GUILTY CO - Kenia Monge, 19, Denver, 31 March 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
on the bottom of this article is the timeline of Travis...
this is must read on Travis it goes back to 1999.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/208744/339/Man-charged-in-Fort-Collins-sex-assault-fire-

here is the report on the stolen car from his friend
http://www.9news.com/pdfs/jeffcoforbesreport.pdf

I believe this is the first time we've heard that Travis' frequents the bar where Kenia was last seen that night. The DA's report says he was confronted by the bar manager when he returned to the bar after his name had been in the news. Makes the possibility of him slipping a date rape type drug to Kenia seem much more strong to me.

I believe this is the first time we've heard that Travis' frequents the bar where Kenia was last seen that night. The DA's report says he was confronted by the bar manager when he returned to the bar after his name had been in the news. Makes the possibility of him slipping a date rape type drug to Kenia seem much more strong to me.

good catch! I was wondering if he been there before was he seen that night.
I pass right over that:loser:

On the search warrant they took a bus pass...hmmm

Also reading on on his friend I wondering how deep the friend was involve.

Also on warrant it has blood dropett were found... a cut on Travis arm.
:waitasec:

I always felt she was drugged. I wonder when the tests be back from the warrant.

I still reading but before this is over I think he will have a lot more victims ?

search warrant for bakery. might been posted. I was shocked when I seen the size of the metal container.
http://www.9news.com/pdfs/Denver-Police-Search-Warrant-Forbes.pdf

I think you can see the container on the Bing Maps Satellite views behind the building. Probably just a shipping container the business uses for extra storage. It's the kind they use on big cargo ships.

Some info from the search warrant that may be new, I can't remember...the lady who owns the property where Travis had his business told police Travis had a "cut on his forearm that appeared to be five or six hours old" the day after Kenia disappeared. His driver's side van window was broken out, Travis told her it was by a "would-be thief" and that he had cut his hand on the window. There was also blood on the floor of the workplace when no other worker had been cut, so it was obviously from Travis' cut that morning.

Also reiterates the fact that detectives noticed Travis had new carpeting in his van on the 3rd while his friend said there was a rubber mat on the van floor when he was last in the van on the 1st (the friend had been with Travis and Kenia in the van but was supposedly dropped off at his house before whatever happened to Kenia).

I don't think it rare in Serial Killers and that what I think he is.

LE knows a lot and I having hard time waiting to know what they got.

I didn't mean it was rare for killers to believe they are smarter than everyone else. I meant they rarely are smarter.

TF was really pushing the envelope by calling "to make sure" Kenia got home alright. IMO, that very arrogant move totally put him on the radar, where he has been ever since.

There is no doubt in my mind that TF hurt Kenia - and quite possibly many others. I think LE believes that too.

He is evil and, seems to me, thinks he's smarter than everyone else. Luckily, that very rarely is the case with monsters like this.

You know what freaks me out about him? He's super handsome. If I saw him, I might trust him. I bet he uses his looks to lure women.

I didn't mean it was rare for killers to believe they are smarter than everyone else. I meant they rarely are smarter.

TF was really pushing the envelope by calling "to make sure" Kenia got home alright. IMO, that very arrogant move totally put him on the radar, where he has been ever since.

I have a different take on it. I think it may be because he's a very anxiety ridden person who lacks impulse control. His emotions probably are a big part of it also, we've seen him tear up in an interview with a TV station and there are reports of him getting very emotional when he was arrested last week, and of him crying, shaking and seeming unsteady when he met with Kenia's dad on April 3rd (per the search warrant). The search warrant also says Travis called the woman he rented his workspace from repeatedly the day police visited her to find out if police had left.

All of this makes me think he acts out in a violent way, then freaks out thinking he's going to be caught so he acts suspicious. There is the report of him possibly visiting the outside area of the apartments of the woman he attacked in Ft Collins. Maybe that was to admire his handiwork or maybe it was just another case of him being worried about what the aftermath looked like and how it could play in him getting caught. My guess is that he's a guy who undergoes wild emotional swings. Just my opinion of course.

oh sorry...:innocent:

You know what freaks me out about him? He's super handsome. If I saw him, I might trust him. I bet he uses his looks to lure women.

charming too. After reading the police report from the girl that file the stole car report. It was plain to see he had charming ways.:banghead:

Update
Man officially charged in Fort Collins sex assault, fire
"Prosecutors obviously believe they have enough evidence to win a trial," 9NEWS Legal Analyst Scott Robinson said. "Otherwise they would not have filed the charges. Since the victim of the offense is not in a position to talk to the police, the evidence must be something other than a direct accusation from the victim herself."

http://www.9news.com/news/article/208744/188/Man-officially-charged-in-Fort-Collins-sex-assault-fire

Fort Collins sex assault, arson suspect charged with attempted first-degree murder
http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20110719/UPDATES01/110719001
snip
He responded to questions from Judge Thomas French in a clear, firm voice, wearing the red jumpsuit of a high-risk inmate.

Forbes' public defender waived the reading of the charges against him, and persuaded French to grant a temporary order requiring Fort Collins police to maintain the security of the victim's rented townhome until she and other defense attorneys can view it.

The victim's friends say she had only recently moved to Fort Collins and didn't know Forbes. Witnesses say both Forbes and the victim attended the city-sponsored fireworks display on July 4 at City Park.

He did tell his family he was going to fireworks. He must follow her home???

This is my first post on this site.

This case has interested me and I have been following it on this website for the past few months.

I wanted to respond to coloradoteacher's post (the one asking about why the Greeley landfill was searched): when Travis' facebook page was still up, I noticed one of his friends worked for a disposal company based out of Greeley. I wonder if this was the connection?

Also, since Travis uses craigslist (he found the room he rented in Austin on craigslist), I checked out posts on that site's Ft. Collins page from around the first week of July, and I saw one that struck me as really eerie. It was from the 5th of July and had a smiley face (a la his text to Kenia). It may be just a coincidence and a my imagination stretching too far, and I'm not sure of posting etiquette for websleuths, so I'm not posting a link.

Cowz- :welcome: :wagon: :fireworks: !!! It is great to have you here.

I will have to sleuth around Craigslist, good info to know!

:welcome5:
This is my first post on this site.

This case has interested me and I have been following it on this website for the past few months.

I wanted to respond to coloradoteacher's post (the one asking about why the Greeley landfill was searched): when Travis' facebook page was still up, I noticed one of his friends worked for a disposal company based out of Greeley. I wonder if this was the connection?

Also, since Travis uses craigslist (he found the room he rented in Austin on craigslist), I checked out posts on that site's Ft. Collins page from around the first week of July, and I saw one that struck me as really eerie. It was from the 5th of July and had a smiley face (a la his text to Kenia). It may be just a coincidence and a my imagination stretching too far, and I'm not sure of posting etiquette for websleuths, so I'm not posting a link.

I not sure about craiglisting posting. IMO imagination like theory...never to far stretching.
July 6 early hours is when the woman was attack.

I was wondering why I couldn't find a facebook for Travis.

Can you tell us what the post said on craig list? I not good searching craig list.

Thank You on the info on the facebook page!

I not sure about craiglisting posting. IMO imagination like theory...never to far stretching.
July 6 early hours is when the woman was attack.

I was wondering why I couldn't find a facebook for Travis.

Can you tell us what the post said on craig list? I not good searching craig list.

Thank You on the info on the facebook page!

Thanks for the nice welcome!

Travis' facebook page disappeared months ago, as far as I know. It was under the name Pepperjack. His friend who was in the van with Kenia and Travis does still have a facebook and he is also friends with the guy who works for the Greeley (Weld County) disposal company.

The craigslist post was titled 're: do-Over' (could not find any original post titled 'do-Over') and it said:

" If I could go back I would find a way to kill you:) " ---not a yellow smiley icon but a colon with a parenthese

It was posted at about 12:30pm on July 5th. I think that attack occurred around 2:30am, July 5th. Just got an icky feeling as soon as I read that. Struck me as very creepy, with the timing and the smiley face. Probably totally unrelated.

Thanks for the nice welcome!

Travis' facebook page disappeared months ago, as far as I know. It was under the name Pepperjack. His friend who was in the van with Kenia and Travis does still have a facebook and he is also friends with the guy who works for the Greeley (Weld County) disposal company.

The craigslist post was titled 're: do-Over' (could not find any original post titled 'do-Over') and it said:

" If I could go back I would find a way to kill you:) " ---not a yellow smiley icon but a colon with a parenthese

It was posted at about 12:30pm on July 5th. I think that attack occurred around 2:30am, July 5th. Just got an icky feeling as soon as I read that. Struck me as very creepy, with the timing and the smiley face. Probably totally unrelated.

oh my! that a good find! HMMM

I have gone back and watched TF's interview. I agree that he is very handsome, but he has a different quality to his voice. I wonder if he is struggling with "gay" tendencies; and he is striking out at women to prove his manhood. The 1 1/2" cuts in the women's panties also makes me wonder. Like another poster mentioned previously, did he put these panties on? Is he struggling with his own sexuality.

I truly believe that this monster is a serial killer in-the-making or possibly already achieved. IMHO he wants to be caught though or he is honestly just too brave. To commit such a crime so recently out of jail!! I wonder if he is more horrific in his mind and if he knows that he will get more violent if he continues.

The woman that he was walking with needs to thank her lucky stars that LE saved her from what could have happened that fateful night. Prayers for Kenia and her family! Hoping that LE can get a confession out of this creep!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Renayz23
Back