Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There wasn't never a mention of a safe. Someone on here posted that, but they were wrong.

The BOLO said "a large case." it never mentioned a safe.

If that got translated to a "safe," either here or on local media, it's wrong

I was looking over the statement made by Wohlers in the downhill media, and 9News does use the term "large green safe."

But as far as all my other notes on Wohlers statements, I don't have a "large green safe."

9News has had a number of inaccurate statements during this investigation, going off of supposed comments than actual comments.

Realize I may be wrong. I can call Wohlers tomorrow and find out it he really said that, but at the same time, he may not answer.

It appears to me, in my very few conversations with him over the last week, that he is sort of walking back some of his statements.

But I will call him on that, can't be assured if he will even answer me.

I was looking over the statement made by Wohlers in the downhill media, and 9News does use the term "large green safe."

But as far as all my other notes on Wohlers statements, I don't have a "large green safe."

9News has had a number of inaccurate statements during this investigation, going off of supposed comments than actual comments.

Realize I may be wrong. I can call Wohlers tomorrow and find out it he really said that, but at the same time, he may not answer.

It appears to me, in my very few conversations with him over the last week, that he is sort of walking back some of his statements.

But I will call him on that, can't be assured if he will even answer me.

A "large green safe" is very specific.
It certainly would establish motive, if true.

Agreed. So I will call Wholers tomorrow and find out if he really used that language.

The BOLO didn't use that language, so that would make me think that it's possible he didn't.

Don't know for sure.

I'll see if I can find out.

Not promising anything.

I called him for a statement for tomorrow's article, and his statement was as about generic as they come.

Possibly. Who told them a "large green safe" or a "large case?"

Someone at the scene?

Was anyone else at the scene except the renter upstairs in the attic apartment?

I understand what Walters job is. I have known him a very long time.
This is a trust issue.
I am going to bow out here and let Walter take back his stage.
Thank you to all for your clever minds and thoughtful ideas.
It has helped immensely to help me as well as others pursue anything that looks like the truth.

"Now that I've made everyone question if the one media source in the area is credible, I'll bow out."

Sigh.

"Now that I've made everyone question if the one media source in the area is credible, I'll bow out."

Sigh.

Jbean is a good person.

Her comments are due to the fact that I made a mistake in attributing where the BOLO audio went to.

Like I said before in this thread, I said I gave it to "all mountain social media."

That was false, I did not give ti to a certain social site, and that's what the problem is.

I already apologized to Jbean and the owner of a certain site.

I don't know what else I can do.

Those apologies don't seem to be enough at this point. That's my impression by some offline (from Web Sleuths) conversations I had with the two offended entities.

Possibly. Who told them a "large green safe" or a "large case?"

Someone at the scene?

Was anyone else at the scene except the renter upstairs in the attic apartment?
I’m picking up what your laying down Walter

I’m new to this thread, but unless they have determined the cause of death when an investigator says "Suspicious because of where the concentration of the fire is at." It usually means the fire was set intentionally to cover up a crime. If their was a safe or something of that nature missing...my guess is ML interrupted a robbery, was shot or simply killed in another fashion which would indicate murder (strangulation or stabbing etc..) and the fire was set to conceal the body and destroy any evidence like dna or fingerprints...

But that’s just my opinion... does anyone know if any further information about the suspect has been reported? If the family was targeted, is it safe to assume it could have been the work of a disgruntled ex-employee or someone angry with the family? In a town that small it seems highly unlikely it was a stranger off the street, not to mention the rural location of the home...[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"At 10:59 Thursday, Dec. 7, The Flume received a press release from the Park County Sheriff’s Office informing the public that missing 17-year-old Maggie Long’s body was found in the her parents burned-out house."

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wish I could share more, but, I have fact that still need to be sourced. I sort of approach this journalism thing honestly.
It can be a tough place, huh. I've had more than one situation where I knew information that I couldn't reveal - in one case for my own safety. In all of those cases it was difficult emotionally for me to reconcile what I knew with how the person/situation was perceived in the community. Sometimes "knowing things" can really suck.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

*errored in what I said & can't figure out how to delete on my phone*

I have been down with the flu for around a week, I've missed a lot on here.
Have you heard anything new?

I have a few questions, I don't know if you can answer or not?

The people who saw the van leaving the Long Ranch, do you know what time that was?

Was the tenant in his apartment the entire time? (Say 3-7pm) or did he get home later?
Did he see the van or the intruder?
I thought he must not have known Maggie was home, but of course I'm not sure.

Do you know how long it took police to arrive after he called?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

O.K. Where's the "cliffhanger" that Walt promised us?

O.K. Where's the "cliffhanger" that Walt promised us?

I think he said he didn't "write cliffhangers" - but also, see post 444. Can't read it until Saturday. So, if you're waiting for it, sounds like you have to hang off the edge of this cliff until then.

or you know, go do other productive stuff. =)

I think he said he didn't "write cliffhangers" - but also, see post 444. Can't read it until Saturday. So, if you're waiting for it, sounds like you have to hang off the edge of this cliff until then.

or you know, go do other productive stuff. =)

But what about the "Thursday" press time? Or, maybe I am confused. At any rate, cliff hanging is my natural habitat, owing to my own actions!

But what about the "Thursday" press time? Or, maybe I am confused. At any rate, cliff hanging is my natural habitat, owing to my own actions!

I think he said it would be online on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member