Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem. Sorry my post was probably confusing.

Yea I’m saying if the van story is legit then that’s the guys who did it I would bet.

Yea forsure

Wondering if Park county released the bolo information knowing they had the suspects car spotted by a witness. But they didn’t want the suspect to know they knew. And then the media got ahold of the bolo and then that was given to the general public and Park county then down played it because they are hoping it doesn’t tip of the suspect?

He's not a suspect. At least in the normal sense. Anything is possible

He was one of the first people to be interviewed at the scene. He's the one that made the 911 call and I've heard that he lost all of his belongings in the fire and has been displaced.

Iv'e been trying to call him through family members, but I think he is wants to be under the radar at this moment.

That's all I can say.

Walter, is it true that the renter of the attic apt works in a marijuana grow house not too far from the Long's ranch? Just wondering if it is a possibility that the suspects may have thought there was a stash of marijuana there, and maybe he was the intended target? Or possibly a former guest of the tenant? Do you know if this is any angle that the cops are looking at?

Walter, is it true that the renter of the attic apt works in a marijuana grow house not too far from the Long's ranch? Just wondering if it is a possibility that the suspects may have thought there was a stash of marijuana there, and maybe he was the intended target? Or possibly a former guest of the tenant? Do you know if this is any angle that the cops are looking at?

I know who this person is. I don't believe this person was a target. A innocent bystander, a victim of this incident.

Can't say anymore.

I believe he works at a commercial marijuana place. Not a grow house.

My gut feeling is they went to the longs on purpose to rob the place because they knew there was a lot of cash there or something. They had to have inside intel. It wasn’t random and I don’t belive the guy living upstairs was the target.

I believe he works at a commercial marijuana place. Not a grow house.

My gut feeling is they went to the longs on purpose to rob the place because they knew there was a lot of cash there or something. They had to have inside intel. It wasn’t random and I don’t belive the guy living upstairs was the target.

"The Happy Camper currently has a Park County Marijuana License for a retail cultivation facility, retail store, and infused products manufacturing."---from county records.

So, retail "cultivation" would mean

cul·ti·vateˈkəltəˌvāt/
verb

prepare and use (land) for crops or gardening.
    synonyms:
    till, plow, dig, hoe, farm, work, fertilize, mulch, weed

They definitely grow there.

The Long family wasn't in the MJ industry, were they?

The Long family is not registered in Park County under any commercial, medical or grow house licenses.

Associated with another license holder, I don't know.

Statewide, I don't know.

I cover the marijuana beat in Park County. I would know if they had a license directly listed in their name.

Most people on this thread are looking far and wide for an answer.

My tip, look within.

"The Happy Camper currently has a Park County Marijuana License for a retail cultivation facility, retail store, and infused products manufacturing."---from county records.

So, retail "cultivation" would mean

cul·ti·vateˈkəltəˌvāt/
verb

prepare and use (land) for crops or gardening.
    synonyms:
    till, plow, dig, hoe, farm, work, fertilize, mulch, weed

They definitely grow there.

Yes. But It’s what I called a “commercial place.” Its a commercial building open to the public.

It’s not a “grow house” out of a residential house.

The Long family is not registered in Park County under any commercial, medical or grow house licenses.

Associated with another license holder, I don't know.

Statewide, I don't know.

I cover the marijuana beat in Park County. I would know if they had a license directly listed in their name.

Most people on this thread are looking far and wide for an answer.

My tip, look within.

Thank you for the swift reply. I was just eliminating a possible motive for a robbery. (Not the MJ but the cash, since most banks won't touch MJ businesses due to federal laws.)

The Long family wasn't in the MJ industry, were they?

Not to my knowledge. I think they had their hands full with the 2 restaurants, but Walter said they own 4 businesses in Park County, although after a search of the Secretary of State business data base using the father's name only, I'm only finding one business entity that is in good standing, and it is the one that the restaurants are operated under.

Yes. But It’s what I called a “commercial place.” Its a commercial building open to the public.

It’s not a “grow house” out of a residential house.

Some "grow house" as you call them are commercial.

A medical marijuana caregiver can work out of his/her house.

There are regulated to having five )or did they change that to six) plants growing for each patient they are "care giving."

At the same time, they cannot have more than a 150 square foot place that is growing the marijuana.

And "grow house" is sort of interchangeable with a commercial business.

And we have grow house that are not commercial, as they don't sell to the public, only to the industry.

Park County has more marijuana related businesses than most rural counties.

Commercial grows, industry grows, medical and retail stores, caregivers working out of their homes and a good number of illegal grows on property. That includes hash extraction, edible infusing and cultivated marijuana.

It's complicated, I know.

Not to my knowledge. I think they had their hands full with the 2 restaurants, but Walter said they own 4 businesses in Park County, although after a search of the Secretary of State business data base using the father's name only, I'm only finding one business entity that is in good standing, and it is the one that the restaurants are operated under.

They had two restaurants in Park County, one has been closed for about four months. They also had the liquor store. I don't know what they had/have downhill or across the rest of the state.

The family has had numerous businesses over the years.

None of my information indicats that there were involved in the legal marijuana business.

Some "grow house" as you call them are commercial.

A medical marijuana caregiver can work out of his/her house.

There are regulated to having five )or did they change that to six) plants growing for each patient they are "care giving."

At the same time, they cannot have more than a 150 square foot place that is growing the marijuana.

And "grow house" is sort of interchangeable with a commercial business.

And we have grow house that are not commercial, as they don't sell to the public, only to the industry.

Park County has more marijuana related businesses than most rural counties.

Commercial grows, industry grows, medical and retail stores, caregivers working out of their homes and a good number of illegal grows on property. That includes hash extraction, edible infusing and cultivated marijuana.

It's complicated, I know.

Yea makes sense. But bottom line is the Longs didn’t have their hands in mj grows (to the best of your knowledge)

I’m guessing they had a bunch of money at the house. And someone that knew them knew this.

I thought I must be a disgruntled ex-employee. I also.think they know exactly who it is but can't find him.

AND I think that he (they) wasn't (weren't) aware there was an upstairs tenant.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If the ML knew and could identify the perp, then there's an added reason to kill her. (Thinking "in" instead of "out.")

Hmm, look within. I've heard that the Long's availed themselves of the chain migration opportunities and did bring other family members over from Cambodia (?). I wonder if anyone could enlighten us as to who all exactly lived in the main house or in the cabin (or mother-in-law's house, as I've seen it called.) We know there was one renter in the attic apt, where there any other "rental" spaces on the property? Any extended family also living there?

If the ML knew and could identify the perp, then there's an added reason to kill her. (Thinking "in" instead of "out.")

I've been thinking the same thing...that Maggie would have been able to identify the suspect.

Other possibilities....her 2 sisters were older than her....possibly a former friend/boyfriend of theirs that had been inside the home before?

I do not believe this was a case of Maggie meeting up with a boy or anything like that. From those that know her, Maggie was a straight arrow, devoting her time to school activities, working at the family restaurants, and getting straight A's. Anything is possible, but I just don't think that was it...especially that night, as she had put a lot of time and effort into the concert and had said she would be right back...so I just don't think she had some secret meet-up with a boyfriend. Just my opinion.

It was reported that guns and ammo were stolen from the home and if so is the ATF helping in the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro