Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I should have said "to me". Cuz 2 accounts posted December 1st within a half hour of the sighting and one post here, along with the posts about fire being told to roll at 7:14 and I'm convinced.

But as everyone had been saying, the real problem is everything before that. From 3:30-7:15.

If the 911 caller said people were arguing and trying to start a fire at 7pm they had to have left within minutes, right?

How does that work? Do police actually have to arrive and assess the situation before calling for fire? Or can they pull up, see the fire and tell them to roll?

Someone saw a van leaving at a high rate of speed - what time was that?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have no proofed source on the van. Someone else may have it (including someone here), but no one on my end has gone on record with me.

Someone went on record with LE, but I keep wondering if that someone, someone at the scene (someone we don't know about), said there was a van as cover up something else they knew.

I do know what cars were at the house when the deputies rolled up, and they weren't just Maggie's and the tenant. There was a third, I know who it was registered to, but I can't say right now.

The BOLO said so, but if you read this weeks Flume article, and this past Wednesday's article in the Canyon Courier, the undersheriff is weasel talking, all around the issue if the BOLO should have been released, whether is was accurate, or what.

At this point, I don't put much more stock in the van sighting than simply filing it away for future reference.

Sorry, I should have said "to me". Cuz 2 accounts posted December 1st within a half hour of the sighting and one post here, along with the posts about fire being told to roll at 7:14 and I'm convinced.

But as everyone had been saying, the real problem is everything before that. From 3:30-7:15.

If the 911 caller said people were arguing and trying to start a fire at 7pm they had to have left within minutes, right?

How does that work? Do police actually have to arrive and assess the situation before calling for fire? Or can they pull up, see the fire and tell them to roll?

In this case, I suspect since the 911 call said that people were arguing, throwing things around and trying to set fire to the house, then LE had first command and probably staged fire right behind the initial 911 call.

Yes, if LE had command, it would be their decision to roll fire.

In my area, they would put fire on standby until they could assess the situation. If there was smoke visible to LE upon response (or the caller states there is smoke/flames visible), they would have fire respond but stand off the scene until it was cleared by LE due to FF safety policy. Once cleared, they would have fire move in to work the fire.

Policies may differ between areas/departments but I think this is pretty standard.

Woops I once again responded without reading to the end. Change my post to "What Walter said" lol

In this case, I suspect since the 911 call said that people were arguing, throwing things around and trying to set fire to the house, then LE had first command and probably staged fire right behind the initial 911 call.

Yes, if LE had command, it would be their decision to roll fire.

Are they a staffed station or volunteer?

And no they don't.

Fire was told to roll at 7:14. That I've confirmed.

"Roll" usually indicates that they were informed earlier, and are staged to come in then LE asks them to.

Even if they were staged at the fire station, it's only 4-6 minutes away and if they were running emergent, it would not take them anywhere near 10-20 minutes to arrive.

Thanks for explaining the dispatch and channel differences (I'm in a small county where everything is handled in one dispatch center - usually by one dispatcher on duty at a time).

So my thoughts on the call for the coroner being "public information" (this is mostly for my own figuring-out process), it could have happened in several different ways:

1. FD made a comment about the coroner over the analog fire channel (all in scannerland would hear this.)

2. FD made the coroner comment over a TAC channel (only those in scannerland with knowledge of the TAC channel would hear this so semi-public)

3. LE makes CC over 800hz (only those with 800 scanners would hear this so semi-public)

4. LE makes CC over 800hz on a scrambled or talkaround channel (only insiders would hear this no non-public)

5. Someone has a Broadcastify feed that includes options 1-3, which makes everything other than private channel (#4) public information.

A Broadcastify Pro account or copy of the dispatch logs and/or FD and LE reports could provide verification, although FOIA request may be needed.

Am I on the right track here with my understanding, Walter? It's much more complicated than my little county, all channels here are analog, although we do have a fire TAC channel (rarely used) and a (secret ;) ) LE talkaround.

Let me try to clear a few things up here.

When I reported in The Flume that the initial 911 call came in sometime after 6 p.m., that was because I was frantically writing down traffic I was hearing over 800mhz (LE). I did not write a time tic on my initial notes.

My first time tic was written on note "roll fire" at 7:14 p.m, which was issued by a deputy on 800mhz (LE)

I was not listening to the fire department analog channel, I'm too far away to pick it up. So I don't know exactly what time they were dispatched to the scene. But "roll fire" would indicate that they were staged to roll.

Although I have had (and seen) numerous comments that the 911 and the initial fire calls were closer to 7 p.m., unless someone making those comments wants to go on record, I can't source that.

Obviously "sometime after 6 p.m." leaves a lot of wiggle room (and in this case, confusion), but that's how I reported it.

Now another point.

LE uses 800mhz statewide system for communication and Park County Sheriff's Office dispatch is in Fairplay, Colorado.

Fire uses an analog channel, somewhere at 156.???mhz (don't have the channel in front of me.) Fire's dispatch is in Evergreen, Colorado.

During an incident, fire will pass on to LE anything that seems to be an LE concern, such as "There are firearms inside of house, some may be missing." More than likely fire would not pass that on to Evergreen. Fire passed that comment on to LE and they called Fairplay dispatch.

Same with the coroner. Fire might ask LE to have the coroner called, but it's not general practice to tell Evergreen to call the coroner, since that is something only LE can do. You may hear a fire command mention to Evergreen that they are going to have LE call the coroner.

So, a little confusion is we have two communication avenues here, LE and fire. Some people in the community keep analog fire tuned in, on all day or some of the day. There are not a lot of people who are monitoring 800mhz LE.

If I could get someone to go on the record in regards to something they heard on analog, or if they were on the county road and saw some LE or fire action, then I could possibly get closer to 7 p.m., instead of being further away in my reporting on the initial time.

In the 'basement' here, we have a scanner thread. Some members pay for a subscription, so if they can, and you ask, they will do a rewind of that scanner feed, a certain time frame, and tell you what it says. What is said in the scanner thread can't be talked about on this thread though. It has to stay in the 'basement'.

Just out of simple curiosity, has there been a VI regarding this case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the 'basement' here, we have a scanner thread. Some members pay for a subscription, so if they can, and you ask, they will do a rewind of that scanner feed, a certain time frame, and tell you what it says. What is said in the scanner thread can't be talked about on this thread though. It has to stay in the 'basement'.
Thank you. I was going to say if it was on broadcastify, there should be no need for needing people to verify. Lots o fpeople down there will post the files to listen to and people go through and transcribe. Super awesome crew, down in the basement!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you. I was going to say if it was on broadcastify, there should be no need for needing people to verify. Lots o fpeople down there will post the files to listen to and people go through and transcribe. Super awesome crew, down in the basement!

It seems like someone said this one was not being broadcast on broadcastify. Likely due to being a small, rural county. My local scanner audio is never available either for the same reason.

It seems like someone said this one was not being broadcast on broadcastify. Likely due to being a small, rural county. My local scanner audio is never available either for the same reason.

Makes sense!

Just out of simple curiosity, has there been a VI regarding this case?

No. It has been suggested, but so far nobody has become a Verified Insider for Maggie Long's thread.

Well that brought tears to my eyes for sure! Maggie sounds like she was an amazing person who would have done great things with her life. What a horrible loss for everyone who knew her.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I agree with you.. the mention of what she wanted to do on her birthday for the homeless broke me [emoji24][emoji24].. I still cannot believe they have no suspects or poi.. she was a truly innocent victim.. I hope this doesn’t go unsolved she needs justice

In the meantime, I guess there will be an insurance payout for damages to the home. In addition, if ML's life was insured, there would be proceeds from any such policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme