Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the person who made the 911 call actually committed this crime... the guy living upstairs? He set the fire before making the call and there really wasn't anyone yelling but he had to say that to make it look like someone else was in the house.

Although with this theory, the whole van and BOLO thing would have to be bullocks (LE trying to make him think he got away with it) orrrrr he had an accomplice.

It's so hard to follow this case with the information being all over the place from the very start. But I do think LE knows who did this.

The Emily Keyes murder will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Yes, the Emily Keyes murder was a wake up call for Bailey and other foothills communities. We don't have many murders at all, considering we are, in effect, a Denver bedroom community. There were a few in the county over the last 20 years or so.

There were some high school kids who killed a family in Guffey in the early 2000's, I seem to recall another murder in Guffey the same week. Guffey is tiny, probably less than 75 residents, so that was weird. We wondered if that was going to be the "end of the innocence" for our piece of Colorado.

About ten years ago, a young college student was randomly murdered on Salt Creek (a favorite place of mine to bike and hike). It was then that my wife and I decided that we should be armed in the wilderness (or more appropriately, the forest).

Bailey also had a gunfight between the sheriffs office and a (possibly mentally unstable) squatter. That resulted in a dead deputy and suspect. A few deputies were also wounded. The sheriff's office has come under some scrutiny concerning decisions leading up to the shooting/ambush as well as after the event. Some locals feel as though a coverup occurred.

A young man from Fairplay, the county seat, was murdered by his ex-girlfriend and family. That was a few years ago, I don't recall any others, though I am sure I missed a few. Of course, we also dealt with the horrible events at the High School where we lost Emily Keyes.

Each one of these crimes was met with disbelief, and hope that our mountains are not seeing the "end of the innocence". But the ML murder may actually be the end. It feels like the end is coming up the hill...

Maybe the person who made the 911 call actually committed this crime... the guy living upstairs? He set the fire before making the call and there really wasn't anyone yelling but he had to say that to make it look like someone else was in the house.

Although with this theory, the whole van and BOLO thing would have to be bullocks (LE trying to make him think he got away with it) orrrrr he had an accomplice.

It's so hard to follow this case with the information being all over the place from the very start. But I do think LE knows who did this.
I have thought the same thing. But, didn’t they say some guns were stolen? That throws it off too. Maybe he was supplying someone else with info about the family house.

I have thought the same thing. But, didn’t they say some guns were stolen? That throws it off too. Maybe he was supplying someone else with info about the family house.

My article tomorrow will address some new info about the guns, which will surprise everyone. This info has not been reported anywhere.

But I won't be able to post a link to our website until probably Saturday. That's when our web guru will have the story up for public consumption.

It will be on this side of the paywall, so you don't need a subscription to read it.

My article tomorrow will address some new info about the guns, which will surprise everyone. This info has not been reported anywhere.

But I won't be able to post a link to our website until probably Saturday. That's when our web guru will have the story up for public consumption.

It will be on this side of the paywall, so you don't need a subscription to read it.
Thanks Walter. I will wait on that info before I consider any theories.
I’m not putting too much credence in the van sighting. Could be a red herring

I am more interested in getting to the truth of a brutally murdered 17 year year old girl than I am a cliff hanger for a local paper.
The truth is important and I have already read a few untruths here Walter.

I am more interested in getting to the truth of a brutally murdered 17 year year old girl than I am a cliff hanger for a local paper.
I don't understand why you wouldn't want to know that this article is coming out. There is absolutely no new information on this case from any other source. The fact that Walker is local and does his research is very much appreciated by me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm not writing cliff hangers. As a weekly, I can't get the info to the public any quicker than I can. If I come up with new information, then I can publish it in the next issue.

I'm not trying to solve the case, that is basically the job of LE.

My job is to get information to the public and be an eye on our public officials.

I'm not sure what you are expect from me, I'm only doing what I can, what a journalist usually does, and if I should come up with an answer, I would certainly share it with LE and the public.

When I publish the article, it's your choice to read it or not.

But I assure you, it's a real cliffhanger :)

I don't understand why you wouldn't want to know that this article is coming out. There is absolutely no new information on this case from any other source. The fact that Walker is local and does his research is very much appreciated by me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Of course I am interested in the article. I just need to trust the information in the article as fact and that might be in question for me. I am also a local living in that community every day and we are fearful of our safety. A well loved 17 year old girl has been brutally murdered in our community and our Sheriff's Dept is playing fast and loose with information and misinformation. I have seen things posted here that I KNOW to be untrue so that unfortunately taints all the information.
As a local community member.....I would think that the truth and information to the public should trump newspaper teasers. JMO.
I simply weigh any additional information at this point with a grain of salt.

I hope you won't mind if I thank you for your information on Thursday. In the meantime....we will all just sit here and be fearful.

Of course I am interested in the article. I just need to trust the information in the article as fact and that might be in question for me. I am also a local living in that community every day and we are fearful of our safety. A well loved 17 year old girl has been brutally murdered in our community and our Sheriff's Dept is playing fast and loose with information and misinformation. I have seen things posted here that I KNOW to be untrue so that unfortunately taints all the information.
As a local community member.....I would think that the truth and information to the public should trump newspaper teasers. JMO.

Are you saying Walter has been posting incorrect information? If so, be specific and explain why it's wrong.

If you're seeing things from anyone else, it's all speculation and opinions , and not to be meant to be taken as fact.

Walter's job is running a newspaper. It is his profession so I understand that you would prefer to have the info right now but he is essentially doing his job. In a community this small, I doubt that it is the most lucrative profession or enterprise so we are fortunate to still have a newspaper in the county and if we lose our paper, we won't have a Walter Newton that is monitoring scanner feeds and devoting a great deal of his time and energy to helping release information to the community and keep an extra set of eyes on PCSO. Then we will be left with the seemingly misleading information and the silence we have received from the sheriff's office.

I’m glad you have taken the time to join us here Walter. Your contributions are most appreciated.

It looks like I made a mistake when I said I gave the audio of the BOLO to "all mountain social media sites."

After I received the audio from a source, I did distribute it to a number of news organizations, but one of our mountain blogs had acquired the audio, not from me, but from my source.

I have already apologized to both my source and to the blog in question.

I understand what Walters job is. I have known him a very long time.
This is a trust issue.
I am going to bow out here and let Walter take back his stage.
Thank you to all for your clever minds and thoughtful ideas.
It has helped immensely to help me as well as others pursue anything that looks like the truth.

Thanks for your input here at websleuths on this case, Walter.
Do you know anything about the safe?
I have a safe that cannot be moved by one person, alone, they can be quite heavy. For all we know, there could be several people involved, IMO. The possibility of lots of cash in the home safe along with the expensive guns and ammo made them a target, I believe.

INVESTIGATORS: NO SUSPECT IN PARK COUNTY TEEN'S HOMICIDE
At the same time, Wohlers said that the task force believes some weapons may be missing from the girl’s family home, including an AK47 rifle, 2,000 rounds of ammunition and a 9mm Beretta handgun.
It is also believed a large green safe may have been stolen.

Thanks for your input here at websleuths on this case, Walter.
Do you know anything about the safe?
I have a safe that cannot be moved by one person, alone, they can be quite heavy. For all we know, there could be several people involved, IMO. The possibility of lots of cash in the home safe and several guns and ammo, too, made them a target, I believe.

INVESTIGATORS: NO SUSPECT IN PARK COUNTY TEEN'S HOMICIDE

There wasn't never a mention of a safe. Someone on here posted that, but they were wrong.

The BOLO said "a large case." it never mentioned a safe.

If that got translated to a "safe," either here or on local media, it's wrong

There wasn't never a mention of a safe. Someone on here posted that, but they were wrong.

The BOLO said "a large case." it never mentioned a safe.

If that got translated to a "safe," either here or on local media, it's wrong

My quote is from the NBC 9 News story which I linked.
I assumed they are a credible source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member