CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that PF is totally responsible for the murder, and in no way is his mom, I agree with that.

But I do not think a seemingly sweet girl like Kelsey should have been called a hooker & kicked out of a house when she was pregnant. I also don’t think poor Cheryl Berreth should have been blocked from seeing the one living remnant she had left of her murdered daughter, and I surely don’t believe CB should have been drug into a custody battle in the midst of learning her daughter had been murdered.

I by no means feel SF is responsible for Kelsey’s murder, but do I find her a distasteful person for all said actions above & for surely contributing to some of the mental torture this poor girl experienced prior to her murder-a resounding yes.

And that is the last I will mention SF.

I’m here for Kelsey, the victim in this not SF who is not a victim.
It’s often said that SF blocked CB from seeing KB2. I think CB actually didn’t try. I think she felt it was the prudent thing to do to get a court order first. If anyone has evidence disproving this, I’ll stand corrected.

All the secrecy with this person is pretty exciting.

The defense clearly has an issue with it, and they’re fighting to either keep them out, or limit the scope of their testimony.

Hopefully judge Sells allows it!
Do we know the issue is w/a prosecution witness? Is it possible DA is the one raising objections about a witness for defense?

Nah, he's a goner!

I don't think they need anymore bombshells, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain he's guilty.

Now pass some of that soup will ya, it's lunchtime and I'm starving.

Since it's lunch time for you, can you please check the tweets!

I know every Christmas I watch the NORAD satellite for Santa and Rudolph, and I know he visits you guys earlier than us so pretty please, check the tweets and let us know what they said since your time is ahead of us.

;-)

Friday, November 15th:
*Trial continues (Day 10) (@ 8:30am MT) - CO – Kelsey Berreth (29) (last seen Nov. 22, 2018, Woodland Park; phone pinged 800 miles away in Gooding, Idaho on 11/25/18 @ 5:13pm, reported missing Dec. 2, 2018; not found) – *Patrick Michael Frazee (32) “fiancé” arrested (12/21/18), charged (12/31/18) & arraigned (4/8/19) with 2 counts 1st degree murder (to align with the prosecution’s theories on how he did it), 3 counts of solicitation to commit 1st degree murder, 1st degree felony murder (death during attempted robbery) and charged (4/5/19) with 2 counts of crime of violence (sentence enhancer). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
Trial began on Monday, 10/28 with jury selection, trial started on 11/1. Trial is expected to last 3 weeks (thru 11/18/19). Jurors: 7 women & 5 men; alternates: 2 women & 2 men.
See post #10 here for 10/28/19 thru 11/12/19 court trial information (Day 1 thru Day 7):
Still Missing - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #64

11/13/19 Day 8: State witnesses: Carolyn Sharp (flight instruction-co-worker @ DOSS). Robert Hill III (flight instructor-former co-worker @ DOSS). Jennifer Barks (DOSS Aviation HR officials). Caitlin Rogers (forensic scientist for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation) retakes the stand. Sue Gorner (former townhome owner). Dr. Diane France (forensic anthropologist). CBI Agent Chris Adams (who says they didn’t find anything in the Midway Landfill search). Caitlin Rogers (forensic scientist for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, who specializes in forensic serology & DNA analysis). Prosecutors on pace to rest tomorrow or Friday. “We’re down to our last few witnesses,” DA Dan May says. If timeline holds, closing arguments could be Friday afternoon, defense says. Trial continues on 11/14.
11/14/19 Day 9: State witnesses: Caitlin Rogers (forensic scientist for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, who specializes in forensic serology & DNA analysis). Teller County DHS case worker Mary Longmire. CBI agent Gregg Slater (re phones/texts). FBI Special Agent Kevin Hoyland (officer that works in the VICE unit, specializing in strategic communication. He built a timeline for all relevant events on the case from Nov. 22-25. He’s going through it). Also this afternoon, with testimony for their case winding down, prosecutors began reviewing an elaborate timeline created by investigators, & they ticked off each event that happened in this case, beginning from Nov. 22-Dec. 4, 2018. Fourth Judicial District Court Judge Scott Sells closed the courtroom for a hearing over evidence admissibility, citing concerns that media coverage could taint the jury pool. Waiting for it to re-open. The jury has been sent home for the day, as prosecutors & defense attorneys argue over the admissibility of evidence or testimony that's expected to be admitted Friday. State has 2-3 witnesses left. Judge Sells said that he remains "cautiously optimistic" that closing arguments will still be held Friday afternoon, if not they will happened on Monday. Trial continues on 11/15.
*Child: Review hearing on 12/5/19.

*Krystal Jean Lee (Kenney) – Plea deal-plead guilty to 1 count of tampering with physical evidence, a class 6 felony, with an open sentence. Will testify at Frazee’s trial. Review hearing on 12/2. That will NOT be a sentencing date. Assuming the trial is complete, she will report to probation on that day with sentencing scheduled for 8 weeks after that. Judge Sells says if the trial is delayed, he plans to just delay that review hearing as needed.

She’s not helping the case she is obstructing.
Yet another hallmark of a dysfunctional family and convoluted mother-son relationship.

ETA: A mother who sees her child as a victim in any situation, simple example: a kid who gets a lot of speeding tickets.....the mother blames the cops because they are just lying in wait for these young kids versus holding her child accountable.

If you send that message to your child repetitively, you create entitled jerks who treat people badly because they have not learned to take responsibility or respect others and instead have learned to blame everyone else and bad luck for their difficulties.

I think she would suffer from sudden onset amnesia if asked about anything that would reflect negatively on her son. MOO

Edited to add an example of what I was trying to say.

Last edited:
It’s often said that SF blocked CB from seeing KB2. I think CB actually didn’t try. I think she felt it was the prudent thing to do to get a court order first. If anyone has evidence disproving this, I’ll stand corrected.
While this may be true, the proper and kind thing to have done is to reach out to CB and arrange a time to get together to facilitate at least a visit. CB had done nothing to accuse PF at that time to give SF1 reason to shun CB. But those two devils knew KB "wasn't coming back" and why, hence no engaging CB.

I have every reason to dislike my ex-dil, but I'll tell you, if she ever went missing and her boys were in my care at that time, there's no way I would keep those boys from her family. And I would look for her too, because she is their mother and THEY love her.

Those two had "GUILTY" written all over them. JMHO

4780.gif

Day 10 of the Trial.

Roll Call!

Who's Here for Kelsey?

I agree. They were dealing with someone very dangerous. I think CB and the LE proceeded with extreme caution.

I am up and making chicken noodle soup and catching up on the case.

I will be honest with you all. The jury pool scares me out here. These are definitely a trial of HIS peers. I’m crossing my fingers.
I thought the same, too. I do think they will take the job seriously, and see him as the guilty party. If they didn't, they would have to ignore the cellphone data and KK's testimony, which corroborated each other. Regardless of how he destroyed her remains or KK cleaned up his mess, the cellphone data just can't be ignored. Also, even if these are his peers, they probably don't want this individual running around loose, especially if they have daughters and granddaughters. He is NOT a pretty good dude!!

I do worry a bit. Some of the public seems to rely way too heavily on DNA. Gone seem to be the days people relied on non-DNA evidence...
Public perception of evidence needs to change or the perps are going to have the upper hand.
Can you elaborate? How is it possible to rely “too much” on something as definitive as DNA? To me that would be like saying we put too much stock in surveillance video...

Do we know the issue is w/a prosecution witness? Is it possible DA is the one raising objections about a witness for defense?
I think it would have to be with a prosecution witness. The defense hasn’t started presenting its case yet so I don’t believe the prosecution would be objecting at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers