GUILTY CO - Leann 'Annie' Meyer, 51, Wheat Ridge, 23 Feb 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://mankatofreepress.com/local/x1543052639/Missing-St-Peter-woman-s-medical-records-turned-over-to-Colorado-investigators

"Missing St. Peter woman’s medical records turned over to Colorado investigators
Case expected to be a murder investigation"

"Meyer was raised in St. Peter and was treated for a broken leg at the Mankato hospital in 1980. She also received surgery on the same leg at the hospital in 1983. When Slavsky called the hospital, he was told the records still exist but he would need a court order to obtain them.

So Slavsky sent an affidavit explaining the situation to Travis Sandland, a St. Peter detective. Slavsky said the X-rays of Meyer’s leg would help investigators identify her if a body is found.

“As of this date, Leann Meyer has not been located,” Slavsky said in the affidavit. “It is quite likely that Leann Meyer is the victim of a criminal act and might be deceased.

“One of the responsibilities of my investigation is to locate evidence that would be helpful in identifying the remains of unknown persons.”

I'd like some truth serum to the roommate to find out what happened to Annie.

MOO

Still thinking of, and praying for Annie and her family. I can't imagine the horrible frustration and anxiety they must be experiencing. Glad to hear LE seems to have some new leads. I pray it will lead to some answers for her and her family.

A possible development in the local news.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/deputies-rangers-at-cherry-creek-reservoir-looking-for-clues-in-connection-with-jaw-bone-discovery

AURORA, Colo. - Sheriff's deputies and park rangers scouring for clues connected to a human jaw bone found at Cherry Creek Reservoir were seen marking several pieces of possible evidence Wednesday.

They began searching the east side of the reservoir, between the dam and the swim beach, at 1 p.m. Wednesday. They blocked off the area with yellow crime scene tape suspended between the trees and planted small yellow flats in the ground to mark possible pieces of evidence.

The possible clues were also photographed by the search team.

Ashley Armijo and her mother found the jaw bone Saturday.

"I moved the algae off and I see what is clearly a molar and I dropped it," Armijo said.

Arapahoe County Forensic Pathologist, Dr. Kelly Lear-Kaul, confirmed the jaw bone was human.

Lear-Kaul told 7NEWS there were no identifiable signs of premortem trauma. She is sending the bone to Texas for a more complete report.

"What we are hoping is they can give us an approximate age range as far as how old this person was and they should be able to do male or female and obviously if we do DNA that should be able to tell us if it’s male or female," Dr. Lear-Kaul said.

The Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office said they will begin looking at missing person cases once they have the report back from Texas.

the video said they already ruled out one missing person, a child perhaps?

hmm about 30 mins from Wheat Ridge

there are several missing from around there, sadly, some family may get some closure, and hopes of justice.

I'm pretty sure the Fall River Road body is going to be Noren. I happened to notice his case on NamUs yesterday morning researching another case, and soon after I saw the news story I checked and he was no longer listed. Sad :( I hope there is a resolution in Annie's case soon as well.

I just noticed Annie's from St. Peter, MN and Dave Noren is from Mankato, MN. They are both small towns less than 15 miles from each other. Both went missing from within 5-10 miles of each other. In each case foul play is suspected. In both cases their roommates have been mentioned as suspicious and left town soon after their disappearance. Strange! Obviously it could all be coincidental... but in one article Dave's mom mentions he had fallen in with a rough crowd... I wonder if the cases are connected and this "rough crowd" could be to blame in both - maybe being from the same area they knew each other or had mutual friends?

Bumping for Annie. Hoping there is news soon. Her family has gone through so much already.

:bump:

Bumping for Annie

find-annie-meyers.jpg

Just found this short article from June 7. Nothing new. It is sad that her family have suspended the weekly meetings but, they are not going to quit searching.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...oman-leann-annie-meyer-last-seen-4-months-ago

In May, family and friends suspended their weekly meetings, but said they were not stopping the search for Annie.

"Do not give up hope," they wrote on the Find Annie Meyer website. "Annie’s friends and family will not give up hope. The search for Annie WILL continue!"

http://kdvr.com/2013/06/22/family-continues-search-for-missing-annie-meyer/

It looks like there is a supportive community there to help find this missing lady, and I'm glad. What the heck is up with this roommate though?

I know, right!!

"Just two days ago, Mark talked with Meyer’s roommate, who has refused to talk to Wheat Ridge police about Meyer’s whereabouts. He said she didn’t say much during their conversation."

:banghead:

As I mentioned previously, this roommate reminds me so much of Sherry in the Lisa Stone case.

Here is the link to her story for anyone who is interested:
48 Hours Mystery / The Facebook Detectives: (you have to click on the blue portion, the title line, to get the video to play)

The Facebook Detectives - 48 Hours - CBS News

Thinking of Annie today but couldn't find any new information. Sad.

My husband and I spent a long weekend in Denver a month ago. We saw the poster for Annie hanging up at Jack N Grill and it just bothered me. I decided to look her up on here to see if any progress had been made. :( It must be so frustrating and sad for her family. I hope they find her!

My husband and I spent a long weekend in Denver a month ago. We saw the poster for Annie hanging up at Jack N Grill and it just bothered me. I decided to look her up on here to see if any progress had been made. :( It must be so frustrating and sad for her family. I hope they find her!

Welcome shewolf. Thanks for posting.

Bumping for Annie.
:bump:

That's really awesome that you signed up here to check on Annie after seeing her poster. :) Her support group of family and friends have really worked hard and done an awesome job with getting her name and face out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks
Back