GUILTY CO - Kenia Monge, 19, Denver, 31 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FORT COLLINS - The man linked to a missing Aurora teen has been arrested for attempted murder and arson, among other charges in Fort Collins.

9Wants To Know has learned that Travis Forbes, 31, has been arrested in connection with a suspicious fire and an alleged assault in Fort Collins on July 5.

more at link:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/207627/339/Suspect-in-missing-teen-case-arrested-for-att-murder

Maybe I'm dumb, but I am having trouble understanding this news story. Did they extradite him back to Colorado, then let him out, at which time he raped and tried to kill a girl?

Maybe I'm dumb, but I am having trouble understanding this news story. Did they extradite him back to Colorado, then let him out, at which time he raped and tried to kill a girl?

Yes, the Marshals came to his new residence in Austin, Texas because he had stolen a vehicle (and I think a few other charges). They brought him back to Colorado to face those charges, he spent some time in jail and was released. I'm guessing shortly thereafter is when this all occurred.

He's off his rocker, IMO.

ETA: He was released from jail on July 1, 2011. http://www.kwgn.com/news/kdvr-person-of-interest-in-kenia-monge-disappearance-released-from-jail-20110701,0,5325887.story

He was arrested for the attempted murder and arson on July 5, 2011. http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18461883

Yes, the Marshals came to his new residence in Austin, Texas because he had stolen a vehicle (and I think a few other charges). They brought him back to Colorado to face those charges, he spent some time in jail and was released. I'm guessing shortly thereafter is when this all occurred.

He's off his rocker, IMO.

ETA: He was released from jail on July 1, 2011. http://www.kwgn.com/news/kdvr-person-of-interest-in-kenia-monge-disappearance-released-from-jail-20110701,0,5325887.story

He was arrested for the attempted murder and arson on July 5, 2011. http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18461883

Thanks Surfie! I guess I just can't believe they let him out. I live here in Denver and had no idea he was out! I wish they could find that poor girl.

Thanks Surfie! I guess I just can't believe they let him out. I live here in Denver and had no idea he was out! I wish they could find that poor girl.

LE had to let him out. The friend that filed the auto theft charges changed her story in court, saying she loaned him the van, a la Cindy Anthony. And yes, it appears he needed another fix so he raped and tried to murder LT (victim initials) in Ft Collins. It's not the friend's fault that he's a monster, but I hope it weighs on her that she facilitated his brutal attack on another woman by helping him get out. The victim was raped, severely beaten, choked, and doused in bleach before he light her bedroom on fire in several places, with her in it! Evil!! She's still in critical and her injuries have prevented her from speaking with authorities. Poor thing. Many prayers for her. Thank God she had the strength and will to survive to fling herself from her 2nd story window. LE was still trying to keep an eye on him, according to news reports. Now that he's been arrested, they're doing grid searches at his father's home in Fort Collins.

Read all these articles in last half hour, so BRB with more links.

I can't imagine these two were his first rapes. I bet there are more victims out there...

http://www.9news.com/news/article/207627/339/Suspect-in-missing-teen-case-arrested-for-att-murder

Man this guy is just the scum of the earth !

LE had to let him out. The friend that filed the auto theft charges changed her story in court, saying she loaned him the van, a la Cindy Anthony. And yes, it appears he needed another fix so he raped and tried to murder LT (victim initials) in Ft Collins. It's not the friend's fault that he's a monster, but I hope it weighs on her that she facilitated his brutal attack on another woman by helping him get out. The victim was raped, severely beaten, choked, and doused in bleach before he light her bedroom on fire in several places, with her in it! Evil!! She's still in critical and her injuries have prevented her from speaking with authorities. Poor thing. Many prayers for her. Thank God she had the strength and will to survive to fling herself from her 2nd story window. LE was still trying to keep an eye on him, according to news reports. Now that he's been arrested, they're doing grid searches at his father's home in Fort Collins.

Read all these articles in last half hour, so BRB with more links.

I can't imagine these two were his first rapes. I bet there are more victims out there...

She could have been afraid of him as well and knew what he was capable of.

For him to attack someone that quickly after being released... no "I'll be on my best behavior so they aren't suspicious" downtime... is scary.

Definitely proves he wouldn't be afraid of killing someone. Wow. And a stranger... so this guy is a serial killer in the making if he isn't already one.

She could have been afraid of him as well and knew what he was capable of.

Perhaps but that's not the impression I get from all the articles/news stories on this. She said something like "he's a good friend and I feel bad for him". (I'd snip the quote, but I'm on my phone and typing is hard enough, lol.)

And for me, if I was afraid of him, I'd make sure he stayed in jail!

Local news is about to give new details re: his release, they say, so I'll post any new info.

Saw that he was crying while handcuffed. Good. Maybe they can leverage everything to get him to crack and give up Kenia's location. I pray for comfort and answers for her family.

9News just reported that he was arrested Sunday night driving the victim's (LT's) car! She has a broken back and is in a coma. They're bringing her back slowly. Her cousin said doctors are optimistic that "after a really long time, she'll be back to normal.". LT did not know Travis. They also said he couldn't stop crying once he was taken into custody.

Prayers for LT's recovery.

Until now, Lee said, he has been reluctant to point the finger of blame, even at Forbes.
But after Forbes' "shocking" arrest in a case be believes mirrors his stepdaughter's disappearance, he no longer has any doubt about her fate, he said.

~~snip~~

Police have searched Forbes' business and van and a farm in Larimer County. They found holes in his story. Witnesses had seen men burning something in a barrel near an Aurora bakery where Forbes worked until shortly after Monge's disappearance.
Lee said that when he heard Forbes had allegedly lit Till man's apartment on fire, it reminded him of the barrel-burning incident.

"It's the same thing all over again," Lee said. "It makes you wonder what else he has done."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18465620

Wow, this man Forbes is a very dangerous man! I'm sure he has many victims out there. LE should start looking at all the unsolved cases in the cities where he has lived.

I'm sure he is going to use his drug addiction as an excuse for these crimes! JMO

I thought he was obviously lying when he was interviewed by the local news not long after Kenia disappeared. One comment he made still sticks with me. He told the reporter his BS story about Kenia going off with another guy at a gas station. In his story I thought he let out a nugget of truth. He said he felt like "all of the sudden, I was no longer important" to Kenia. That says a lot to me. It sounds to me like he felt he had a deep relationship with Kenia pretty much immediately after he met her. I think it also hints at rage when his view isn't reciprocated. I can't imagine the depth of Travis' problems dealing with women.

I still wonder if Kenia was slipped a date rape type drug at the bar and if she was slipped it by someone other than Travis.

I thought he was obviously lying when he was interviewed by the local news not long after Kenia disappeared. One comment he made still sticks with me. He told the reporter his BS story about Kenia going off with another guy at a gas station. In his story I thought he let out a nugget of truth. He said he felt like "all of the sudden, I was no longer important" to Kenia. That says a lot to me. It sounds to me like he felt he had a deep relationship with Kenia pretty much immediately after he met her. I think it also hints at rage when his view isn't reciprocated. I can't imagine the depth of Travis' problems dealing with women.

I still wonder if Kenia was slipped a date rape type drug at the bar and if she was slipped it by someone other than Travis.

I agree. Yesterday when I was rereading old articles about Kenia, I saw that same quote, and wondered if he felt she slighted him in some way. Like you, I was wondering if he slipped Kenia (and maybe LT) roofies. He could've acted the good samaritan and offered to get her home, half carried/half pulled her out of the bar, intentionally leaving her cell, etc. so it'd be harder to track where she was??

And, yesterday 9 News said LT did not know Travis, but this morning, they said detectives are still looking for potential connections between them. In the beginning, it was reported that Travis made and sold natural snack bars, and his victim LT worked as a sales rep for a natural wine company. I wonder if they crossed paths at an expo or something that didn't stand out to her. Of course, she's still in a coma so hopefully she'll recover soon and be able to help investigators put him away.

Looks like he almost had another victim. They just updated this story:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/28522313/detail.html

from above:
Police moved in and stopped Forbes at 3:45 a.m. Sunday in downtown Fort Collins as he was walking with a 25-year-old woman, according to an arrest affidavit.

The young woman, who didn't want her name used, told 7NEWS that she was walking home after a night of partying when Forbes approached her and struck up a conversation.

The woman said she made a bad decision, and she was very drunk. The woman said she never felt threatened, and she invited Forbes to meet her friends for drinks.

Suddenly, the woman recalled, three police officers appeared and pulled her away from Forbes. Police questioned both of them, she said.

The woman said police told her Forbes was "a very dangerous man."

As others have said this man is sick, and works fast. They need to check for other missing women/or UID in Texas, along his route there, and anywhere else he's been.

Thank God he's behind bars now. I bet the drunk young lady in Ft. Collins learned an important lesson. Makes me think of the Spierer case on here now...

ETA: They are updating these articles throughout the day. They now say he doused LT in bleach "from head to toe" and she also suffered burns.

Regarding his release:

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-perso...e-released-from-jail-20110701,0,3818559.story

Forbes was arrested in Austin, Texas, but when he was extradited to Jefferson County to appear in court the alleged victim claimed she allowed Forbes to borrow her car. She said Forbes was a good friend and did not want to pursue charges.

Police were "monitoring his activities" as he moved around Fort Collins, she said.

As these stories are constantly being updated, some local news sources are:

www.kdvr.com
www.thedenverchannel.com
www.kwgn.com
www.9news.com
www.coloradoan.com
www.reporterherald.com
www.denverpost.com

Looks like he almost had another victim. They just updated this story:

from above:

As others have said this man is sick, and works fast. They need to check for other missing women/or UID in Texas, along his route there, and anywhere else he's been.

Thank God he's behind bars now. I bet the drunk young lady in Ft. Collins learned an important lesson. Makes me think of the Spierer case on here now...

ETA: They are updating these articles throughout the day. They now say he doused LT in bleach "from head to toe" and she also suffered burns.
Wow, that young woman was very lucky. Predators like him are just wandering around, looking for things that set them off and weaknesses to attack. Unfortunately this is far from the first time we've seen it.

I wonder if this is the first time LE has taken his DNA. That may tell an ugly story.

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/hp_metro/article_cb6f19fc-acb1-11e0-a9d3-001cc4c002e0.html

A man who described himself as a suspect in the disappearance of an Aurora teen has been arrested in Fort Collins on sex assault, attempted murder and arson charges after police say he attacked a woman there last week.

Travis Eugene Forbes was arrested Sunday in connection with the July 5 assault of Lydia Tillman at her apartment on the north side of Fort Collins, according to a Channel 7 report.

more at link

ETA: this man was a POI in the disappearance of Kenia Monge, age 19

Wow! Sounds like he was bragging about being questioned and a suspect. Doesn't look so good for Kenia. I feel so bad for her family.

this guy is serial killer. I hope he confess and give up where Kenia and maybe a few others.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back