Found Deceased CO - Natalie Bollinger, 19, Broomfield, 28 Dec 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but I'm not so sure about that. It seems she may have already obtained the permanent RO against him days before her disappearance but days after he was due in court on possible criminal charges for harassment and stalking. I'm not sure. It's hard to tell from her posts.

The restraining order became permanent on Dec 22nd I believe, off of the top of my head. There was a mix up of dates in the beginning of this investigation

I just emerged from the darkness of the FB groups dedicated to this case and just want say how nice it is to return to Websleuths where it's not insane.

:worms:

The kidnapping and car theft were not in msm afaik. It was heard on the police scanner on 1/3/18 and then arrests were looked up. A local sleuther said the cases were related to this one but said LE is tight lipped about them.

IMO from what I’ve been reading recently, it’s possible that she was taken from her apartment, left all belongings behind, and was shot in the head. I think it was either known who was coming for her, or someone could have heard her being taken, hence the urgency of the missing persons report and the police involvement. Just my opinion based on compiling things out there. I do think drugs were a cause of this, either directly or indirectly.

I just emerged from the darkness of the FB groups dedicated to this case and just want say how nice it is to return to Websleuths where it's not insane.

Yes. Yes. It’s strange how open her family has been with details. I’m surprised LE doesn’t stop it.

And, if we are going to use Natalie’s words for everything, she absolutely said-on the restraining order post-that she now felt safe. Her words vs our interpretation of events.

No person who has a RO against another person should feel that safe. That's naive. A RO is just a piece of paper. It's not a force field.

No person who has a RO against another person should feel that safe. That's naive. A RO is just a piece of paper. It's not a force field.

Yup. They are a false sense of security. If the person is crazy enough to require a RO against them, then they are definitely not going to be stopped by a piece of paper.

And often it escalates violence. It is terrifying.

We're you able to see the complaint for the restraining order? I was wondering what was going on. It was enough for a permanent order, so it had to be pretty compelling stuff .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here is the case detail from the protection order case from the Colorado Courts website.

attachment.php

Thank you so much for that! Lots of detail.

Im interested in the transcript request on 1-4-18. I'm betting LE requested a transcript of the hearing.

The restraining order became permanent on Dec 22nd I believe, off of the top of my head. There was a mix up of dates in the beginning of this investigation

Thanks for that. Do you know what this other date was supposed to be for that was mentioned?

Ugh. I don't even bother. It's too cuckoo.

Stalkers tend to fixate on one victim and are often only dangerous to one victim at a time.

In any event, we've seen suspects bonded out on cases previously. More typically, we've also seen obviously guilty parties remain free for months or years before arrested for murder. But I do agree that if they can, LE and the DA will try to keep a suspect jailed and discuss their suspect status while bond is being set.

But sometimes a suspect is more valuable to an investigation free than behind bars. SS talks A LOT. He posts a ton of info and statements. That can be valuable if they're looking at him to fill in some blanks.

Is he the one who did this? Oh I can't say 100%. I almost never can or do on any case because there are always exceptions to rules. But I can certainly state that it is logical for him to be the number one suspect. And here's some of what we know that makes that the case, IMO:

1. He is the only person that Natalie, in her own words, and via confirmation by LE, sought protection from, for stalking, in the days leading up to her disappearance.

2. There are no reports from Natalie or LE of anyone else threatening her, harming her or attempting to harm her in the days or weeks leading up to her disappearance.

3. This is being investigated as a homicide, not suicide and it does not seem to be associated with a drug overdose as some have tried to suggest. How do we know? Well, it is true that sometimes dealers or people witnessing an overdose are arrested for homicides associated with drug overdoses. That is rare and typically happens when the connection between the deceased and drugs purchased by a specific dealer, is clear, like the person died in their home with them present.

4. SS has not been "cleared" as he and a buddy of his have insisted. If that were true, he would not be listed in a current police report as a "POI". That never seemed logical anyhow so early in the investigation, unless he was actually incarcerated or something at the time of the disappearance and death.

