Found Deceased CO - Natalie Bollinger, 19, Broomfield, 28 Dec 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it was an OD & they're going to try to charge whomever(s) gave her the drugs with her death?
Maybe she od'd & the person took off because they didn't want to get in trouble?
Maybe that's what they mean by this was an isolated incident & there's no one out there that's going to go on a killing spree (paraphrased)?
Maybe they went to get high there & she died, so whomever(s) just left her?

"The Possible Criminal Charges For Giving Drugs To A Friend/Acquaintance Who Later Dies

As noted – giving drugs to a person – rather than selling them – falls under the same law. Distribution is broadly defined under the law as “delivering… a controlled substance, with or without remuneration.” Prosecutions of the people who gave drugs to someone who died, while not common, can happen.

Clearly possession, or possession with intent to distribute, is the most commonly charged offense in this situation. However, more and more, Colorado’s District Attorneys are prosecuting the persons who sell, trade or just “give” drugs to someone who overdoses with crimes that are much more serious.

Possible Crimes That Can be Charged For Giving Drugs To Someone Who Later Dies

If the intent is to cause the death of another – First Degree Murder.
Knowing that the person you have given drugs to will die from them – Second Degree Murder
If the act was reckless or negligent – Manslaughter
First, Second and Third degree assaults maybe charged if the person does not die.
Some of the kinds of drugs commonly shared these days are “Suboxone,” methadone, Molly (MDMA),heroin, and all manner of “pharm” from the drug cabinets of the parents of young people."

https://www.colorado-drug-crimes-lawyer.com/frequently-asked-questions-on-colorado-drug-crimes-law-and-defense/colorado-criminal-law-giving-drugs-to-someone-you-know-dangerous-risky

I wonder if it was an OD & they're going to try to charge whomever(s) gave her the drugs with her death?
Maybe she od'd & the person took off because they didn't want to get in trouble?
Maybe that's what they mean by this was an isolated incident & there's no one out there that's going to go on a killing spree (paraphrased)?

"The Possible Criminal Charges For Giving Drugs To A Friend/Acquaintance Who Later Dies

As noted – giving drugs to a person – rather than selling them – falls under the same law. Distribution is broadly defined under the law as “delivering… a controlled substance, with or without remuneration.” Prosecutions of the people who gave drugs to someone who died, while not common, can happen.

Clearly possession, or possession with intent to distribute, is the most commonly charged offense in this situation. However, more and more, Colorado’s District Attorneys are prosecuting the persons who sell, trade or just “give” drugs to someone who overdoses with crimes that are much more serious.

Knowing that the person you have given drugs to will die from them – Second Degree Murder
First, Second and Third degree assaults maybe charged if the person does not die.
Some of the kinds of drugs commonly shared these days are “Suboxone,” methadone, Molly (MDMA),heroin, and all manner of “pharm” from the drug cabinets of the parents of young people."

https://www.colorado-drug-crimes-la...ing-drugs-to-someone-you-know-dangerous-risky

Yes. I believe some form of OD as well

https://www.colorado-drug-crimes-la...ing-drugs-to-someone-you-know-dangerous-risky

But haven't they said that it was murder?

I don’t think this was an OD personally. I think they would have waited until an autopsy and official ID was confirmed before announcing it was a homicide investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am new to this case. Just turned on the press conference.

So...she was last heard from at 1pm Thursday and then reported missing at 3:30 that same day? Who reported her missing and how did they realize she was missing after such a short amount of time?

Sounds like they definitely have a suspect or maybe more. He said no threat to the public. He is pretty confident.

So...she was last heard from at 1pm Thursday and then reported missing at 3:30 that same day? Who reported her missing and how did they realize she was missing after such a short amount of time?

I thought he said 26 hours

I feel like this guy needs to just stop talking and end this press conference now.

We’re not sure why they considered her missing so quick.

We’re not sure why they considered her missing so quick.

He ended up responding to a question about it. Basically a friend or family member (I'm not sure who) reported her missing because it was so out of character for her to not be in contact or seen on social media for 2.5 hours.

Very odd.

Yea...something is off there. She never takes a nap or shower? 2.5 hours not being on social media is not a reason to report someone missing.

Basically they have a good idea of who was involved but will not name any suspects at this time. No one in custody but they do not feel that this person is at risk of harming the community.

I couldn’t hear a lot of the questions. I wanted someone to ask about suicide or drugs but I couldn’t hear if they did

He ended up responding to a question about it. Basically a friend or family member (I'm not sure who) reported her missing because it was so out of character for her to not be in contact or seen on social media for 2.5 hours.

Very odd.

I agree - very odd.
Typically LE doesn’t act so quickly. I’m not buying no SM activity for 2.5 hours as the reason.

They also said they are combing through social media to see what is factual and what is not.

They have interviewed several people

They knew it was her body but could not officially announce it until the coroner made it official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc