CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue discussion here.

Remember, no derogatory name changes for case players, no arguing or personalizing, post respectfully at all times, no off topic posts.

Please stay on topic, which is the trial of PF in the murder of Kelsey Berreth.

Did he have a particular "someone else" in mind, or was he speaking of a generic "someone else"?
It actually sounded like the last bunch of flirty texts by PF with the person Sam tonight described as being "maybe 21 years old" was 'next in line'.

Scary that he was able to just put everything related to KB and his child into a box in his brain and went out actively looking for the next person, all while keeping KK in the wings.

So do we know for sure that Doss was going to cancel Baby K's medical insurance?
I believe Baby K's medical insurance was canceled but probably not when and as reported by PF.

PF told one account that the insurance was being canceled because KB let it lapse. He also said that KB was getting up and going to work but apparently it was not so. Also sprinkled in KB at rehab and absent -- for sympathy I guess.

However, if Baby K was insured as KB's dependent under her Employer's group plan, the Employer would have no choice but to terminate her coverage if KB was no longer the Subscriber (i.e., no longer their employee).

On the other hand -- if partial truth to PF's story that KB canceled Baby K's insurance because she could no longer afford her coverage or if she had insufficient hours then it makes sense. I'm sure that Doss provided paid medical insurance for employees only and KB would be responsible for any dependent premiums most likely by payroll deduction.

MOO

Last edited:
I particularly agree in this case. So much of the evidence would have been lost if the investigation hadn't kicked into high gear when it did: the camera footage from KB's neighbor, the camera footage from local businesses documenting PF's, KB's and KK's whereabouts, the cellphone records, the bale of hay in the barn. There simply wouldn't have been enough evidence left to bring a case to court.

PF perhaps thought that WP were inept, and he could get away with his deed due to lack of resources and being in the small town boonies. Who would have thought that the CBI etc. did a full on with this case, to the nth degree.

*applause* that they did up front, and continued and continued with the case.

Lance Benzel‏ @lancebenzel
Defense elicited key detail from one of Lee’s friends in Idaho. Under cross examination, woman who lent car to Krystal Lee after Thanksgiving tells jury that a bullet was missing from gun in glove box. ** ^^ bbm

11:12 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
On cross, Garrison was asked about the bullet missing from her 9mm gun beneath the driver’s seat.** She couldn’t remember telling the FBI if one was missing from the chamber when asked by Stiegerwald. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

8:46 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Reporter @SamKraemerTV confirmed witness Garrison testified her gun is kept beneath the driver's seat.

I believe Baby K's medical insurance was canceled but probably not when and as reported by PF.

PF told one account that the insurance was being canceled because KB let it lapse. He also said that KB was getting up and going to work but apparently it was not so. Also sprinkled in KB at rehab and absent -- for sympathy I guess.

However, if Baby K was insured as KB's dependent under her Employer's group plan, the Employer would have no choice but to terminate her coverage if KB was no longer the Subscriber (i.e., no longer their employee).

On the other hand -- if partial truth to PF's story that KB canceled Baby K's insurance because she could no longer afford her coverage or if she had insufficient hours then it makes sense. I'm sure that Doss provided paid medical insurance for employees only and KB would be responsible for any dependent premiums most likely by payroll deduction.

MOO
I'm not understanding your point. Employees usually have an enrollment period for benefits between October and around the first of December. An employee who only has themselves on the policy pays one premium but children are an additional premium. This is the way our insurance works and we've been married decades.

I don't believe KB cancelled the baby's insurance, I believe she failed to re-enroll by the deadline. Thus the requirement for Doss to contact the other parent, PF, if he wanted to use COBRA benefits for the child.

There are some aspects to this case which are not proof PF murdered KB. This is one of them.

JMO

Wednesday, November 13th:
*Trial continues (Day 8) (@ 8:30am MT) - CO – Kelsey Berreth (29) (last seen Nov. 22, 2018, Woodland Park; phone pinged 800 miles away in Gooding, Idaho on 11/25/18 @ 5:13pm, reported missing Dec. 2, 2018; not found) – *Patrick Michael Frazee (32) “fiancé” arrested (12/21/18), charged (12/31/18) & arraigned (4/8/19) with 2 counts 1st degree murder (to align with the prosecution’s theories on how he did it), 3 counts of solicitation to commit 1st degree murder, 1st degree felony murder (death during attempted robbery) and charged (4/5/19) with 2 counts of crime of violence (sentence enhancer). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
Trial began on Monday, 10/28 with jury selection, trial started on 11/1. Trial is expected to last 3 weeks (thru 11/18/19). Jurors: 7 women & 5 men; alternates: 2 women & 2 men.
See post #1274 here for 10/28/19 thru 11/7/19 court trial information:
Still Missing - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #61

11/8/19 Day 6: State witnesses: Julie Nash (owns Nash Ranch). Elizabeth Police Dept. K9 Officer Frank Hurst (Bloodhound Radar at Nash Ranch). Video shown of Bloodhound Radar detecting human decomposition scent at Patrick Frazee’s barn. Dog sat on discolored hay stack 15 feet tall). K9 Office Brian Eberle (Lucy at Kelsey's apt). Abbey” Abbondandolo (works for St. Luke's Health System as Senior Director of Security Dept. at Idaho Hospital). Sydney Kenney (Father of KK). Woodland Park Sonic Drive In manager. For the rest of the morning focused on surveillance camera footage from 2 locations: a Sonic Drive-In in Woodland Park & a Conoco gas station in Florissant, showing the movements of Frazee & Kenney the day of Nov. 24, 2018. FBI Special Agent Donald Peterson (Team leader of search team: helped search the alleged burn site on Frazee property). FBI Special Agent Stephanie Benitiz (was involved in the Dec. 14 & 15 searches of Frazee’s home). Joseph Moore (longtime friend of Frazee’s). Trial continues on Tuesday, 11/12.
11/12/19 Day 7: State witnesses: Delynn Bird, who worked with KK as a nurse at St. Luke’s Magic Valley Hospital in the recovery room. Allison Wright, works at St. Luke’s Magic Valley Hospital & filled in for Kenney’s shift on Nov. 24, 2018. Megan Garrison, who swapped vehicles with Kenney when she came down to CO to clean up the crime scene. Special Agent Rodney Draper, who has worked with the FBI since 2002 & worked out of the Boise office since December 2013. Joshua Hayes, Twin Falls PD officer (he found charred cellphone parts in two burn areas on Lee’s property outside of Twin Falls). Robert Stanley Slagle, friend of Frazee's. CBI evidence tech Tonya Aktinson. Ex-CBI fire investigator Jerry Means (arson anaylst). Laurie Luce (PF made monthly visits to trim her horses’ hooves). Jury was sent out of the room for Kayla Daugherty (a personal & professional acquaintance of PF). Judge allows testimony before the jurors. Savannah Greasby (a Colorado Springs nurse who exchanged flirtatious texts with PF). Katherine Donahue (another client of PF). Trial continues on 11/13.
*Child: Review hearing on 12/5/19.
*Krystal Jean Lee (Kenney) – Plea deal-plead guilty to 1 count of tampering with physical evidence, a class 6 felony, with an open sentence. Will testify at Frazee’s trial. Review hearing on 12/2. That will NOT be a sentencing date. Assuming the trial is complete, she will report to probation on that day with sentencing scheduled for 8 weeks after that. Judge Sells says if the trial is delayed, he plans to just delay that review hearing as needed.

*Still don't know if Joseph Moore was on the stand yesterday - ?? - anyone? TIA! :)

Frazee trial: Arson analyst, Frazee friend testify

This is an excellent article which lays out the evidence clearly, evidence for which there is now sworn testimony.

Anyone with doubts about KK being in Idaho during the murder (multiple witnesses) and where the murder took place should absorb this.

I had heard of Patrick writing the "alibi script" but had missed the part where he recited it many times to his friend and drove the route, a friend who cares for him and is just telling it straight.

As Sam told us tonight it mentions the tarp with a dark substance found at the landfill. That seems like a big deal as it surely has tested positive for Kelsey's DNA.

Don't you bet that tarp will be identified as belonging to the Frazees? Maybe Ma F could even recognize it? Why would the prosecution bring it up if they weren't sure what it was?

If you've watched much forensics TV, you know all about minuscule drops of blood and the story they tell of a blunt object striking a body over and over. If not Kelsey's body being struck in that condo where those dots were found, then whose?

The description here of what happens to a body when it burns made me remember KK's words about the rounded shape formed above the tote during the fire. It sounds like Kelsey's body doing what burning bodies do according to the experienced fire investigator.

Today had to be hard for Kelsey's dad and I'm sure each day will just be worse.

I pray that every person who hears/reads this evidence keeps a clear head and can follow DA May's carefully presented storyline.

It's all stunningly clear.

I am in no way a fan of KK and think that the deal she got was unbelievably generous - but think it had to be done to get this case to trial this quickly, and with all this evidence still available...