5. SS is listed as a POI in a recent police report, as noted above. LE have stated he is a part of their investigation.

6. SS was uncharacteristically silent on social media for the first 9 hours of the "critical 26 hour time period" after Natalie went silent (1:00 p.m. on, on 12-18-16). Then he posted a subdued announcement that the police had contacted him to say she was missing. Why was he suddenly so quiet and gone from social media during that time period? It was from 1:00 p.m. to almost 10:00 p.m. Where was he? What was he doing? After posting successive rants the night before until 2:26 a.m. when he probably fell asleep, he posted nothing during the daytime, afternoon or evening hours. Why? And why isn't this troubling for those who are sure he couldn't be connected to Natalie's death?

7. SS is certainly not too frail at all to have overcome or harmed a tiny, 4'11" young woman, as the police report indicates he took two officers down to the floor.

8. On 12/30/17 at 1:15 p.m., it was reported that a body had been found in a wooded area and was being investigated in connection with Natalie's disappearance. From that time until 5:40 p.m. he posts nothing except a post about someone else's memorial. He remains uncharacteristically silent on social media posting only three posts - two on 12/31 ranting about HIS stress and two on 1/1, including one share about a homeless man dying and another ranting post in which he curses and again blames the world for his problems,as is typical for him.

9. On 1/2/18 at 3:19 p.m., the coroner confirmed the body was Natalie's. SS posted no memorials, no crying over Natalie, nothing expressing grief over her death. Nothing expressing sadness abut the girl he was so "protective" over and "loved" so much, after it was confirmed that the body found in a wooded area was hers. Instead, he posted the following, from that time on:

1/2/18 9:36 a.m., angrily denying his involvement, responding to accusers and cursing at people.
1/2/18 at 10:00 a.m., posts a note about the lack of communication and respect in relationships equaling no love.
1/2/18 at 12:18 p.m. he seems to accuse some other person and tried to get people to post photos of that person.
1/2/18 12:49 p.m. he rants and curses at people and accuses them of only caring because Natalie was pretty.
1/2/18 at 3:02 a.m. he posts a note about how love doesn't isolate.
1/2/18 at 3:35 p.,. he posts a post suggesting several additional people who might have harmed her.
1/2/18 at 4:12 p.m. he posts a meme about homelessness.
1/3/18 at 2:43 a.m. he rants and curses and seems to suggest several people in Natalie's life who were bad guys.
1/3/18 11:38 a.m. he again rants about being a victim and how he is always punished.
1/3/18 at 3:55 p.m.he posts an Amber Alert.
1/3/18 at 7:54 p.m. and 9:24 p.m, he posts two photos of a tile in a floor about how the departed return no more.

There is nothing else for the next 30 hours until he posts lecture about how to treat people on January 5th.Not once is this guy crying or upset or posting his sorrow for Natalie after her death was confirmed.
The only crying that occurred was on 12/29/17 at 1:23 a.m., before a body was reported as found, in a video I found to be quite self-serving, in which he talks about how little money he has and how the small amount he has received is for his disability, but it appears he is offering it to Natalie if she needs a "safe place to stay". No tears after that. Just a lot of silence and gaps and non sequiturs and after a time, a lot of blaming others and ranting lectures against people he seems to consider are harassing him.

Why is that? If he supposedly loved this girl and was so obsessed with her and considered her his only true friend, why no grief for her? And why isn't this troubling to those who feel he could not have done this?

Why? Why isn't this troubling as well?

Gitana thank you so much for posting this. I 100% agree with you. I've been leaning towards SS being responsible for Natalie's death since she went missing, but seeing it all laid out demonstrates even for those who don't believe he is responsible that there is clearly enough there for the police to keep him the number 1 suspect (unless there is info we aren't privy to at this stage that suggests otherwise).

Can't applaud you enough for this summary - it will be a good reference as the case moves forward.

