongoing dispute stems from).
There is some cash as the estate has a bank account - of course the real property could have been sold and the proceeds deposited ? I think they valued it at $400k - I wonder if there is a civil action involved too?
IMO

My college roommate (Colorado) served as personal rep of her ex-husband's estate. When his brother challenged this, Judge stated that the decedent wrote his will after the divorce and likely knew what he was doing. From the January 2019 docket, I agree the rep is likely EF.
Our statute prohibits this even if that’s what the deceased wanted by their Will - I don’t think it’s been challenged though

I believe she and her husband lived in the same house even after the divorce.

It seems that it is more of a ranch or small ranch or farm (haven’t looked it up) so it could have been easier to keep everything going if they were both there, especially if they had horses or other animals.

Also child care.

MOO

Last edited:
She absolutely will never work as an RN again. I’m sure she knows that, IMO. If she doesn’t want to have the Board not accept her license renewal and is smart (which I think she is) it would make the most sense, as Southern suggested earlier, that she would simply not renew and then her license would just be noted to be “inactive”.

BBM...
After much research and thanks to @Seattle1.

I retract all statements related to the nursing license.

The Idaho BON has the most liberal policies for criminals that I've encountered.

Dan May made sure she could work again with the deal. Tampering with evidence will not affect the nursing license. MOO.. and that's why we see no charges filed against the with the Board of Nursing.

KK will reign again.

MOO...

It is very possible KK and her ex spent the holiday together for the sake of their children. I know it sounds odd but my ex and his partner come to my house on Christmas night...again, for the kids (mine are adult though). I can happen.

While they are divorced, I believe she was living with the ex husband. I hope he threw her out when he learned what she'd been up to. I can't imagine he could stand the sight of her by this point.

BBM...
After much research and thanks to @Seattle1.

I retract all statements related to the nursing license.

The Idaho BON has the most liberal policies for criminals that I've encountered.

Dan May made sure she could work again with the deal. Tampering with evidence will not affect the nursing license. MOO.. and that's why we see no charges filed against the with the Board of Nursing.

KK will reign again.

MOO...
But who's going to hire her? Who's going to allow her care taking of one of their loved ones? She's a liability imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member