Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction.

Fire uses an analog channel, somewhere at 156.???mhz (don't have the channel in front of me.) Fire's dispatch is in Evergreen, Colorado.

Should be ..

Fire uses an analog channel, somewhere at 156.???mhz (don't have the channel in front of me.) Fire's dispatch is in Fariplay, Colorado.

Change any reference to Evergreen to Faiplay.

We have two fire dispatches up here, depending on the area, my mistake.

Ok ... this is an open request to the WS community.

If anyone has a better timeline as to when the first 911 call from Park County Sheriff's Office dispatch over 800mhz state system was broadcast, or if you have any proof that you heard something on Platte Canyon Fire Protection District analog traffic, or you were driving down County Road 43 between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. on the night of Dec. 1, than I would ask that you contact me.

I'm trying to clear up some of the confusion about what I heard when, as I was monitoring 800mhz.

I was taking manual notes in a note pad, and my first time stamp that I entered was after the "confusion" started, "roll fire" at 7:14 p.m.

Some people have contacted me and implied that the 911 call must have went out after 6:30 p.m., or closer to 7 p.m.

But if you want to say something, you have to go on the record, I would eventually need your name.

You can PM me here, at newton@acrossthebow.com (home) or editor@theflume.com (work).

Maybe someone here can here clean up the timeline.

Ok ... this is an open request to the WS community.

I was taking manual notes in a note pad, and my first time stamp that I entered was after the "confusion" started, "roll fire" at 7:14 p.m.

Some people have contacted me and implied that the 911 call must have went out after 6:30 p.m., or closer to 7 p.m.

But if you want to say something, you have to go on the record, I would eventually need your name.

You can PM me here, at newton@acrossthebow.com (home) or editor@theflume.com (work).

Maybe someone here can here clean up the timeline.

RSBM for length.

Walter, thank you again for your work on this story. It sounds like the town of Bailey and community at large is still reeling from this tragedy and the lack of information and misinformation from LE seems to be making tensions even higher. Naturally, people want answers and want to feel like justice will arrive swiftly. I appreciate you doing all you can to help the community make sense of all this even though that seems to be an uphill battle at the moment.

Sure wish LE could solve this quickly so the community can focus on Maggie’s life and legacy and her loved ones can begin the process of healing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the 911 call came in at 6:15 saying that someone was trying to start a fire, I don't think you necessarily would see anything at 6:30

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I disagree with the time. tThe call for 911 shows a 7:01pm time stamp.

Which dispatch that receives the call is dependent on the method of the call. I spoke to an expert this morning who tells me if the call was made from a cell phone, a tower closest to it would relay into a certain dispatch. I believe Jefferson County received that 911 call and had to hand it back over to Park County. This is all done very quickly but the first time stamp for a 911 call is 7:01 pm.

Which dispatch that receives the call is dependent on the method of the call. I spoke to an expert this morning who tells me if the call was made from a cell phone, a tower closest to it would relay into a certain dispatch. I believe Jefferson County received that 911 call and had to hand it back over to Park County. This is all done very quickly but the first time stamp for a 911 call is 7:01 pm.

Ok, good work. And very possible.

So why didn't you tell me this personally, since we know each other and have been talking for two weeks now?

I rather suspect that our community would like to have a better time line than I have been able to provide up to this point.

I'm not sure I understand - are you saying you're seeing a log of 911 calls by timestamp?

How many dispatch centers could a 911 come to in park county?

Did any other dispatch receive a call between 6 and 7?

Is this log available to the public?

Ok, good work. And very possible.

So why didn't you tell me this personally, since we know each other and have been talking for two weeks now?

I rather suspect that our community would like to have a better time line than I have been able to provide up to this point.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=129232261195121&id=119528162165531

https://m.facebook.com/Justice-for-...62950109:tl_objid.176356762950109&__tn__=*s-R

This is the Justice for Maggie Long page.

The comments from the timeline post (December 12) are very interesting. A woman took a screenshot of a conversation with her husband. He texted her at 7:35 that he could see the fire from their front porch.

Another post is about a man who saw the trucks (?) Coming down 43 at 7:20

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=129232261195121&id=119528162165531

https://m.facebook.com/Justice-for-...62950109:tl_objid.176356762950109&__tn__=*s-R

This is the Justice for Maggie Long page.

The comments from the timeline post are very interesting. A woman took a screenshot of a conversation with her husband. He texted her at 7:35 that he could see the fire from 43 as he drove past.

The one problem I can confirm with that timeline, The Flume said that the 911 call came in "sometime after 6 p.m." They could not confirm that it was 6 p.m., I can't even confirm it was six. That's why I said "sometime."

I'm trying to clear up the time of the initial 911 call, but at this point, people who claim to have better info won't go on the record.

I won't report "somene said something on a blog or social media." That's not my style and not proper journalism.

The one problem I can confirm with that timeline, The Flume said that the 911 call came in "sometime after 6 p.m." They could not confirm that it was 6 p.m., I can't even confirm it was six. That's why I said "sometime."

I'm trying to clear up the time of the initial 911 call, but at this point, people who claim to have better info won't go on the record.

I won't report "somene said something on a blog or social media." That's not my style and not proper journalism.
No but if you wanted to reply there to anyone whose information may be helpful to you, I thought you could.

Actually more than anything those posts confirm the fire was seen by 7:30 and fire trucks were arriving at the property between 7:20-7:30

No but if you wanted to reply there to anyone whose information may be helpful to you, I thought you could.

I have. I've sent PM's and no one want to go on record.

I don't build articles on tweets, forums, or blog chatter.

When I start doing that, I'll quit this business first.

Actually more than anything those posts confirm the fire was seen by 7:30 and fire trucks were arriving at the property between 7:20-7:30

And no they don't.

Fire was told to roll at 7:14. That I've confirmed.

"Roll" usually indicates that they were informed earlier, and are staged to come in then LE asks them to.

Even if they were staged at the fire station, it's only 4-6 minutes away and if they were running emergent, it would not take them anywhere near 10-20 minutes to arrive.

I have. I've sent PM's and no one want to go on record.

I don't build articles on tweets, forums, or blog chatter.

When I start doing that, I'll quit this business first.

Good news, a WS forum user is willing to go on record to help clean up the timeline during 6-7 p.m. that evening of Dec. 1.

A public thanks, the person knows who they are.

Something I would like to share with this group.
The timeline proposed from the beginning with a 911 coming in around 6pm or so just never worked with existing facts. If someone driving home at 7:20 pm did not see a fire but saw fire responding behind them, the 6pm or so 911 call posed some additional and unnecessary questions.
Why did it take so long for LE and fire to respond?
If they did respond shortly after 6pm.....what were they doing for over an hour?
Having lived up here for more than 20 years neither of the questions above seemed to have a good answer. That bothered me and it bothered a lot of people in the community because not only were they fearful about a brutal murder but now they were forced to be skeptical of the 2 entities charged with protecting their safety. (A sort of double whammy to a reeling community.
The timeline just didn't work.
So with a little sleuthing on my own, I was able to nail down that timeline a little better to a place that DID make sense.
Several folks up here listen to scanners on a regular basis and those of us who do so are a pretty close group.
Through those connections and proper informational gathering....the call came in at 7:01pm.
Folks can weigh this information however they like. I provided it simply because an additional level of uneasiness was in place by the 6pm timeline.
I have no clue what happened up there but I do know this....FACTS are important.

The timeline proposed from the beginning with a 911 coming in around 6pm or so just never worked with existing facts. If someone driving home at 7:20 pm did not see a fire but saw fire responding behind them, the 6pm or so 911 call posed some additional and unnecessary questions.
If they did respond shortly after 6pm.....what were they doing for over an hour?
Having lived up here for more than 20 years neither of the questions above seemed to have a good answer. That bothered me and it bothered a lot of people in the community because not only were they fearful about a brutal murder but now they were forced to be skeptical of the 2 entities charged with protecting their safety. (A sort of double whammy to a reeling community.
So with a little sleuthing on my own, I was able to nail down that timeline a little better to a place that DID make sense.
Several folks up here listen to scanners on a regular basis and those of us who do so are a pretty close group.
Through those connections and proper informational gathering....the call came in at 7:01pm.
Folks can weigh this information however they like. I provided it simply because an additional level of uneasiness was in place by the 6pm timeline.
I have no clue what happened up there but I do know this....FACTS are important.

And Jbean did some good work here, but she doesn't want to go on record with The Flume as to what she knows and how she knows it. I tried. So this still tracks as unsourced rumor.

I now have someone who claims they will go on record.

So I will pursue that lead.

And it that lead lines up with that Jbean is saying, all the better.

And Jbean did some good work here, but she doesn't want to go on record with The Flume as to what she knows and how she knows it. I tried. So this still tracks as unsourced rumor.

I now have someone who claims they will go on record.

So I will pursue that lead.

And if that lead lines up with that Jbean is saying, all the better.

And no they don't.

Fire was told to roll at 7:14. That I've confirmed.

"Roll" usually indicates that they were informed earlier, and are staged to come in then LE asks them to.

Even if they were staged at the fire station, it's only 4-6 minutes away and if they were running emergent, it would not take them anywhere near 10-20 minutes to arrive.
Sorry, I should have said "to me". Cuz 2 accounts posted December 1st within a half hour of the sighting and one post here, along with the posts about fire being told to roll at 7:14 and I'm convinced.

But as everyone had been saying, the real problem is everything before that. From 3:30-7:15.

If the 911 caller said people were arguing and trying to start a fire at 7pm they had to have left within minutes, right?

How does that work? Do police actually have to arrive and assess the situation before calling for fire? Or can they pull up, see the fire and tell them to roll?

Someone saw a van leaving at a high rate of speed - what time was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members