Identified! CO - Lookout Mtn, WhtFem, 20-40, Windy Saddle Trail, May'14 - Sandra Mercado

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As a local, this is creeping me out a bit. They have never named a suspect in Amy's case, right? How close is this trailhead to where Amy's car was found? I drive through these canyons on my way to the mountains, but don't hike the trails...seems to be a bit too much for a coincidence?

To answer my own question :) , this state park looks like it's right outside of Golden? A nature area, but not in the canyon. Whereas where Amy's car was found is more inside the canyon, along the creek. That area where the car was found is really pretty. They are close, though. Coincidentally I'm going to the mountains this weekend and driving that way. I can follow up with how far it seems if anyone is interested! (If I remember to keep a look out for the trailhead)

To answer my own question :) , this state park looks like it's right outside of Golden? A nature area, but not in the canyon. Whereas where Amy's car was found is more inside the canyon, along the creek. That area where the car was found is really pretty. They are close, though. Coincidentally I'm going to the mountains this weekend and driving that way. I can follow up with how far it seems if anyone is interested! (If I remember to keep a look out for the trailhead)

Please be careful and stay aware of your surroundings!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 News is also covering the story:

1399588272000-Still0508-00005.jpg

(Photo11: KUSA)

Video at link:
http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2014/05/08/body-found-near-lookout-mountain-road/8857303/

This photo and the location of the two tents makes it look like somebody pulled into that parking space, dragged the body out of the car, and pitched her over the wall.

I would guess it was dark when s/he did it, or they would have noticed that it wasn't that isolated a place.

Just my speculation, of course.

My question still stands. Who's car is it? What state are the number plates from?

I tried to get a look at the plates on the video, but the angle changes just as it's about to come into view. It looks like a basically white plate, though.

Please be careful and stay aware of your surroundings!!

no I won't get out of the car! I'm just saying when driving through or past I can have a good idea of genera distances. There's no way I'm getting out at the trailhead! :)

Windy Saddle is between Lookout Mountain and Mount Zion. Just south of the big M above Golden on Mount Zion.

I attended an event in Genesee tonight and just drove past Lookout Mtn on the way back to Denver. Thinking of our unknown victim and feeling creeped out that whoever did this to her is out and about. Kept my doors locked! Everyone stay safe tonight!!

OT: I'm so jealous of you who live in Colorado. Golden is SO GORGEOUS.

OT: I'm so jealous of you who live in Colorado. Golden is SO GORGEOUS.

A bit of background on this area. About 100 years ago, the city of Denver started acquiring land outside the city for parks. The Lariet Loop scenic highway was built to connect this 14,000 acres of parklands to city residents. Much later, Jefferson County picked up much of the undeveloped land adjacent to the Denver Mountain Parks such as Windy Saddle. The result is a huge network of open space parks and trails on the outskirts of Denver.

Unfortunately, these scenic areas are also convenient for those looking for a place to dump a body.

Woman's body "dumped" on Lookout Mountain, Jeffco authorities say

"Although the body was found in a rugged, steep location, the circumstances did not suggest she had fallen from a cliff. Because of the type of injuries she had, authorities have been able to eliminate the possibility she killed herself.

Lookout Mountain has long been a dumping place for killers, including convicted serial killer Billy Ray Reid, who was convicted of first- degree murder in 2008."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25729814/jeffco-sheriff-says-woman-found-lookout-mountain-was

Eek! I also thought of the CA fire guy who is on the run and always my thoughts go to Patricia "Patty Sue" Tolhurst. :(
Prayers for the family of this lady and prayers that the killer is caught soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Rest in peace, Sandra, and I hope they find the SOB who did this to you.

RIP Sandra. Prayers that your killer is found and flung over a cliff as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Body found at Windy Saddle trailhead on Lookout Mountain identified as Sandra Mercado

Sandra-Mercado_1399920049324_4638684_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

"There is a history of bodies being dumped there," Techmeyer said. "We don’t know if that was the case here or if the murder took place on Lookout Mountain. But there have been numerous cases over the years of murders happening in other locations in metro Denver and the bodies being transported and dumped on Lookout Mountain.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/body-found-at-windy-saddle-trailhead-on-lookout-mountain-identified-as-sandra-mercado

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back