CO CO - Kelsie Schelling, 21, pregnant, Pueblo, 4 Feb 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen it anywhere ... how long had they been gf and bf? With him having graduated in 2012 from NJC, in NE Colorado, very likely this was a fairly new relationship. IMHO

Nope.

Her boyfriends name has finally been released in MSM so I can talk about him now. I have had his info pulled up for days but couldn't say anything I knew. Anyway, article is too short to quote.

Her boyfriend, Donthe Lucas, was arrested ton the 17th for suspicion of identity theft and was just bonded out. He lives less than a mile away from the WalMart where she was last spotted. http://www.chieftain.com/news/local...cle_f736f9be-7a51-11e2-aec7-001a4bcf887a.html

His fb page https://www.facebook.com/donthe.lucas

What strikes me as strange is Donthe doesn't have Kelsie listed as a friend on Facebook. I checked this over a week and a half ago well before his name was released in MSM. They are both frequent FB users with lots of friends, it just leaves me wondering why, at this young age, they are not friends on the site and he hasn't posted anything on the Help Find Keslie page either from what I can see. It would be interesting to see what date and time he deleted her or vice versa.

I also feel there wasn't a lot of noise from the family and PD within the first 5 days of her missing, I think they may have thought it was a domestic related argument and she was taking time out. Maybe something similiar has happened in the past but it's been resolved. She's at an age where she would naturally be decreasing the amount of time she was checking in with family so I could see why they would perhaps wait it out a few days. However, now it's looking a lot more grave. Unfortunately, the first day or two would have been the most vital for clues and perhaps it wasn't taken seriously enough in the very beginning. I haven't seen any active searches yet and it's been 3 weeks.

She was last seen in Pueblo and her car was abandonded there. Has anyone travelled to Pueblo to look for her?

anyone else think his arrest has been "sealed" so they can investigate this further without giving away clues? or am I am left field?

What are you trying to imply? He has not been even labeled a Suspect or POI yet.

It was just an insight into his personality. If anything, it says that he has matured and got a better handle on his emotions. Believe me, I don't want him to be involved. He has a lot going for him and I'd hate to see that wasted.

Where did you see this, that he played for NJC.... NJC is located in the NE corner of Colorado.... Do you have a link?

There are a ton of links, Portabella. He's quite the basketball player and played for the Plainsmen. Here's one link.
http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_college_roster.cfm?sid=4&collegeid=1655&category=Roster&slid=2

Kelsie is from NE Colorado, so it's possible they've been together for a few years, since he went to NJC. But I have no idea.
PS When googling him, use the quotation marks, or you'll pull up all kinds of links for "Do The Right Thing" lol

What strikes me as strange is Donthe doesn't have Kelsie listed as a friend on Facebook. I checked this over a week and a half ago well before his name was released in MSM. They are both frequent FB users with lots of friends, it just leaves me wondering why, at this young age, they are not friends on the site and he hasn't posted anything on the Help Find Keslie page either from what I can see. It would be interesting to see what date and time he deleted her or vice versa.

I also feel there wasn't a lot of noise from the family and PD within the first 5 days of her missing, I think they may have thought it was a domestic related argument and she was taking time out. Maybe something similiar has happened in the past but it's been resolved. She's at an age where she would naturally be decreasing the amount of time she was checking in with family so I could see why they would perhaps wait it out a few days. However, now it's looking a lot more grave. Unfortunately, the first day or two would have been the most vital for clues and perhaps it wasn't taken seriously enough in the very beginning. I haven't seen any active searches yet and it's been 3 weeks.

She was last seen in Pueblo and her car was abandonded there. Has anyone travelled to Pueblo to look for her?

I know a lot of people who when they fight, block/delete their significant other. I'd imagine this is what's happened. I did notice his sister left a comment on the "Help Find Kelsie" page.
Oy, as far as searches. I don't know where they would even start. Talk about the needle in the haystack! Pueblo is a city of 100,000 surrounded by farmland and desert, with a large reservoir, Arkansas River, and mountains to the west. While it would be helpful to know where her car was found, there was a huge head start-possibly 6 days-so she could be literally almost anywhere. This just breaks my heart. Whatever has happened is tragic for both families.

I think once they get the info the car back,it will give us a basic place to start.

And is the reason why the affidavit is sealed is because they don't want people to question or accuse the BF of doing anything?

Just an example, But in the Hannah Hill case, She had an abusive boyfriend who would get physical with her, he was involved with drugs etc.

He ended up not being the person who killed her. (It was a mutual friend).

Unless I missed it, no one has been named a suspect or POI in this case. Therefore, we should not be sleuthing the boyfriend or anyone else beyond Kelsie.

Thanks for understanding.
~Summer_Breeze

Article featuring Kelsie as well as Kara Nichols and Raven Cassidy Furlong:

Model Mayhem has allegedly been linked to the disappearances of at least 13 women, according to Michelle Bart, president of the National Women's Coalition Against Violence & Exploitation, which is now representing Raven and Kara's families.

"We feel there's an epidemic of young women being preyed upon on this site and it needs to be seriously investigated," says Bart, who points out the Better Business Bureau rated the site an F.

<snipped>

Source: Models Raven Cassidy Furlong, Kara Nichols, and Kelsie Schelling Linked?

FMvgUe1.jpg

From the Find Kelsie fb page
Our Kelsie has now been missing for 24 days. As beautiful of a person as Kelsie is inside and out, she is not an aspiring model. She was studying psychology and has aspirations to run a business. It is our belief that Kelsie's disappearance is not linked to a site that she logged onto once in 2006. We wish for nothing more than a safe return for Kelsie and all missing persons. We believe that Kelsie is still in Pueblo and we will continue to search for her there. The family thanks everyone for their concern, support and prayers and asks that Detective Neal Robinson be contacted at 719-553-2470 with any information at all.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindKelsie?fref=ts

Bumping for Kelsie. It's been one month now. I haven't heard anything since I last posted and the admins of the HelpFindKelsie page seem to be only updating every 5 days or so, never with any different information & no one is submitting any theories or tips. Just praying. I can't find anything new or helpful in MSM.

I hope everyday when I log one that she will be in the located forum.

This is the strangest case...so little word, seemingly no activity. I wonder what is believed to have happened to her.

At first I thought maybe the family liked the publicity from being associated with the other two girls, but they quickly shot it down in the above mentioned post. I think they have a lot of integrity to not use that sensational journalism to further Kelsie's cause. They could have, since it seems the media just ran with the story without even checking their facts. I can only think of one reason why this case isn't being well publicized. And I don't even want to go there, but it is what it is. This beautiful young lady has touched my heart and I hope she's found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper