CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22 was Thanksgiving. If she had to shop on Thanksgiving Day, she might not have had much choice about the time of day. I don't know about her area, but where I live many grocery stores were only open in the morning and closed early afternoon so their employees could go be with their families. Also, she might have needed ingredients to bake the cinnamon rolls. Perhaps she wanted to bake those to take somewhere later in the day? JMO.
Yes, very true, but if she was going to do a runner, why would she bother to make cinnamon rolls?

Thanks, good explanation. Kelsey was not officially missing at this point, so this wasn't a phone company ping to her phone.

So between Colorado and Idaho there were no cell tower hits, nothing on the highways, nothing at airports. But then one cell tower ping in Idaho. Then forever silence. The chances of this occurring "naturally" are very small. The chances of someone trying to sell a story- bigger IMO.
Exactly. It definitely sounds intentional, and ominous.

Yes, very true, but if she was going to do a runner, why would she bother to make cinnamon rolls?

No idea. I still don't understand why Michelle Roode Boyd packed a suitcase and then left it in her car along with her wallet/ID when she ran away (although her family claimed she had some paranoia issues). Maybe the cinnamon rolls didn't turn out? Or maybe whomever she was baking them for canceled plans and she was upset at that? I don't think Kelsey likely ran away, but stranger things have happened right before people decide to disappear on their own. I'm not arguing she left on her own because things look really fishy here. But trying to keep an open mind for now. What if Kelsey baked the cinnamon rolls and went somewhere within walking distance while they cooled? Have police talked to neighbors?
Have they revealed anything about the scene at her house?
Have they brought in dogs yet to try to pick up a scent?

Thanks, good explanation. Kelsey was not officially missing at this point, so this wasn't a phone company ping to her phone.

So between Colorado and Idaho there were no cell tower hits, nothing on the highways, nothing at airports. But then one cell tower ping in Idaho. Then forever silence. The chances of this occurring "naturally" are very small. The chances of someone trying to sell a story- bigger IMO.
I don't know if law enforcement has been able to obtain information for other pings in other locations. We have only been told about the one. I doubt they would tell us about other pings if they had them, though I wish they would.

No idea. I still don't understand why Michelle Roode Boyd packed a suitcase and then left it in her car along with her wallet/ID when she ran away (although her family claimed she had some paranoia issues). Maybe the cinnamon rolls didn't turn out? Or maybe whomever she was baking them for canceled plans and she was upset at that? I don't think Kelsey likely ran away, but stranger things have happened right before people decide to disappear on their own. I'm not arguing she left on her own because things look really fishy here. But trying to keep an open mind for now. What if Kelsey baked the cinnamon rolls and went somewhere within walking distance while they cooled? Have police talked to neighbors?
I hope that law enforcement got into Kelsey's home before Kelsey's brother did otherwise that whole location could be considered compromised.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
With that press conference today, local and national media are going to be all over everyone connected to this case.

I fully anticipate that they will reach out to him, as he is the fiancé of a missing woman.

There’s lots of questions to be answered, and law enforcement is seemingly receptive to the media asking him these questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM. Yes those things happen, but far more often the missing woman has been murdered. Bringing up isolated cases where women go missing of their own volition, kind of means to me, that women cannot be trusted.

BBM. Yes those things happen, but far more often the missing woman has been murdered. Bringing up isolated cases where women go missing of their own volition, kind of means to me, that women cannot be trusted.

It may seem like that, but I assure you it has nothing to do with her being a woman, just that Michele's case seemed very similar to me. Men also do odd things sometimes right before disappearing. There was a case in Utah last year of a husband who missed a doctors appointment. His expensive car was found abandoned with alcohol and some other items that didn't seem to belong to him in it. His family insisted he never touched alcohol (religious reasons and they said it with the same forcefulness that Kelsey's mom insisted she and her fiance have never liver together). I thought that young man had probably been carjacked and come to some harm. Nope, again I was wrong. He had committed suicide. I'm not saying I think that is the case here. It seems unlikely. I'm just saying when things are odd it doesn't always mean foul play. I'm going to keep an open mind about what happened. For now anyway. JMO.

I don't know if law enforcement has been able to obtain information for other pings in other locations. We have only been told about the one. I doubt they would tell us about other pings if they had them, though I wish they would.
Cell phones can provide good clues, but there are a lot of variables. I found this article from several years ago, for example. I expect that the technology has improved, but I am certainly no expert. In the case described in the link below, there was an anomaly with the AT&T system where if a call went to voice mail, the tower reading reflected the location of the phone placing the call, not the location of the phone receiving the call.
Pinging Cell Phone Location and Understanding Cell Tower Information

It is against TOS to accuse / insinuate the involvement of someone who has not been named a POI or suspect. That includes referencing another case to suggest what has happened here. I just did a ton of cleanup, surely missed some things, and debated closing the thread for the night. If you want to point out something from an article or a press conference that is "interesting", go for it. If LE names a POI or suspect then go to town. Until then dial it back please.

I think you may be right. There could be other pings unless he just took out a battery and SIM card until he got there. I'm thinking it had the battery and SIM card out until the texter decided to send the texts and then it pinged there to look like she was on her way to Grandmother's house.

There are some interesting comments on the Woodland Park Police Dept. FB under the press release about Kelsey.

Specifically, one by someone with initials BWJ, and directly beneath it, someone with initials PC.

Here's the link: Woodland Park Police Department

Ok, I have reviewed the police department’s FB site, but cannot find the specific press release post you are referring to. Help and thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel