Deceased/Not Found CO - Lea Chali Porter, 19, Westminster, 5 June 2014 - *C. Waide guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh Lea, where are you beautiful girl? Please God, bring her home to her family so that they can begin to heal. Praying...

This past November, Christopher Waide was sentenced to 48 years in prison.

http://kdvr.com/2015/11/06/man-sentenced-to-48-years-for-murder-of-missing-pueblo-teen/

A man was sentenced Friday to 48 years in prison for the second-degree murder of a 19-year-old girl from Pueblo who went missing last year.

Christopher Adam Waide, 24, was also sentenced to six years in prison for sexual exploitation of a child, to be served concurrently with the 48-year prison term.

“The defendant has received the maximum sentence of 48 years for second-degree murder and likely will spend the rest of his life in prison, “ District Attorney Dave Young said. “This has been a difficult and sad case for everyone involved. I empathize with the family in the tragic loss of their 19-year-old daughter. This case has been one of our highest priority cases since June of 2014.”

Mom continues to search for her daughter's body more than two years after the 19-year-old went missing and a high school friend confessed to her murder

A mother in Colorado has continued to lead the search for her daughter's body, two years after the 19-year-old went missing and a friend confessed to her murder.

Lea Porter vanished in June 2014, after a break-up with her boyfriend left her homeless.

While Waide was sentenced to 48 years in prison for her murder, police never did find Porter's body, which he said he trashed in a dumpster.

So in an effort to bring closure to the situation, Porter's mother Rene Jackson has continued to search for her daughter's body.

In a new interview with ABC, which is set to air in full on Friday, Jackson says she continues to hike through mountain trails in central Colorado with search dogs, hoping to find signs f her daughter.

'I just can’t accept the fact that I don’t know where my daughter is,' Jackson told ABC News 20/20. 'I can’t live with that.'

Lea Porter's case will air on 20/20 tonight.

'I'd Like to Confess to a Murder': Killer’s Chilling Confession to 911

Authorities had searched a landfill for 40 consecutive days but did not find Lea Porter’s body. But they did find a pillowcase containing her cell phone, wallet, ID and her clothes. Although authorities don’t believe Waide’s self-defense story, they were hesitant to take the case to jury without a body.

"We need a body," said Westminster Police Det. Matt Calhoon. "There are very few solved no-body homicides."

Instead, prosecutors offered Waide a plea deal of second degree murder in return for information about where her body is. He accepted and was sentenced to 48 years in prison. He maintained that he put the body in dumpster.

“We could not go to a judge and say, ‘We can prove that this man's lying to us. We want you to reject this plea bargain.’ There's no way we can prove that. Now, if the body's found somewhere else, we can certainly come back and say, ‘Wait in minute, we had a plea bargain. He lied obviously, because the body was found in a different location,’” Young said.

Waide, now 26, is serving his sentence at Sterling Correctional Facility, where he will be released from prison in 2062.

Lea Porter’s family doesn’t believe Waide and remains determined to find her body.

“I want to do it for her,” Maxx Porter said. “She doesn’t deserve to be just tossed away like a piece of trash.”

Killer is in prison, but body of Fremont County teen has never been found
Dec 30, 2017

“CANON CITY -- Three years after her daughter’s brutal murder, a Canon City mother is so focused on finding her daughter’s missing body that she has become a detective of sorts.”

Snip

“"He had two days to do whatever he wanted (before police contact) and he was arrested a week after the murder," argued Jackson. "They keep trying to convince us there (was not) enough time to take a trip to Cotopaxi."

Despite the police downplaying her theory, Jackson is pressing on to look into every possibility. She combs through case file documents, painstakingly tracking phone numbers in hopes of finding a clue.

"I believe Waide placed some of her things in a dumpster so that if they were ever found at the landfill, (the authorities) would think she just dumped it herself" before her disappearance, Jackson said.“

—-more at link

Lea quit her education and moved in with an older man named Jesse Mine, a tattoo artist, who was allegedly the reason for her getting addicted to heroin.

Lea Porter was living in Denver when she disappeared from Westminster, Colorado, on June 3, 2014.

Lea’s family called up her former high school friend, Christopher Waide, who was with her in Denver. Waide said that he did not hear from Lea after she left with an unidentified person in a white truck.

The white truck story was a lie.

Christopher Waide was arrested and convicted of Lea’s murder.

Lea Porter Murder: Where Is Christopher Waide Now?

JAN 26, 2021
For Lea Porter, she came into the world with her brother Maxx waiting in the wings, excited to have a little sister. They grew up in Pueblo, Colorado, and were each other’s best friend.

Police started to investigate Waide and came up with some disturbing information. He had been discharged from the Army for one particular violent admission. In <>, it was said that police discovered the reason for his discharge <> Waide had told psychiatrists that in high school he tried to rape and murder a girl, but was scared away by one of the girl’s family members who he didn’t know was at the home.

The Brother Detective

Is there any way to track where his phone pinged? If he brought his phone with him? Is it too late to get this information?

Yes I was thinking and hoping for the same. Just saw the “Murder in the 21st” episode on this case of Lea Porter.

I hope that investigators have obtained all cell phone and other vehicle GPS or other tracking information from the defendant at that time while it might still be available. And analyzed it extensively.

And depending on where the convicted is placed in prison, have that earlier cell mate placed near him perhaps?
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric
Back