Great assessment Gitana!! If you scroll back far enough- there is "evidence" of at least POTENTIAL prior stalking. MUCH talk of another female abandoning him and taking the "boy" with her. I'm not sure when it occurred and how he would have dealt with the loss at that time? Maybe social media wasn't a thing yet and perhaps that female just got a new phone number and moved on. What I'm getting at is that just because there's no prior record of stalking doesn't mean it didn't occur. Also-- as I'm sure you know-- stalking wasn't taken as seriously until the last few years!

Thanks for your reminder how TERRIFYING it is to have a mentally ill "ex" or otherwise stalking you daily and obsessively tracking your movements and harassing your family and friends. As you stated, these types ARE injustice collectors. It is ALWAYS somebody else's fault. ALWAYS . I also read a lot of SS's posts and felt some measure of sympathy and disbelief. Not that I can't see it being him, but because what IF it wasn't. I think it's just human to feel some empathy for people that have seemingly been abandoned by the system. How easily I forgot that they often DO IT TO THEMSELVES!!

That's exactly what a POI is. Someone who many have info about a case.
But I'm pretty certain he is a suspect as well. Nowadays LE often doesn't divulge that publicly.

I'm not sure who committed this crime. Again, I rarely am in any case because there are always exceptions to any rule. However, I am certain that he's a logical number one suspect.

As to being able to cover up this crime, her body was found pretty quickly. I'd be more impressed if she was disposed of never to be found. The crime was covered up at all. Her body was found and we all know es homicide. But if you mean he'd have to be more competent to keep from confessing or incriminating himself, less functioning guys than he have been able to keep from confessing or incriminating themselves.

And I actually think he's a lot more functional than he may seem. Kind of crazy like a fox.

BBM
This!! This is what I've been talking about as well - noone should be fooled by the self-victimisation, woe is me declarations he makes. Of course it sounds like he's had a rough life, but this guy is absolutely high functioning if the diagnoses he's mentioned are accurate. Don't take this the wrong way, but the way he talks and preaches to his facebook friends (and the public given his posts are public) its like sect/cult leaders talk. He makes proclamations about police, women, society in general that are just full of hate and anger...he antagonises, and he incites violence (even though he keeps saying he doesn't believe in violence unless its self defence).

One thing I thought this morning is that if SS did in fact kill Natalie, he may be laying the ground work or having a go at convincing himself that it was in self defence. Its just interesting that that is his only 'supposed' exception to violence.

https://www..com/a76hu-the-castle
Oh dear lord :facepalm:

The above was posted on SS's facebook page by one of his friends - I think (??) this is for SS? All very cryptic....hmmmm...

Correction: The friend didn't post it...SS shared his friend's link....omg seriously????:gaah:

Regarding Asperger's Syndrome, in the latest version of the DSM, the formerly-separate diagnosis of Asperger's was rolled in with all Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).

One of the key symptoms of ASD are "Special Interests." In fact, it's not just a symptom, it's part of the diagnostic criteria. Here is some good information on the subject:

http://aspiewriter.com/2015/07/autism-and-special-interests.html

Many special interests are harmless: trains, computers, Korean boy bands, etc. But an autistic person can make a special interest out of a person, and that can lead to stalking behaviors.

Also, SS appears to exhibit a textbook case of Borderline Personality Disorder. I urge you to read the following article:

https://organizationalchangesolutio...-borderline-personality-what-could-have-been/

Excerpts (sorry for the length):

"The danger felt by the person with Borderline Personality Disorder motivated by neurotic fear of being found out and facing possible rejection or abandonment, stems from disordered emotional processing and cognition. As a result, the very idea of someone exposing the reality of borderline behavior is a trigger that evokes fear of exposure along with the subsequent fear of abandonment. Consequently, the potential of facing this stress triggers the core issue, the fear of abandonment, isolation, and public exposure to the truth resulting in Borderline Rage."

What could be more abandoning than a Protection Order, the involvement of police, and the inevitable arrest for violation of the Protection Order?

"The behavior following demonstrates an intense feeling of rejection, pain, along with outbursts of anger. Then, neurotic fear triggers defensive mechanisms that try to regain control. Borderline Personality mentalization attempts to paint the world and perception of others with a skewed mental perception of the meaning of life events and others by convincingly re-spinning reality to those around them in a way that matches their own. Resisting this point of view acts as a trigger of behavior sometimes observed bringing borderline rage, acting out, as well as, acting in behaviors from emotional dysregulation resulting from the perceived threats.

"If you are the person who understands the deception and the personality disorder patterns and you decide to challenge the dysregulating behavior patterns, be prepared to become the focused object of rage motivated by irrational belief that you pose a threat for abandonment, social isolation, and rejection. Understand that rage is directed at you because of disordered thinking from BPD in a very personal way that is an attempts to destroy you and disable your voice, to speak credibility to everyone she/he can influence. Something to remember is that in the case of a borderline, the loss of control coupled with the fear of abandonment triggers a heightened level of stress that is unmanageable, which results in unmanageable emotional state that dysregulates. Therefore, emotions, such as panic, heightened compulsivity, and attention-seeking behaviors, result from inability to regulate emotional states. Consequently, a common experience for many BPD’s occurs along with dysregulation and splitting occurs. Then, what was once all good has suddenly become all bad.

"This symptomatic pattern from BPD’s threatened with a feeling of lack of control, or being found out, is the manifestation of anger toward the object of their irrational fear. The irrational fear that BPD mentalization and assignment of meaning causes produces a mental mythology that you are all bad because you do not affirm the skewed beliefs of the world as the borderline views it through their thinking. In the distorted reasoning of a dysregulated Borderline, the identifier endangers their ability to maintain a feeling of control, which in turn triggers emotional dysregulation under the stress. Then, comes the anger, rage, passive aggressive anger focused by the internalized threat upon the person who knows about them and who may expose the undiscovered BPD. Therefore, before assuming responsibility for the rage, pain, and dysfunction, remembers that this is not your fault, it is the product of biological and environmental experiences from Borderline Personality Disorder.

"To understand this more, the behavior pattern of the borderline demonstrates intense fear of being discovered is rooted in an irrational belief that she/he will be abandoned if people really understand who they are and others will stigmatize them, abandon them, and ultimately reject them. The behavior commonly presents the BPD as a wounded child on one side. Among others, behavior can demonstrate acts of striking out; outbursts of anger, using innuendo, accusation that vilifies person perceived to threaten the borderlines need control reality. Meanwhile, the drama is painting a picture of their own victimization by others or events that surround them. Consequently, the picture painted is the image of a wounded child and their innocence in every situation in contrasts with villainizing those who do not comply with the distorted reality constructed BPD perception. As a result, borderline’s are capable of extreme behaviors when they irrational thing results in dysregulated emotions. Typically, Borderlines surround themselves with people, who are largely undiscerning, unaware, many times co-dependent, and capable of easily being influenced by the characterological traits of Borderline Personality Disorder.

"If you are not willing to join the company of the borderline enablers and participate in their plan, then you should expect your life to become very difficult. Borderline behavior toward individuals they cannot manipulate or control often characteristically demonstrates rage, distorted reason, and skewed perception fueled by a firmly held belief that this behavior is justified, correct, and you deserve intense cruel actions. It is because in the skewed perception of the Borderline you are just being mean and viscous to the wounded, innocent child who is actually a suffering saint. At the same time, the wounded child has a sense of entitlement to behave as they do no matter how bad, nor matter the consequences for others, no matter who they damage. There is no sense of functional pro-social behavior and much like typical anti-social behavior, the BPD insists on being supported and given what they want most. What they want to feel most is that they are in control of those around them so they will not be abandoned. As a result, in the thought process of the Borderline they are so, very innocent, never responsible, and do not deserve this treatment.

"A characterological feature of BPD is no middle ground. The cognitive behavioral perspective is characterized by “splitting”: everything and everyone is either “all good or all bad”. Obviously, for the BPD, having the inability to regulate emotions under stress causes the dysregulation of emotional responses into extremes, anxiety, and intense behavior. For instance, “I hate you, please don’t leave me” is a statement that expresses the extremes of a borderline splitting in a dysregulated emotional state. For the unwitting relative, partner, victim, it is a psychological double-bind that is emotionally confusing and traps them in a no win situation, where there seems to be no escape. Adults who enter into relationships with borderlines many times feel brainwashed, abused, and stay in a state of emotional confusion by the BPD’s accusations, manipulation, and criticisms. This principle stated by Benham says: “The techniques of brainwashing are simple: isolate the victim, expose them to consistent messages, mix with sleep deprivation, add some form of abuse, get the person to doubt what they know and feel, keep them on their toes, wear them down, and stir well.” What a vivid picture of daily life with an unregulated, undiscovered, and untreated Borderline Personality at work spinning reality."

Im interested in the transcript request on 1-4-18. I'm betting LE requested a transcript of the hearing.

No, the request was from the news media---Channel 9 News.

Do you know what this other date was supposed to be for that was mentioned?

No, there doesn't appear to be anything court-related after 12/22.

NICE SUMMARY!! Thanks! Obv he probably saw a public defender for this last run in with LE-- but does anyone know if he has an attorney advising him on the Natalie matter?

Stalkers tend to fixate on one victim and are often only dangerous to one victim at a time.

In any event, we've seen suspects bonded out on cases previously. More typically, we've also seen obviously guilty parties remain free for months or years before arrested for murder. But I do agree that if they can, LE and the DA will try to keep a suspect jailed and discuss their suspect status while bond is being set.

But sometimes a suspect is more valuable to an investigation free than behind bars. SS talks A LOT. He posts a ton of info and statements. That can be valuable if they're looking at him to fill in some blanks.

Is he the one who did this? Oh I can't say 100%. I almost never can or do on any case because there are always exceptions to rules. But I can certainly state that it is logical for him to be the number one suspect. And here's some of what we know that makes that the case, IMO:

1. He is the only person that Natalie, in her own words, and via confirmation by LE, sought protection from, for stalking, in the days leading up to her disappearance.

2. There are no reports from Natalie or LE of anyone else threatening her, harming her or attempting to harm her in the days or weeks leading up to her disappearance.

3. This is being investigated as a homicide, not suicide and it does not seem to be associated with a drug overdose as some have tried to suggest. How do we know? Well, it is true that sometimes dealers or people witnessing an overdose are arrested for homicides associated with drug overdoses. That is rare and typically happens when the connection between the deceased and drugs purchased by a specific dealer, is clear, like the person died in their home with them present.

4. SS has not been "cleared" as he and a buddy of his have insisted. If that were true, he would not be listed in a current police report as a "POI". That never seemed logical anyhow so early in the investigation, unless he was actually incarcerated or something at the time of the disappearance and death.

5. SS is listed as a POI in a recent police report, as noted above. LE have stated he is a part of their investigation.

6. SS was uncharacteristically silent on social media for the first 9 hours of the "critical 26 hour time period" after Natalie went silent (1:00 p.m. on, on 12-18-16). Then he posted a subdued announcement that the police had contacted him to say she was missing. Why was he suddenly so quiet and gone from social media during that time period? It was from 1:00 p.m. to almost 10:00 p.m. Where was he? What was he doing? After posting successive rants the night before until 2:26 a.m. when he probably fell asleep, he posted nothing during the daytime, afternoon or evening hours. Why? And why isn't this troubling for those who are sure he couldn't be connected to Natalie's death?

7. SS is certainly not too frail at all to have overcome or harmed a tiny, 4'11" young woman, as the police report indicates he took two officers down to the floor.

8. On 12/30/17 at 1:15 p.m., it was reported that a body had been found in a wooded area and was being investigated in connection with Natalie's disappearance. From that time until 5:40 p.m. he posts nothing except a post about someone else's memorial. He remains uncharacteristically silent on social media posting only three posts - two on 12/31 ranting about HIS stress and two on 1/1, including one share about a homeless man dying and another ranting post in which he curses and again blames the world for his problems,as is typical for him.

9. On 1/2/18 at 3:19 p.m., the coroner confirmed the body was Natalie's. SS posted no memorials, no crying over Natalie, nothing expressing grief over her death. Nothing expressing sadness abut the girl he was so "protective" over and "loved" so much, after it was confirmed that the body found in a wooded area was hers. Instead, he posted the following, from that time on:

1/2/18 9:36 a.m., angrily denying his involvement, responding to accusers and cursing at people.
1/2/18 at 10:00 a.m., posts a note about the lack of communication and respect in relationships equaling no love.
1/2/18 at 12:18 p.m. he seems to accuse some other person and tried to get people to post photos of that person.
1/2/18 12:49 p.m. he rants and curses at people and accuses them of only caring because Natalie was pretty.
1/2/18 at 3:02 a.m. he posts a note about how love doesn't isolate.
1/2/18 at 3:35 p.,. he posts a post suggesting several additional people who might have harmed her.
1/2/18 at 4:12 p.m. he posts a meme about homelessness.
1/3/18 at 2:43 a.m. he rants and curses and seems to suggest several people in Natalie's life who were bad guys.
1/3/18 11:38 a.m. he again rants about being a victim and how he is always punished.
1/3/18 at 3:55 p.m.he posts an Amber Alert.
1/3/18 at 7:54 p.m. and 9:24 p.m, he posts two photos of a tile in a floor about how the departed return no more.

There is nothing else for the next 30 hours until he posts lecture about how to treat people on January 5th.Not once is this guy crying or upset or posting his sorrow for Natalie after her death was confirmed.
The only crying that occurred was on 12/29/17 at 1:23 a.m., before a body was reported as found, in a video I found to be quite self-serving, in which he talks about how little money he has and how the small amount he has received is for his disability, but it appears he is offering it to Natalie if she needs a "safe place to stay". No tears after that. Just a lot of silence and gaps and non sequiturs and after a time, a lot of blaming others and ranting lectures against people he seems to consider are harassing him.

Why is that? If he supposedly loved this girl and was so obsessed with her and considered her his only true friend, why no grief for her? And why isn't this troubling to those who feel he could not have done this?

Why? Why isn't this troubling as well?

Whilst BPD would be a differential diagnoses IMO he doesn't present as a typical person with BPD (even though it's common after suffering abuse, particularly as a child or young person). SS shows signs of various personality disordered traits as well as psychiatric symptoms - he's a complex case.

(my background is psych but not verified so happy for this to be taken as just my view :) )

anyone with a subscription to "radio reference" scanner can go back and listen to old dispatches in the log by date fyi--

The kidnapping and car theft were not in msm afaik. It was heard on the police scanner on 1/3/18 and then arrests were looked up. A local sleuther said the cases were related to this one but said LE is tight lipped about them.

IMO from what I’ve been reading recently, it’s possible that she was taken from her apartment, left all belongings behind, and was shot in the head. I think it was either known who was coming for her, or someone could have heard her being taken, hence the urgency of the missing persons report and the police involvement. Just my opinion based on compiling things out there. I do think drugs were a cause of this, either directly or indirectly.

He admits that he has much more going on. Other than Aspergers, he mentions manic depression, severe anxiety, Tourette’s, OCD

I don't believe a word he says

I don't believe a word he says

I just posted that because I realized my original post about it was deleted in the beginning. I didn’t want anyone to think this was just an Aspergers issue or that I felt it was the only issue in play here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mark1966