CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
But after 2 or 3 blows to the head it would be obvious that 15 were not needed.

Maybe many of them were to a different part of her body. He was determined to inflict maximum damage... not quickly.

Once at our HS baseball game a batgirl (picks up bats after batter hits) was hit in the mouth by the on-deck hitter (next hitter in order) standing off to the side. Knocked like 4 or 5 of her front teeth. It was accidental, not at maximum strength, and devastating all at once. Think what a grown man could do to a head using maximum strength... horrible.

You’d be surprised. Sometimes a person can die just hitting their head with a minor fall. Sometimes they can be beaten repeatedly in the head with major force and it takes a while. It depends on angle, etc.

Someone posted an example here of a woman who survived after being beaten with a bat or hammer (I can’t recall) and suffering her head being crushed, jaw bashed in, disfiguring injuries, eye socket broken and displaced, etc.

She was beaten repeatedly.

By the mention of blood everywhere I have always suspected Kelsey was trying to get away as he beat her to death.

But I also thought the state expert in the Jodi Arias trial got it wrong. I think she shot him in the head in the shower with a 22 and it didn’t kill him. So he staggered out and she began stabbing him. Still didn’t kill him so he crawled down the hallway and she slit his throat.

People who hunt know a 22 to the head doesn’t always kill a deer that quickly or even at all sometimes.

Neither do blows with heavy objects. Often but not always.

I think Kelsey struggled to get away and kept trying to crawl as he beat her like a rat he was trying to kill. Based on comments he made to KK even he seemed surprised it was as hard to kill her that way as it was.

Her comment “Please stop” is similar to other comments I’ve heard that people suddenly attacked and dying make. “Oh, oh, oh.” “Why?” “No!” “Hey! Hey!” “What are you doing?” “Don’t” “Help me.” “Call 911” “I love you.”

I think the first blow hurt badly and gave her a serious head injury but it took a while to kill her and she tried to save herself.

It’s appalling.

I'm wondering with the family dynamic, who all would go??
JMO

I'm thinking it's a safe bet that SF2 won't be invited to Thanksgiving dinner at the franch.

And if I were him, if he IS invited, I wouldn't drink the coffee.

Something tells me the Borgias ain't got nothin' on this family.

Just saying.

Last edited:
It sounds to me like the DA won that battle if this was the witness that defense protested. It speaks to explain the crime scene and answers the very questions we were asking i.e., wide blood splatter on vaulted ceiling and wall where KK couldn't reach. Brutal testimony because the defendant's actions were brutal.

MOO

I wonder if the defense is going to have any questions for this witness.

Jo Ann Says
@JoAnnRue

·
24s
So sad and disappointing that someone could do this to a human being. And not just any human being the mother of their child. And on Thanksgiving. And then another someone comes to clean it up. This is horrendous. Really despicable psychopath #kelseyberreth got involved with.

Also, some individuals knew beforehand that he was looking to end her life, but they never let her or LE know. May they hear what this monster did knowing that they could have done something. I am just sick over that. SMH

Matt Kroschel
@Matt_Kroschel

·
37s
1f633.svg

#kelseyberreth
Quote Tweet
Rick_Sallinger_Twitter_normal.jpg

Rick Sallinger
@ricksallinger
· 5m
Patrick Frazee solicited fellow prisoner <modsnip> to have key prosecution witness murdered.<modsnip> testifies with letters from Frazee.

Last edited by a moderator:
To say the least! Frazee was the benificiary on KB's life insurance.
That's a surprise to me. My son has a substantial life insurance policy through his work and has a baby and they live with him, but he cannot list anyone who is not a relative and since they aren't married he listed me and will change it when they get married.
Moo

Is there any chance this testimony could be deemed "too prejudicial"? I'm sure they discussed this with the Judge and it was allowed but OMG - it is pretty horrific IMO. and the physical evidence of the indentations in the flooring matching a bat....

No. It’s has to be more prejudicial than probative (evidentiary value proving something).

Just because it’s gruesome and badly hurts the defendant’s case doesn’t mean it can’t be used.

He is probably relishing it in his mind. He's a sick *advertiser censored*
And this is what is so very disturbing. He's sitting there enjoying watching her poor, poor father having to listen to this. He's beyond sick. He is utterly inhuman. There are not words in the English language to describe him. Sick to the nth degree.

I don’t remember what trial it was, but that did happen. The jury made a decision right away and decided to stay in jury room for three hours finally letting the Judge know they were ready. The jurors did not want anyone yo think they did not care but the evidence was overwhelming for a guilty verdict.

Does anyone remember the trial?
I do remember MsJosie, but can't remember which one also!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx