CO CO - Kelsie Schelling, 21, pregnant, Pueblo, 4 Feb 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how frustrated her family must be, I know I am and I am not even related!

At first I thought maybe the family liked the publicity from being associated with the other two girls, but they quickly shot it down in the above mentioned post. I think they have a lot of integrity to not use that sensational journalism to further Kelsie's cause. They could have, since it seems the media just ran with the story without even checking their facts. I can only think of one reason why this case isn't being well publicized. And I don't even want to go there, but it is what it is. This beautiful young lady has touched my heart and I hope she's found soon.

I feel like the media thinks the model angle makes the public interested, but I don't think it does. When I read the comments about these cases, many of them mention how the girls are not models, and are really prostitutes. I feel like if Kelsie was portrayed like the normal 21-year-old she was, and the media said how she was studying psychology, and they showed the pictures of her that are on the FB page, and didn't mention Model Mayhem, there would be more interest in her story.

I feel like the media thinks the model angle makes the public interested, but I don't think it does. When I read the comments about these cases, many of them mention how the girls are not models, and are really prostitutes. I feel like if Kelsie was portrayed like the normal 21-year-old she was, and the media said how she was studying psychology, and they showed the pictures of her that are on the FB page, and didn't mention Model Mayhem, there would be more interest in her story.

I agree with you!

I agree. In the Kara Nichols case, MSM was all over it until it was revealed she had done some prostituting, then they dropped the case like a hot rock. As long as the media thought she was this 19 year old girl who went missing and not into Mayhem Modeling, they were concerned. I've seen it several times. I hope they follow through with Kelsie's case as wll as all the other missing girls regardless to their lifestyle. They still need to be found. IMO.

I agree. In the Kara Nichols case, MSM was all over it until it was revealed she had done some prostituting, then they dropped the case like a hot rock. As long as the media thought she was this 19 year old girl who went missing and not into Mayhem Modeling, they were concerned. I've seen it several times. I hope they follow through with Kelsie's case as wll as all the other missing girls regardless to their lifestyle. They still need to be found. IMO.

I'm pretty sure the earliest reports about Kara's case mentioned how she used Model Mayhem. I checked---It took two months before her case even hit the media. The earliest articles all mentioned how she was into modeling. I don't think she was ever portrayed as just an ordinary 19-year-old woman. There was, of course, a bit more interest when they thought she was a lingerie model than when it came out that she was involved in prostitution.

Here's an early article that mentions the modeling: http://www.krdo.com/news/El-Paso-Co...teen/-/417220/17231016/-/ykpsgwz/-/index.html

This is one of the first articles about her case: http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Woman-Missing-Since-Early-October-176847821.html#disqus_thread

If you read the comments, it's easy to see why cases involving "modeling" don't get much interest. People were already being dismissive and nasty, and they just heard about a girl who is missing, and whose life is in danger. -_-

As far as I know, Kelsie did not have a Model Mayhem page but an Explore Talent page.

I'm pretty sure the earliest reports about Kara's case mentioned how she used Model Mayhem. I checked---It took two months before her case even hit the media. The earliest articles all mentioned how she was into modeling. I don't think she was ever portrayed as just an ordinary 19-year-old woman. There was, of course, a bit more interest when they thought she was a lingerie model than when it came out that she was involved in prostitution.

Here's an early article that mentions the modeling: http://www.krdo.com/news/El-Paso-Co...teen/-/417220/17231016/-/ykpsgwz/-/index.html

This is one of the first articles about her case: http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Woman-Missing-Since-Early-October-176847821.html#disqus_thread

If you read the comments, it's easy to see why cases involving "modeling" don't get much interest. People were already being dismissive and nasty, and they just heard about a girl who is missing, and whose life is in danger. -_-

I was actually agreeing with you.

On Friday March 15
th
at 1:30 PM, in the Pueblo Police Department Community Room, there will be
a press conference held regarding 22 year old missing person Kelsie Schelling.
Detectives working the case will give an update of the investigation
and t
he family of Kelsie
Schelling will be present to make statements
On the evening of February 4
th
, Kelsie S
chelling
came to Pueblo in her 2011 black in color
Chevrolet Cruz to meet an acquaintance at Wal-Mart, 4080 W. Northern Ave.
According to cell
phone records, Schelling did make it to Pueblo.
Upon reviewing the video surveillance from Wal-Mart, it showed Schelling’s vehicle was parked on
the south end of the parking lot in front of the General merchandise section on February 5
th
around
12:05 PM and left there overnight until February 6th around 7:20 AM when an unidentified male
picks the car up and drives off.
On February
th
Schelling’s black in color Chevrolet Cruz was located at St
Mary Co
rwin
Hospital
S
urveillance video
showed her vehicle was
parked
in the parking lot
around
:30 AM on
February 7
th
Schelling’s cell phone records show she was in the Pueblo area until her cell phone battery lost
power on February 7
th
http://www.pueblo.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?aid=638&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

I'm just sick. I don't know why this wasn't released before now!!! SMH

Wow.. that's a lot to have sat on.. sure hope they had a good reason for it. If they know it was a male, maybe they have a still from CCTV they can reveal tomorrow.

Right, Wolf! I will never understand why this wasn't done a month ago!

This doesn't make sense. From all previous reports the only person she knew in Pueblo was her boyfriend hence why she was there in the first place! What is the strategy behind releasing this information 6 weeks later? I have a feeling LE believe she's no longer alive at this point in time and are wanting witnesses to now come forward :( Her family would have probably been informed of this information long ago and I think they would have been very very active in their search campaign if they knew she was still alive out there in the last month.

Police said according to cell phone records, Schelling did make it to Pueblo.

Video surveillance from Walmart shows Schelling’s vehicle parked in front of the store on Feb. 5 around 12:05 p.m. The car was left there overnight.

Police said the video showed an unidentified man getting into the car on Feb. 6 at 7:20 a.m. and driving off.

The car was found on Feb. 14 at St. Mary Corwin Hospital. Surveillance video showed that the vehicle was parked there about 24 hours after it was picked up at Walmart.
Boyfriend arrested the NEXT day on unrelated charges.

Schelling’s cell phone records indicate she was in the Pueblo area until her cell phone battery lost power on Feb. 7, police said.

where the hell was that car for a week? wonder when her last cell ping was if it they know it had power until the 7th? please oh please answer some of these ?

(hospital is less than 5 miles away from Walmart ----??????)
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-kelsie-schellings-car-from-walmart-in-pueblo

How come they have video of someone driving off in it but don't have video of her driving there and getting out of it and showing where she went from there, as in getting into another car or walking away or something???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb