GUILTY CO - Luke Turner, 3, Longmont, 25 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope the dad doesn't hurt him out of desperation. How terrible! Poor Luke :(

Re-reading last years story about dad and Luke...there's a deeper story here....moo

wondering if there is a scanner we could listen to and where I might access it online? Anyone?

Re-reading last years story about dad and Luke...there's a deeper story here....moo

Really? What do you think it is?

I was initially worried for Luke's safety because I assumed Monty was facing criminal charges for kidnapping Luke the first time. But, apparently it wasn't considered kidnapping since there weren't any custody arrangements. I hope that means he is just trying to get Luke to a place where they can be together again.

I can't imagine what his poor mother is going through :(

it took him 8 1/2 months to return Luke last time?!!? he only got back to his momma in march and has now been taken again? why was this man even out on the streets? shouldnt he have been arrested and be doing time for kidnapping last time?!!??! if he didn't get punished last time, no wonder he's not afraid to do it again!

im guessing this probably has something to do with the last kidnapping... but HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL!!

http://kwgn.com/2013/05/25/father-kidnaps-son-amber-alert-issued-for-3-year-old-boy/

According to the new link above, neither parent had custody of Luke the first time. Now mama has sole custody AND a restraining order against dad.

I like this mama: "Brandy Turner said that before Saturday morning, Luke wasn't afraid of his father and had actually "asked for him a couple of times." But she said her son was visibly scared when he saw Monty Turner struggling with his mother."

At least she's not trying to paint an ugly picture.

I hope this dad just desperately misses his son, and returns him unharmed.

And I'm hoping that there is someone helping him - for some reason I just think it's less likely that he would hurt the boy if there's someone along. Like maybe he could persuade someone that he should be with his son, but it would be much harder to persuade someone to help him hurt him, KWIM? Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

I pray he is not using his son to torture his wife. Poor little boy, what a life! This dad seems very unstable with complete disregard for the law!

From Twitter:

KDVR FOX31 Denver ‏@KDVR 12m
Longmont PD say they "have strong information to believe Monty and Luke Turner" are in the white '99 Chrysler
8:31 PM - 25 May 13

CBSDenver ‏@CBSDenver 1m
Breaking: Longmont PD has "strong information" that Monty and Luke Turner are in a 1999 Chrysler 300, white, 4 door, CO license 161-ZXZ.
8:45 PM - 25 May 13

This is absolutely heartbreaking for this mother and child. WHY was this guy out and apparently unmonitored!? :banghead:

I'm going to guess because they were not yet divorced so both parents had equal custody. I'm also going to guess, that for those 8.5 mo's Luke was missing the first time, the system only considered it custodial interference, not exactly a criminal issue, but a civil issue.

This 'father' is irrational. I fear for Luke more than I might in other cases. He might be desperate if he fears doing a lot of time.....

Praying Luke is found safely, soon.

This man looks so familiar to me. I've been searching online to try to see where I may have seen his face before, but I'm not finding anything. I'm about 45 minutes from longmont.

has anyone seen what the court date he failed to appear and what it was for? ill have to do some digging but wont be able to until tomorrow morning. just throwing it out there in case any of you know where to quickly find the info.

i wonder what/who is in missouri?!

ughhh i just had a thought... poor little Luke is probably so worried about his momma. i hope his "dad" is able to give him some sort of comfort so he's not so frightened while on this trip. this is just so sucky :(

http://www.krdo.com/news/amber-alert-issued-after-kidnapping/-/417220/20304542/-/qt4vj6/-/index.html

" "(Luke) was eating breakfast and got out of his chair," said Luke's mother, Sandy Turner. "He was yelling at (his father) to please not hurt Mommy."

Turner fled on a bicycle with the toddler in a child seat, Longmont Police Cmdr. Jeff Satur said. The home is in the 700 block of Eldora Place.

Police believed Turner parked a vehicle nearby and fled in the vehicle, Satur said. Authorities said they found Turner's blue Ford pickup Saturday evening in nearby Weld County, but he and the child weren't there. "

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...fter-Assaulting-Estranged-Wife-208954361.html

" "Part of me is afraid that he will hurt him, with everything he has done, but I hate to think that way," said Brandy Turner, Luke's mom. "I'd like to think he loves him enough not to do this. Not hurt him."

Turner is the non-custodial parent, and was already under a restraining order prohibiting any contact with Luke due to previous abductions."

Not sure how to post the link, but 9news just tweeted that the car was found in MO and grandfather arrested for accessory. No sign of Luke or his dad.

Not sure how to post the link, but 9news just tweeted that the car was found in MO and grandfather arrested for accessory. No sign of Luke or his dad.

That's good news I think. If the grandpa was helping, then maybe he knows where the dad was planning to go. Sounds like a positive step. What city is news 9 out of ? I'll try to get the link.

ETA Never mind.. I don't tweet. I can't figure it out :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back