Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing Kelsie Schelling: Family's Search With Psychic Comes to Nightline

http://www.westword.com/news/missin...earch-with-psychic-comes-to-nightline-8578848

Tonight, Nightline, is expected to spotlight the heartbreaking circumstances again, but with an unexpected twist. The segment will concentrate on the ongoing inquiry being conducted by Westminster-based Troy Griffin, who describes himself as a psychic detective.

So LE are still dragging their feet in this case, this should've been one of the easier cases to solve it's so obvious DL did it come on, how do LE sleep at night knowing how they messed up the investigation of this case.
New podcast about Kelsie - The Vanished Podcast[FONT=&amp]e Vanished Podcast
[/FONT]
http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2016/12/30/episode-58-kelsie-schelling

So LE are still dragging their feet in this case, this should've been one of the easier cases to solve it's so obvious DL did it come on, how do LE sleep at night knowing how they messed up the investigation of this case.
New podcast about Kelsie - The Vanished Podcast[FONT=&]e Vanished Podcast
[/FONT]
http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2016/12/30/episode-58-kelsie-schelling

I'm about 30 minutes in, Laura brings up that they never compared the person picking up the car in the morning from Walmart to the surroundings to figure out how tall the person was and that Donte was 6'8" which I did not know.

She also says they have not found a link between his family and Pueblo PD. Didn't someone here find that link?

We don't have a thread for this murder so I don't know where to put this article except it reminded me of unprocessed evidence here. How does a detective take evidence home? I don't understand why the buyer didn't try to return it back to the police station. Instead he met with 2 cops who cut the lock after they left; taking whatever evidence was in there; after that the buyer returned the rest of the evidence he had taken home to study to police

Contents sold at auction after deputy failed to pay bill Evidence in Hiltz case found in storage unit

Candace Hiltz was 17 when she was found slain Aug. 15, 2006, in the family home in the Copper Gulch area 25 miles southwest of Canon City. She was the victim of multiple gunshot wounds.

Her brother, James Hiltz, then 29, was listed as a person of interest and was the subject of a three-day manhunt. When he was arrested, he was not charged with his sister’s murder but instead was charged with unrelated burglary counts in connection with a Copper Gulch home break-in.

After several mental health evaluations and court proceedings, Hiltz was found not guilty by reason of insanity in connection with the burglary charges and committed to the Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo in 2008.

On Dec. 17, Rick Ratzlaff of Canon City bought the contents of two storage units here that came up for auction after their owners failed to pay the rental fees.

“It was snowing, so I let this one sit on the back burner,” Ratzlaff said of storage unit No. 47.

“When I opened it, I knew it was a sheriff’s officer’s because there were uniforms and sirens and lights off of cop cars,” Ratzlaff explained.

What he hadn’t bargained for were the evidence envelopes he found when he started going through the boxes.

“There were manila envelopes that had evidence across them in big black letters and a stamp for a case number, but there was no case number. The big one had a bloody rope; the smaller manila envelope had two female blood-soaked socks; and the medium one had a weapon fall out the bottom of it. It was a chrome ax that also had blood on it,” Ratzlaff said.

Dodd is a lieutenant/detective at the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office. Dodd had rented the storage locker in 2015 but failed to pay the lease fee, Ratzlaff said he was told by the storage unit business owner.

Ratzlaff said he took some of the evidence home to study it, but left much of it in the storage unit.

We don't have a thread for this murder so I don't know where to put this article except it reminded me of unprocessed evidence here. How does a detective take evidence home? I don't understand why the buyer didn't try to return it back to the police station. Instead he met with 2 cops who cut the lock after they left; taking whatever evidence was in there; after that the buyer returned the rest of the evidence he had taken home to study to police

Contents sold at auction after deputy failed to pay bill Evidence in Hiltz case found in storage unit

Link to the Pueblo Chieftain posting the article I did. Kelsie's mom is posting in it. Someone said they discovered bones and a small book about a year ago at Lake Minnequa that disappeared. They knew about Kelsey, called LE to come look at what they found but they never showed, it got dark so the people left. At some point LE called, they met up where the bones and book were left, everything was gone. They do not know if LE took them or if someone was watching them. They had taken photos but do not think they have the phone any more.

The Pueblo Chieftain FB Page - posted January 14 at 1:09am · Clicking the date brings you directly to the post

Evidence that appears to be connected to a 2006 unsolved homicide was recovered by a local man from a storage unit that once belonged to a sheriff’s detective.

Contents sold at auction after deputy failed to pay bill

I made a thread CO - Candace Hiltz, 17, Fremont County, 15 Aug 2006

Once again a complete lack of effort by local PD. So sickening
83b4870142a85e5a4e70029532b408df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justice for Susan Winters.

Looks like Kelsie was on Crime Watch Daily recently, it's in 3 videos on the page below. Have to say I'm shocked to see Pueblo PD Captain Eric Bravo believes Donthe killed her. He said Kelsie is constantly on his mind, looks like he's waiting for the day he can arrest him.

Kelsie Schelling disappears after ultrasound visit, fight with boyfriend - 02/07/2017 12:13 pm PST Ana Garcia

"We know he's the last person that was with her, last person to see her alive, the last person to talk to her," said Pueblo Police Capt. Eric Bravo. "I believe he did kill Kelsie."

What Kelsie's parents say cops found inside the car at the hospital is bizarre: Peanuts were littered all over the seat; Kelsie's beloved tie-dyed teddy bear was gone, as were her rosary beads.

Despite what appears to be a mountain of circumstantial evidence, cops have never arrested Donthe in connection with her disappearance.

The seemingly slow wheels of justice in this case have sparked angry protests in Pueblo, Colorado, with marchers carrying signs and demanding cops arrest Donthe.

But Captain Eric Bravo says justice delayed doesn't necessarily mean justice denied.

"The case is very complex. At this point we haven't located Kelsie's body, that's a major hurdle. It's a puzzle to put together," said Bravo. "All those pieces need to come together to form a picture to explain what happened, and we need to be able to put that case together to get a conviction in court."

"At this point he knows he's a person of interest," said Bravo. "We may have only one more shot at him, and we won't bring him in until we have enough to arrest him."

Looks like Kelsie was on Crime Watch Daily recently, it's in 3 videos on the page below. Have to say I'm shocked to see Pueblo PD Captain Eric Bravo believes Donthe killed her. He said Kelsie is constantly on his mind, looks like he's waiting for the day he can arrest him.

Kelsie Schelling disappears after ultrasound visit, fight with boyfriend - 02/07/2017 12:13 pm PST Ana Garcia

It belatedly at least convinced me that LE have got this, they mess up at first but hopefully one day they'll make Donthe and his mum pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the peanuts on the seat was to throw off any scent possibly...

I wonder if the peanuts on the seat was to throw off any scent possibly...

I also wondered that.

This is a very strange case -- so many conflicting reports on the personalities involved, and on their relationship, botched (at best) investigation by LE -- kudos to her family for pushing things forward.

I made the mistake of googling this case -- it seems to have become an idee fixe of some particularly vicious white supremacists. Yet another assault on this poor girl's memory for family and friends.

I also wondered that.

This is a very strange case -- so many conflicting reports on the personalities involved, and on their relationship, botched (at best) investigation by LE -- kudos to her family for pushing things forward.

I made the mistake of googling this case -- it seems to have become an idee fixe of some particularly vicious white supremacists. Yet another assault on this poor girl's memory for family and friends.

You're not kidding. So many have something to say about her carrying a mixed child.

I don't understand why her BF flipped out the way he did about her being pregnant. She was only 8 weeks along, she very well could have lost the pregnancy in the next coming weeks.

Cannot believe the boyfriend and his mother were not charged, guilty as hell. Circumstantial case, but enough there.

After the murders in Fountain, something good needs to happen in Colorado!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08