That said - is it really a stretch to imagine KK was actually afraid :
PF often made reference to children going missing from playgrounds, knowing where to hide bodies where they couldn't be found etc.
PF has been shown to be able to inflict violence on people and animals, and was planning actually committing murder.
In addition we, here on this thread, are having theoretical arguments about whether PF could have killed anyone else - many here think it's at least possible.
There is at least one more death in Woodland Park that may or may not have been suspicious.
We know PF lies.
It doesn't even matter if the death in Woodland Park was suspicious or not, is it possible a liar would infer it was murder and that he may have been involved in that, as a scare tactic.
Add in that his brother is local L.E., he could easily imply that he had help to cover it up.

If you have young children, would you really not be in the least bit afraid of this guy ?
Considering what has actually happened, I think she should have been very afraid of him.

Doesn't excuse her actions, or her participation in this - just I can see that the talk of KK being scared of PF could have some truth to it.

Edited to Add : MOO

Last edited:
I am in no way a fan of KK and think that the deal she got was unbelievably generous - but think it had to be done to get this case to trial this quickly, and with all this evidence still available...

That said - is it really a stretch to imagine KK was actually afraid :
PF often made reference to children going missing from playgrounds, knowing where to hide bodies where they couldn't be found etc.
PF has been shown to be able to inflict violence on people and animals, and was planning actually committing murder.
In addition we, here on this thread, are having theoretical arguments about whether PF could have killed anyone else - many here think it's at least possible.
There is at least one more death in Woodland Park that may or may not have been suspicious.
We know PF lies.
It doesn't even matter if the death in Woodland Park was suspicious or not, is it possible a liar would infer it was murder and that he may have been involved in that, as a scare tactic.
Add in that his brother is local L.E., he could easily imply that he had help to cover it up.

If you have young children, would you really not be in the least bit afraid of this guy ?
Considering what has actually happened, I think she should have been very afraid of him.

Doesn't excuse her actions, or her participation in this - just I can see that the talk of KK being scared of PF could have some truth to it.

Edited to Add : MOO

I can only write my own opinion. I understand someone that is fearful of another. When I was younger, I had a ex boyfriend stalker that left threatening messages on my car while I was at work. He would drive by my house at various hours of the day and night. I was scared. When I moved several states away, he could no longer stalk me the way he used to.
Although KK felt scared, she was hundreds of miles away in another state. She could have got a new phone number, and told her husband. She could have reported any threats to LE. So, I do not buy her being scared. Scared people don't approach people in their homes with a coffee engaging them in bogus conversation with a false persona. I actually find her to be rather bold. I am more inclined to believe that either PF has dirt on her (that we might hear about) or he told her that they could have a relationship once his "Baby Mama" was out of the picture. Scared? No way.

JMO

I can only write my own opinion. I understand someone that is fearful of another. When I was younger, I had a ex boyfriend stalker that left threatening messages on my car while I was at work. He would drive by my house at various hours of the day and night. I was scared. When I moved several states away, he could no longer stalk me the way he used to.
Although KK felt scared, she was hundreds of miles away in another state. She could have got a new phone number, and told her husband. She could have reported any threats to LE. So, I do not buy her being scared. Scared people don't approach people in their homes with a coffee engaging them in bogus conversation with a false persona. I actually find her to be rather bold. I am more inclined to believe that either PF has dirt on her (that we might hear about) or he told her that they could have a relationship once his "Baby Mama" was out of the picture. Scared? No way.

JMO
Completely agree. Bold actions in addition to making up now very convenient phrases or excuses to explain why she did nothing to stop the drama and the murder.

Go through the words and explanations KK has used, that we know of - from statements, testimony, etc. Separate those statements with legit reasons on the left and weak or likely bogus excuses for why she did/did not do things on the right. No human is perfect, but we’ve already discussed how she is an adult, mother, nurse. She knew better. We all know better. And while we might be scared and do a couple small things that are not the best choice, the majority of people will never come close to doing the MANY things KK did. Choice after choice after choice after choice. She knew she was caught and being cornered. Tired of her BS. But will take her testimony to have PF put away. Oh life (sigh). Not fair but hey.

Go through the words and explanations KK has used, that we know of - from statements, testimony, etc. Separate those statements with legit reasons on the left and weak or likely bogus excuses for why she did/did not do things on the right. No human is perfect, but we’ve already discussed how she is an adult, mother, nurse. She knew better. We all know better. And while we might be scared and do a couple small things that are not the best choice, the majority of people will never come close to doing the MANY things KK did. Choice after choice after choice after choice. She knew she was caught and being cornered. Tired of her BS. But will take her testimony to have PF put away. Oh life (sigh). Not fair but hey.

I feel the same. Bitter but necessary.

That KK could have put a stop to what happened instead of becoming a part of it is obvious. If she keeps her sweetheart deal I doubt she'll do any time at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner