CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood spatter is amazing. I work for an animal e.r. and the copshop is right down the street in Boulder. Their blood spatter instructor comes and picks up our expired animal blood and she uses it in her class. She's talked to us a tiny bit about the direction of the drops and whatnot. It's fascinating!

You are in Boulder? I am up the street in Estes. Small world...;)

Jakob Rodgers
@JakobRodgers

·
16s
A wall in #KelseyBerreth's living room, opposite the front door, was described as having had a large amount of blood down low, and then more scattered splatter higher up.
@csgazette
#PatrickFrazee

Elise Schmelzer
@EliseSchmelzer

·
32s
Pretty gruesome testimony. He said the tiny size of the blood stains found in #KelseyBerreth’s condo likely mean blood was spattered or flung across the room at high speed/force. Said staining between floorboards consistent with a pool of blood seeping through.

All good, just curious myself. From my understanding, jmo, this was an expert in a strategic communications role, the FBI requested his help here, who was brought in on the case for the purpose of constructing a digital timeline and created a document. So is this more like his "report" rather than a synopsis? Can that be entered as evidence?

As an aside, Sam said the purpose of creating this was actually for LE so they could go to ONE document and find what they needed instead of sifting through multiple documents looking for a time.

It's about 1:12:00-ish of the video:

My apologies to you! Thank you for pointing that out. I think that would make all the difference in the world.

Moo

That this was not a publication for the jury, but this was a publication internally for law enforcement and could come into evidence perhaps? Thank you so much for the clarification and great that you had that information!

I take back what I said.

Dan May and this group of individuals with law enforcement are excellent! The one downfall I hope the hole-in you filled the hole. Thank you so much.

@gitana1

Last edited:
Vincente Arenas
Frazee murder trial update: dramatic testimony this morning. Blood spatter expert says #KelseyBerreth could have been hit by a baseball bat as many as 15 times. Kelsey‘s father and assistant district attorney break down and cry..
@KDVR
@channel2kwgn
Oh my! This is so sad to hear. He continued to beat her even after she was deceased.:(

True.

But make no mistake, Steigerwald and Porter are also hoping that CB doesn't attend closing arguments.

They don't want CB's to be the face that jurors are left with in their minds' eyes as they go back to deliberate.

It's completely understandable if CB chooses not to be there.
It's awful enough that she had to testify, and point out the evil monster who murdered her daughter in court.

I do think it will do yet more damage to to the defense having KB's mom in that courtroom during closing arguments, though.

It will be interesting to hear whether or not she's there at the end.
I predict she'll be there.

JMO.
all excellent points from the trial perspective - mine was from a personal viewpoint. it will be interesting for sure.
IMO

All good, just curious myself. From my understanding, jmo, this was an expert in a strategic communications role, the FBI requested his help here, who was brought in on the case for the purpose of constructing a digital timeline and created a document. So is this more like his "report" rather than a synopsis? Can that be entered as evidence?

As an aside, Sam said the purpose of creating this was actually for LE so they could go to ONE document and find what they needed instead of sifting through multiple documents looking for a time.

It's about 1:12:00-ish of the video:

Thanks for posting this video. I scroll through and try to keep up with most of the case. But I miss stuff because of work, family, etc. Thanks to all for keeping me informed (-:

Vincente Arenas
Frazee murder trial update: dramatic testimony this morning. Blood spatter expert says #KelseyBerreth could have been hit by a baseball bat as many as 15 times. Kelsey‘s father and assistant district attorney break down and cry..
@KDVR
@channel2kwgn

Oh my gosh! That monster. If this dbag doesn't end up in prison for life....ummmm.....

Jakob Rodgers
@JakobRodgers

·
17s
The analyst also testifies about marks on the floorboards that are consistent with blood pooling and leaching into the joints between the boards.
@csgazette
#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV

·
34s
DA Dan May had Priest examine a specific piece of the floorboard. Priest says it had two significant round indentations in it, which he says would be consistent with a wooden baseball bat striking the ground.
@KOAA
#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

My apologies to you! Thank you for pointing that out. I think that would make all the difference in the world.

Moo

That this was not a publication for the jury, but this was a publication internally for law enforcement and could come into evidence perhaps? Thank you so much for the clarification and great that you had that information!

I take back what I said.

Dan May and this group of individuals with law enforcement or excellent! The one downfall I hope the hole-in you filled the hole. Thank you so much.

@gitana1
No apologies needed. These are great questions! It has been making me think too.

Vincent Arenas
@KDVR
@channel2kwgn
*( So heartbreaking, so horrible that PF,etal let it get this far. As soon as I heard PF's plan to use a bat, I knew it wouldn't be as simple his pea brain thunk it would be. Praying for the right verdict,and for DA to go get etal,and KK being the tool to do so
MOO

Vincente Arenas
@KDVR
@channel2kwgn
this makes me think of that TX DA who "stabbed" the mattress over and over again in the murder trial of a woman accused of killing her husband - she's the famous one - can't think of her name now - will edit - but in closing what if they swing a bat 15 times?????

ETA:Texas woman who stabbed husband to death gets second chance at sentencing - CNN.com
Kelli Siegler re-enacted it in court. ugh.

Oh my! This is so sad to hear. He continued to beat her even after she was deceased.:(

The fact that she was hit by a baseball bat as many as 15 times doesn't necessarily mean that he beat her after she was dead.

I think it's actually much, much worse than that.

I think KB was alive for most, if not all, of those blows to her body.

He's Evil Incarnate.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads