Found Deceased CO - Kevin Rudnicki, 20, hiker, Mount Herman, Pike National Forest, 3 Sep 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Skelton John on Steam was just logged in 5hrs ago. The player changed the name of the account to Dick Kickem'. There we other previous names, one was Kevin. Additionally, the person's name is "Kevon". If this is his acct either he logged in or someone he knows did.
Steam Community :: Dick Kickem'
This seems promising. Anyway the user can be traced to an area??

Yes. He was living at home. Just seems too coincidental. Skelton John changes his name to Dick Kickem'.... Kevin....Kevon. All of this is so frustrating.

When Kevin got home Saturday, Sept 1, he looked terrible. He looked tired and pale. Said he hadn't been sleeping well due to restless legs. Said the bus trip was terrible. Even asked about RLS treatment via text minutes before arriving, which I thought was weird, since I was about to see him. He was never one to text much. We went straight home and he went to his room to sleep. He was up and out a few hours later to take a walk. He headed in his sister's house direction, but returned a few minutes later and went to his room. I assumed he was going to visit her and she wasnt home. Not unusual for kevin, but since I had not seen him all summer, it felt odd. We had dinner together, normal conversation. He was sluggish and tired, but then again, he set this up with the restless leg story. Next mornibg, cheerful, conversational. We sat in the kitchen together while he ate cereal. Talked about plans for the day and getting him back to school. He even got online to write down the bus schedule. Also weird, but didnt think toouch of it at the time. Plans for October for our wedding . I stood in his bedroom doorway, talking , right before i had to leave to take his older brother to church. Quick conversation to be safe and have fun and that I would text him the time for his niece's birthday dinner. That's the last I've seen or heard from him. He was gone when I returned 20 or so minutes later. Didn't worry until it got dark. I slept in his bed, so I would know when he got home (Didn't really sleep.) I sat on the stool at the kitchen island the next morning, looking out the window, waiting for him to come over the hill down the road. By 8 am, I called the local police to report him missing and here we are today
...3 months with nothing but speculation.

What was Kevin's favorite book/movie/band?
He loved the harry potter books growing up, a series of unfortunate events, hunger games. He was currently reading Lamb by Christopher Moore that I had given him for christmas. He was recently really into the Hannibal show (I don't know the exact name), and Mr. Robot. He also really liked Fringe, Battle Star Gallactica, Turn, Breaking Bad, Better call Saul, The Man in the High Castle, and Mrs. Maisel. He also loved star wars. And as Andrew said he like the flaming lips, muse and radiohead.

That account has videos of the user playing games and talking, some of them even have the webcam footage in the upper right; it is not Kevin. Yeah, this is a coincidence, but that account is not Kevin's.
But lets just look at the bigger picture: Kevin strips his social media accounts, deletes every file on his laptop except the document, quits school, leave little money in his bank accounts, disappears without telling anyone where he was going or his intentions, but he logged into "his" Steam account a few hours ago? Based on the content on that account page, that account does not appear to be shared. I do not believe it's Kevin's and I do not suspect anyone else uses it, if it is his.

Yes. He was living at home. Just seems too coincidental. Skelton John changes his name to Dick Kickem'.... Kevin....Kevon. All of this is so frustrating.

When Kevin got home Saturday, Sept 1, he looked terrible. He looked tired and pale. Said he hadn't been sleeping well due to restless legs. Said the bus trip was terrible. Even asked about RLS treatment via text minutes before arriving, which I thought was weird, since I was about to see him. He was never one to text much. We went straight home and he went to his room to sleep. He was up and out a few hours later to take a walk. He headed in his sister's house direction, but returned a few minutes later and went to his room. I assumed he was going to visit her and she wasnt home. Not unusual for kevin, but since I had not seen him all summer, it felt odd. We had dinner together, normal conversation. He was sluggish and tired, but then again, he set this up with the restless leg story. Next mornibg, cheerful, conversational. We sat in the kitchen together while he ate cereal. Talked about plans for the day and getting him back to school. He even got online to write down the bus schedule. Also weird, but didnt think toouch of it at the time. Plans for October for our wedding . I stood in his bedroom doorway, talking , right before i had to leave to take his older brother to church. Quick conversation to be safe and have fun and that I would text him the time for his niece's birthday dinner. That's the last I've seen or heard from him. He was gone when I returned 20 or so minutes later. Didn't worry until it got dark. I slept in his bed, so I would know when he got home (Didn't really sleep.) I sat on the stool at the kitchen island the next morning, looking out the window, waiting for him to come over the hill down the road. By 8 am, I called the local police to report him missing and here we are today
...3 months with nothing but speculation.
I'm sorry, I do know how frustrating this is. Most of us on here have been in this same situation, myself included.
Does he have any friends between your home and his sister's home? Could he have stopped in to someone else's home? Are there business between? A post office? Sounds like he went somewhere to do something.

I have spoken with her many times. We live a few blocks from each other. She has taught all of my boys. She and her husband searched with us and SAR. She said they had a great, brief conversation. He seemed happy and goal oriented. Said his plan was to work for the forrest service after college. She has stated that she has gone over and over the conversation in her head and just can't find any red flags......

I have to think about the document and Saturday a bit more before I offer any kind of speculation. Just know that I can barely hold back the emotions while reading your posts. I hope beyond hope Kevin is found.

From what I understand, Kevin had already largely dropped out of college. This tale appears to lend itself to a bit of wishful thinking - more than anything else it just tells me he was feeling really lost ( the attraction to hallucinogens also telling of a need to quest for and find something) - did he ever express a reason why he didn't want to pursue forestry in Colorado? Had he ever looked into ranger positions or similar?

I'd also like to know when he approximately met his ex and if you have a good picture of Kevin's week or so before he arrived in Palmer Lake?

@Kevinsmom98 truly the detective on Kevin's case shouldn't have a problem sharing background info with you but I get the impression Monument PD is stretched really thin and dealing with some inner turmoils lately. I did run the standard deep web search on his name and known usernames and nothing comes up but a deleted facebook profile and his birth records. If we can discover his email addresses, then a trace can be done to find accounts on other websites where his email was used. I have a feeling he tidied up all of those loose ends.

I think searching where the dog was pulling down the hill is a very good idea. I also think a search of the creek needs to be done where the other scent dog pathed up to the vial discovery. I realize that is a very hard search to do and may need to wait till spring. Anything over 4 inches, especially with a lot of rocks, is enough to conceal remains or clothing that would now be near-skeletonized. Equal priority should probably be on locating his phone or boots if they are out there. I hope our SAR expert can join in here to provide you with some insights or advice on what to do next in investigating that side of things.

ETA: It is a little strange that he took his phone with him.

There is a lot of evidence pointing to his disappearance being premeditated, I just really can't be sure yet if it was a figurative or literal disappearing. I can say I think he looked up the bus schedule and wrote it down to appease you or put off the appearance he fully intended to return to school, and that he avoided calling Megan/changed his mind about going there because he either couldn't face her (if he felt he was in such deep *advertiser censored* that he was going to have to talk about it) or he thought seeing her would challenge the plan he had already decided to execute. JMO.

Warm wishes to Kevin's family members who have joined us here. It's always a very sobering reminder that we are talking about real people with loved ones.

I don't have much to add, and I'm afraid I'm pretty fearful for a happy outcome here, but I wanted to chime in briefly because I am following the thread daily for news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back