GUILTY CO - Kenia Monge, 19, Denver, 31 March 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the nice welcome!

Travis' facebook page disappeared months ago, as far as I know. It was under the name Pepperjack. His friend who was in the van with Kenia and Travis does still have a facebook and he is also friends with the guy who works for the Greeley (Weld County) disposal company.

The craigslist post was titled 're: do-Over' (could not find any original post titled 'do-Over') and it said:

" If I could go back I would find a way to kill you:) " ---not a yellow smiley icon but a colon with a parenthese

It was posted at about 12:30pm on July 5th. I think that attack occurred around 2:30am, July 5th. Just got an icky feeling as soon as I read that. Struck me as very creepy, with the timing and the smiley face. Probably totally unrelated.
What title was that under please?

Just watched the 9news interview of Forbes. Yep, this man is battling some inner demons with his sexuality and anger. The tears are not real, at the end when he says "she chose to walk away with another man" or something like that, he finally has mustered up a few real tears forming in his eyes.

I think he has been doing this or building up to it all of his life. I would bet there are more assaulted women, perhaps more murdered women in his past. Since he does know how to move from one college town to another and meet them only once they are outside the bar and intoxicated, or follow them to see where to break in, it will be difficult to tie him to the crimes unless there are prints, dna, or confession.

I also think he may have met his fried "F" that is currently in jail, while they both were previously incarcerated. "F" may have some things to share with LE if Forbes and he discussed their crimes and decided to hook up once they got out. Even if they did not meet in jail, I believe "F" may have been told of some crimes Forbes has committed, who knows what though. Criminals love to brag about crimes, jails, and time in jails.

Forbes may need some sort of psych meds, but the jail can figure that out, as I suspect he may never be out again once all is figured out.

Just watched the 9news interview of Forbes. Yep, this man is battling some inner demons with his sexuality and anger. The tears are not real, at the end when he says "she chose to walk away with another man" or something like that, he finally has mustered up a few real tears forming in his eyes.

I think he has been doing this or building up to it all of his life. I would bet there are more assaulted women, perhaps more murdered women in his past. Since he does know how to move from one college town to another and meet them only once they are outside the bar and intoxicated, or follow them to see where to break in, it will be difficult to tie him to the crimes unless there are prints, dna, or confession.

I also think he may have met his fried "F" that is currently in jail, while they both were previously incarcerated. "F" may have some things to share with LE if Forbes and he discussed their crimes and decided to hook up once they got out. Even if they did not meet in jail, I believe "F" may have been told of some crimes Forbes has committed, who knows what though. Criminals love to brag about crimes, jails, and time in jails.

Forbes may need some sort of psych meds, but the jail can figure that out, as I suspect he may never be out again once all is figured out.

He was out control for sure. I been looking for anything In Austin texas when he was there but have not found anything that stick out.

Please pin this guy!! Women definitely need to be protected from him. So scary that personalities like this are out there.

Well I am angry. This dude:

1. Was the last person to see Kenia
2. Seen burning items in a large drum the night of Kenia's disappearance
3. Seen turning off survelliance camera with gloved hands the night of kenia's disappearance
4. Has brand new carpet in his van the following day of Kenia's disappearance
5. Took a large cooler, big enough to fit a body the night of Kenia's disappearance
6. Later assaults a woman and burns her house down

I mean, seriously? I am not calling LE out on anything, as I am sure they have their reasons, and want a solid case foundation. I guess I am just mad. I cannot even imagine how Kenia's family feels! :mad:

Well I am angry. This dude:

1. Was the last person to see Kenia
2. Seen burning items in a large drum the night of Kenia's disappearance
3. Seen turning off survelliance camera with gloved hands the night of kenia's disappearance
4. Has brand new carpet in his van the following day of Kenia's disappearance
5. Took a large cooler, big enough to fit a body the night of Kenia's disappearance
6. Later assaults a woman and burns her house down

I mean, seriously? I am not calling LE out on anything, as I am sure they have their reasons, and want a solid case foundation. I guess I am just mad. I cannot even imagine how Kenia's family feels! :mad:

I understand how you feel. I am comfort by the fact he in jail and how lucky that the girl was that he was arrest with.

I feel that LE was on him like white on rice and they safe that girl life.

I praying that a deal is cut and he lead them to Kenia. Right now Travis has a lawyer and LE can only do so much. That might all change when some tests come back.

Prayers to Kenia and and woman that was attack.

I have a crazy thought. Travis took off for Texas days after Kenia was missing and LE talked to him plus the search warrants.

Could he took Kenia and dump her on the way to Texas. (I couldn't think of a better word than dump).

Classmate reflects on Travis Forbes
Travis' grandparents have gone on the record saying police have the wrong guy. Travis again implicated himself in the disappearance of Aurora teenager Kenia Monge three months ago, which classmates say sounds just like something Travis would do to get attention.

http://www.noco5.com/story/15109991/classmate-reflects-on-travis-forbes

"And says unfortunately another one of his classmates is in the news.

"It's kind of gotten to be a run of the mill thing...there goes another one of my classmates going to prison for another kidnapping and attempted murder," Mozer said as he scoffed."

Do we know who he's referring to here? Is he saying another classmate also went to prison for kidnapping and attempted murder?

"And says unfortunately another one of his classmates is in the news.

"It's kind of gotten to be a run of the mill thing...there goes another one of my classmates going to prison for another kidnapping and attempted murder," Mozer said as he scoffed."

Do we know who he's referring to here? Is he saying another classmate also went to prison for kidnapping and attempted murder?

I not sure who this guy is talking about. He could be talking Edward Fajardo(the guy that was with Travis the night Kenia disappear.

snip
Forbes told The Denver Post last week that he and friend Edward Fajardo, 31, of Denver, met Monge, who was talking to a homeless man at 2:30 a.m. a short distance from the nightclub

This Edward is very interesting and I hoping he cut deal with LE to tell where Kenia might be.

Edward record
http://www.9news.com/pdfs/FAJARDO_EDWARdCBI.pdf

Defense to review discovery in Forbes hearing
Circumstances leading to Travis Forbes' arrest in connection with the assault of a Fort Collins woman will be revealed at the preliminary court hearing, following the defense's review of lengthy discovery.

Forbes, 31, is charged with 12 counts, including two of attempted first-degree murder and four of assault. He appeared in court Friday morning wearing the red jumpsuit of a high-risk inmate.
Public defender Kathryn Hay said Friday that she needs weeks to review the case's discovery materials, which have included about 1,100 to 1,200 pages of material and "many, many discs" with interviews

The case is set for a status conference Sept. 1.
http://www.coloradoan.com/article/2...es-hearing?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I don't have time to go through the remainder of the thread right now, but want to quickly post my observation. Forgive me if someone's already pointed this out...

Forbes said he was out that night celebrating his sister's birthday downtown with his friend Eddie.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_17838782?source=rss

Forbes say he was driving home from the bar Opal in his van with his friend Eddie after celebrating a friend's graduation from cosmetology school.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/193425/339/Man-calls-himself-suspect-in-case-of-missing-teen

Additionally, in the exact same articles, he gives different stories about the friend (Edward "Eddie" Fajardo) - saying in one that Eddie got out of the van and walked home, in the other that he dropped Eddie off at home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSP MORSE
Back