Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible they received an inheritance from deceased parents/family that allowed them to purchase the home and businesses?

Sure, such an occurrence is well with in the realm of possibility.

.I think, however, that the possibility of an "off record" owner(s) regarding the home is more likely though. This is especially so with the presence of a tenant and the possibility of multiple heirs to an inheritance and correspondingly smaller inheritances.

So a second gate, would seem to indicate that someone fenced off the meadow for the ability to have livestock or horses in that area. I guess if there was no livestock present then the gates could be left open. Still to randomly target a house that has 2 gates seems like too much risk. Even if the gates were open when they arrived, how would you know that no one would come home and close them creating a 2 gate obstacle to getting back to the road to get away.

What are the other homes in the area like? This home is evidently large and usually indicative of a higher income.

If it stands out in the area, it may attract meth fueled burglars looking for a "big score" and thus willing to take more risks regarding gates etc.

It looks and seems like this is going to turn into a cold case. I started another thread on here years ago about my husband's cousin "Jakeob McKnight" (cold case) Please chime in and add your thoughts and views. #justiceforjakeobmcknight #justiceformaggielong

That's what the BOLO said as well, doesn't that seem odd.
What seems odd? I would think a young person would rent an attic apartment, not a family. It's probably smaller and you're living right above a family which is sometimes weird.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rentals are hard to come by these days. It might have been a perfect situation if the family was rarely there.

[h=1]Maggie Long’s Celebration of Life draws many community members[/h]http://www.theflume.com/free_content/article_a2904814-e722-11e7-b0c7-033144681507.html

[h=1]District Attorney will not release any records on Maggie Long case[/h]http://www.theflume.com/free_content/article_67ca3b5a-e73a-11e7-9d40-2f9528003cb6.html

So, the Coroner was brought in that evening. They knew they had a body yet the public was told there was "no body at the fire scene" What does everyone make of that?

I completely disagree, Bill. A young lady within our community has been murdered! Until her killer has been found and brought to justice, this thread should NOT be closed! Her community won't rest until there is JUSTICE FOR MAGGIE!!

Welcome Around The Bend :)

:welcome4:

(*And don't worry about this thread closing. We see our cases to the end here! The trials, etc...)

I wish we'd hear something!

This does not feel cold to ke, at all. Quite the opposite. It feels like they know exactly who and what's up and are getting their evidence in order. I could be wrong, but that's what it feels like, to me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This does not feel cold to ke, at all. Quite the opposite. It feels like they know exactly who and what's up and are getting their evidence in order. I could be wrong, but that's what it feels like, to me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I hope that’s the case. The silence is deafening...

LE, the family, and the community are *all* silent which is very unusual in case like this IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Websleuths. When you've been around a while like I have, you'll learn that once the media cycle has been completed, that news is rare, and we do our sleuthin' on the news articles because rules forbid us from repeating things said on social media and from sleuthing family members and people who have not been named suspects. Now, hopefully Walter will have something in his local weekly paper for us to peruse. But other than that, you might as while kick your shoes off because it's going to be a long wait for any meaningful news.

MOO

Media has a funny way of being reignited when needed, and quiet media doesn't mean that progress towards an arrest and justice isn't being made, as many of us here have seen over a number of years.

There's no need for the thread to be closed at all, you just never know when someone will go over old info or come up with new info that starts new discussion.

Thank you! It is nice to know that the thread will continue.

I do have a question. If this is still an active investigation, then why was there a moving truck, police officers and a couple other vehicles, at the end of her driveway, on CR 43 Friday night? They drove away about 9:15pm. Wouldn’t you think that the house and area would be sealed?

I do have a question. If this is still an active investigation, then why was there a moving truck, police officers and a couple other vehicles, at the end of her driveway, on CR 43 Friday night? They drove away about 9:15pm. Wouldn’t you think that the house and area would be sealed?
Well that's interesting. Although, it kinda sounds to me like a tenant was retrieving their things. And because it is sealed they needed police to accompany them?

They don't seal houses/areas. Once they feel they have everything, they turn them loose.

About 25 miles away from Bailey, just over Kenosha Pass in South Park, it is snowing on Christmas morning. It's beautiful down here, and we wanted to send some love out to the Long family, and our neighbors and friends in Bailey. Also if anyone is curious about Park County, there is a show on oxygen called homicide for the holidays, that is on right now, that is about another infamous murder here in Park County. It's about the Dutcher family in Guffey. You can get a view of tight lipped Sheriff wegener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member