Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THe description of suspect that was leaked said it was a 20 year old white male. Might have to look at friends of the children in the family if you want to figure this case out. Just sayin. There is no doubt in my mind that Maggie knew the person who killed her. Arguing and throwing things. I don’t think she felt like they would hurt her or why would she be arguing? Someone was there with a specific purpose - I’m guessing money for drugs. I think the cops know who did this and that’s why they are saying there is no threat to the community. Time will tell. Prayers for the family and community.
Sometimes people boast about what their parents have or own they don't do it intentionally they just chitter chatter and just occasionally there is someone with a less than a desirable personality that will listen in and take advantage of the information they overhear.

If this was the case with Maggie whoever was in the house possible did not expect her home. Nor did they make enough noise to disturb the upstairs tenant if s/he was at home when the person entered the premises. The tenant upstairs must have been at home because they heard the shouting and throwing of things later also reported the fire. I am in agreement with @Inquiringmind68 This person or persons know the comings and goings of the family and the return home of Maggie was out of sync and not expected. BTW I live in similar circumstances to the tenant and understand there are things you notice and things you don't.

KR
Reacher

It could be that a family argument was not out of the norm and the tenant didn't take notice until it became more serious.

Just reading a post on another page from someone who knows the renter...says the renter left the Sheriff's office wearing garbage bags...which tells me that they took his clothing, hopefully to run some tests on them. I'm not quite ready to rule out the renter's involvement.

Sometimes people boast about what their parents have or own they don't do it intentionally they just chitter chatter and just occasionally there is someone with a less than a desirable personality that will listen in and take advantage of the information they overhear.

If this was the case with Maggie whoever was in the house possible did not expect her home. Nor did they make enough noise to disturb the upstairs tenant if s/he was at home when the person entered the premises. The tenant upstairs must have been at home because they heard the shouting and throwing of things later also reported the fire. I am in agreement with @Inquiringmind68 This person or persons know the comings and goings of the family and the return home of Maggie was out of sync and not expected. BTW I live in similar circumstances to the tenant and understand there are things you notice and things you don't.

KR
Reacher

Expanding on that....Wouldn't the tenant notice a strange vehicle in the driveway?

Do we know that ML was the only person home that afternoon? (Besides the upstairs renter.) Were there any other family members in the home that we know of?

There has been no information released on who was home. One source stated that her parents were in Denver. Another stated that they were at work at the family business in Pine Junction.

There has been no information released on who was home. One source stated that her parents were in Denver. Another stated that they were at work at the family business in Pine Junction.

Her little brother was seen at the concert that night, but not sure where he was from the time school got out until the concert started (2:30pm - 7pm)

This is an exerpt from the Fairplay Flume e edition.

http://www.theflume.com/free_conten...11e7-bc63-d3e7c1dd804f.html#user-comment-area

"PSCO Undersheriff Wohlers posted a comment, Saturday, Dec. 2, on the PSCO Facebook page that stated, “On-scene investigation is wrapped up. Cause and origin of the fire is inconclusive. Suspicious because of where the concentration of the fire is at. Something there is not consistent. Not aware of anything marijuana-related regarding the fire. No suspects. Investigators are looking into any possible involvement with the missing girl. This is a family residence of hers, but possibly not her permanent home. Still no sign of her, no body at the fire scene.”

Why would the Under Sheriff think that this might not be ML's permanant home?

This is an exerpt from the Fairplay Flume e edition.

http://www.theflume.com/free_conten...11e7-bc63-d3e7c1dd804f.html#user-comment-area

"PSCO Undersheriff Wohlers posted a comment, Saturday, Dec. 2, on the PSCO Facebook page that stated, “On-scene investigation is wrapped up. Cause and origin of the fire is inconclusive. Suspicious because of where the concentration of the fire is at. Something there is not consistent. Not aware of anything marijuana-related regarding the fire. No suspects. Investigators are looking into any possible involvement with the missing girl. This is a family residence of hers, but possibly not her permanent home. Still no sign of her, no body at the fire scene.”

Why would the Under Sheriff think that this might not be ML's permanant home?

See, that makes no sense---> "Still no sign of her, no body at the fire scene."

Why would they not correct this? Why would they not say that a body has been found, but they won't release a name until the coroner has positively identified the victim?

Did they think maybe that they had a better chance smoking the perpetrator out if the perp thought she survived? (i.e., that he wasn't facing a murder charge?)

I was referring to the post made on the Park County SO Facebook page where those quotes from the UnderSheriff originated.
Yes....the news article is still there.
The UnderSheriff made those comments on their FB page and then later removed them.

This struck me as odd the first time I heard it. . . .any thoughts on what this meant?: "Suspicious because of where the concentration of the fire is at."

Maybe it is just referring to it being in an area where there were no electrical appliances or items that would have started the fire. Like in the center of a room.

This struck me as odd the first time I heard it. . . .any thoughts on what this meant?: "Suspicious because of where the concentration of the fire is at."

Welcome!! :loveyou:

I reckon that you expect house fires to happen in the kitchen, or where something electrical might overheat or short out, or near a fireplace or chimney. So a fire in the middle of the room with no one nearby would be suspicious. MOO

Which brings up the point: except for the sheriff's statement that they are investigating this as a homicide, this death might have been accidental. For example, ML comes home to change clothes for the concert; puts clothes too close to a space heater and gets in the shower; the clothes start smoking heavily and eventually catch fire; ML gets out of the shower, starts screaming and throwing things around to try to put the fire out; she is overcome by smoke, passes out and dies of smoke inhalation.

They have not stated if there was an accelerant used that I have seen, but one of the items mentioned that was taken from the home is a gas can.

My assumption is that an accelerant was used, which causes unusual burn patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro