CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jakob Rodgers
@JakobRodgers

·
2m
"To create this stain, that requires a signicifant blood source in order for the blood to flow in there. This is more than a drop of blood. This is a lot of blood," analyst testifies, of blood markings on #KelseyBerreth's livingroom floorboards.
@csgazette
#PatrickFrazee
Awful to learn but I'm glad the jury gets to hear an expert say there was a lot of blood. That puts to rest the idea there were only specks throughout the condo.

NOV 15, 2019
PATRICK FRAZEE TRIAL: Blood spatter 'absolutely' fits baseball bat murder
Florissant rancher Patrick Frazee could have swung a baseball bat 15 times or more as he allegedly murdered his fiancee Kelsey Berreth, a witness told jurors today.

A bloodstain pattern analyst testified that blood left in Berreth's Woodland Park townhouse is consistent with the account of a grisly attack described on the stand earlier this month by Frazee's mistress.

"Oh absolutely," said the expert, retired police officer Jonathyn Priest.

[...]

Priest said a victim of such a beating could have been conscious beyond the first blow — enough to say "Please, stop," as Berreth allegedly told Frazee in seeking mercy.

[...]

Today is the 10th day of testimony. Opening statements were Nov. 2 and the jury has heard from more than 60 witnesses.

[...]

Priest told the jury he wasn't surprised by gaps in DNA at the crime scene, given that Frazee's mistress allegedly used bleach to clean up afterward.

"To create this stain, that requires a significant blood source in order for the blood to flow in there," Priest said of the hardwood floor. "This is more than a drop of blood. This is a lot of blood."

[...]

According to prosecution witnesses, Frazee's cover-up included an elaborate ruse in which he and his mistress sent text messages from Berreth's phone to make it look like she was still alive, days after Frazee allegedly beat her to death.

[...]

Last edited:
@JakobRodgers
The analyst also testifies about marks on the floorboards that are consistent with blood pooling and leaching into the joints between the boards.

@JakobRodgers
The analyst, Jonathyn Priest, a retired 30-year police officer, testified that he was unsurprised that some items of house didn't test positive for blood. "Bleach and blood don't get along even a little bit. Bleach is a big DNA killer."

akob Rodgers
@JakobRodgers

·
2m
The analyst, retired police officer Jonathyn Priest, said that a person being beaten to death may have been conscious beyond first blow -- enough to say "please, stop." Those were #KelseyBerreth's last words, according to previous testimony.
@csgazette
#PatrickFrazee
I bet this was the witness that they were arguing about yesterday. It kind of rides the line of speculation and I’m sure The defense didn’t want anyone confirming the please stop testimony or even bringing it back up at all.

*( So heartbreaking, so horrible that PF,etal let it get this far. As soon as I heard PF's plan to use a bat, I knew it wouldn't be as simple his pea brain thunk it would be. Praying for the right verdict,and for DA to go get etal,and KK being the tool to do so
MOO

Right? I've said it before but I'll say it again, I don't think people realize how difficult it is to kill people. The Arias case pointed that up to me...she thought i'd be as easy as slicing those tires. NOPE. This just breaks my heart. The dents on the floor, the blood everywhere. Oh, Kelsey, I am so sorry.

Nathan Van Dyne
@NathanVanDyne

·
1m
Brutal testimony from #KelseyBerreth death.
Quote Tweet
qDdbY0RO_normal.jpg

The Gazette
@csgazette
· 2m
#PatrickFrazee Trial: Blood spatter 'absolutely' fits baseball bat murder https://gazette.com/news/patrick-f

NOV 15, 2019
Florissant rancher Patrick Frazee could have swung a baseball bat 15 times or more as he allegedly murdered his fiancee Kelsey Berreth, a witness told jurors today.

A bloodstain pattern analyst testified that blood left in Berreth's Woodland Park townhouse is consistent with the account of a grisly attack described on the stand earlier this month by Frazee's mistress.

[...]
What a way to end their case IMO. Another bombshell/smoking gun/etc. Honestly, short of the luminol showing an outline of her petite body - what else could they need to convict?

NOV 15, 2019

[...]

DA May just dropped the H-bomb.

He started strong.

He's finishing stronger.

Aw, TY. So glad to be here today. I've missed everyone here as well. :)

I'm not really surprised. This is as close to a slam dunk as I've ever seen. This prosecuting team has been masterful. MOO

Welcome back Pommy.

Im not too worried either after we saw the poll results we took. That informal poll really helped assure me that we all saw things the same way and I am pretty sure the jury is going to come to the same conclusion that we all did after everything we heard.

There is not much alternative in what could have happened and the Defense has not brought forth any reasonable possibilities. So everything is pointing to him being guilty as charged. Im sure the jury will see it the same way.

The only thing that I think could derail the case at this point is if there is a rogue juror or two that somehow managed to not be weeded out by the attorney's questions at the beginning. Like the rogue juror we had in one of the sentencing phases I believe for the Jodi Arias cases. Remember the person where it turned out she had a significant other that was previously prosecuted by Juan Martinez so she came onto the jury with old baggage against Juan and IMO I think that was one of the reasons she was a holdout during one of the sentencing phases.

Last edited:
Vincente Arenas
Frazee murder trial update: dramatic testimony this morning. Blood spatter expert says #KelseyBerreth could have been hit by a baseball bat as many as 15 times. Kelsey‘s father and assistant district attorney break down and cry..
@KDVR
@channel2kwgn
Oh. my. heart.

this is unspeakable evil

Well done, DA May. I wondered what he was reserving for his final shot. In the end, this trial is first and foremost not about KK or PF or plots or cellphones or burn piles or hay bales - it is about the brutal murder of KB in her own home on Thanksgiving Day. We've come full circle and re-focused on what this trial has been all about: what took place that day in that condo.

No wonder the defense wanted to keep this evidence from the jury. No matter what the defense does now, the images from this testimony will be locked into the jurors' minds. If the defense tries to attack and discredit the witness, they're just keeping the horrific images in the forefront of the jurors' minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazasmurf