CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"An apparent road rage incident" out of Brighton today...

Shots fired in apparent I-76 road-rage incident
http://www.9news.com/story/news/loc...ired-in-apparent-road-rage-incident/27683023/

"Brighton police say they received a call shortly before 3 p.m. reporting an incident on Interstate 76 and the East Bromley Lane exit ramp.

A driver says he saw two cars involved and heard a "pop," and then shell casings flying out of the car.

Officers are looking for a red Hyundai Santa Fe and the driver of a white Chevy Cruze, believed to be the target."

View attachment 75037

I've plotted the car to car "road rage" shooting from Thursday 5/21/15 afternoon. If this is our guy, he's logging a lot of miles. This shooting is about 15 miles southwest of the closest window shattering incident (the jail van) and 51 miles south south east of the farthest window shattering. Here's a link to the map:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z_XRj_yu3Dto.kzPJOvnNDQio

I've plotted the car to car "road rage" shooting from Thursday 5/21/15 afternoon. If this is our guy, he's logging a lot of miles. This shooting is about 15 miles southwest of the closest window shattering incident (the jail van) and 51 miles south south east of the farthest window shattering. Here's a link to the map:

It could be younger guys acting out? Two different cars not described before, IIRC. So it may not be related at all. Just a copy cat type act. It sounds like they were shooting at each other, which is strange. Could it be a group of guys, and this latest shooting is to draw attention away from some information that may be honing in on them or the group going at each other? Wiff of gaming mentality again. This is all off beat speculation to be take with loads of salt.

This article about the Brighton shootings says windows were also shot out at Brighton Ford the end of October. I haven't been able to find a more accurate date yet. I'm wondering what day of the week it happened?
http://colorado.icito.com/uncategorized/reward-offered-in-case-of-79-vandalisms/

I've tried to reflect these earlier incidents by adding a map marker at the location of Brighton Ford with a link to a supporting story. The Ford shooting was 4 miles down East Bromley Lane from the site of Thursday's "Road Rage" car to car shooting.

Here's another source with a little more detail, but nothing notable, and no date beyond 'late October':
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...may-also-be-related-to-past-incidents11202014

Map again (the link doesn't change):

Can someone look up car windows shattered in Lakewood, June 2014? They were looking for a dark colored SUV! The only thing I can find on it is a youtube video and my ipad won't let me link it. Thanks!

She is amaaaaaaaazzzzzzzing, magz! Just inspiring.

This is a must watch!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing it, great to see.

will listen again for details.

Woman shot in the neck while driving home from work
Don Lemon, CNN Tonight, 8:40 pm Denver Time,

speaks with her at length and very well. (paraphrased/not a complete)

driving home from work, later than usual,

"merging onto I 25 when a car pulled up next to me..."

"I thought they actually hit my car with their car..."

"But my window shattered, and then at that point,

I thought they threw something in my car..."

"I called 911..."

From the video interview above..... A car pulled up alongside her and shot her. I don't think anyone who had their window shattered mentioned anything like that? Maybe her shooting was a separate road rage thing? If it was the window shooter escalating why go back to just breaking windows?
It we take her shooting out of the timeline we are left with the windows that were shattered and the shooting death of Johnny. He rode his bike around everywhere. What if he saw something and that's why he was shot? Maybe the shooter carries a regular firearm just in case? His shooting doesn't fit in with the windows shot out.
Are there areas along that stretch of road with more plant growth, or hills? Somewhere a person is less likely to be seen than flat grassy areas?

CO Possible Serial Shooter Case Map

1. Late Oct..?, [SUP]2014[/SUP], ............Ford Dealership hit, offered $2,500 through Crime Stoppers
  2. Night ?pm, Wed, Nov 19, ...Rash of vandalism in Brighton...
  3. Aftrn ?pm, Thurs, Nov 20, ...79 incidents occurred during an 18-hour period
  4. 11:15 am, Tues, April 21, [SUP]2015[/SUP] Shattered Jail Van
  5. 09:50 pm, Wed, April 22, shattered rear window
  6. 11:15 pm, Wed, April 22, woman shot in the neck
  7. 12:10 pm, Thur, April 23, shattered front driver side window
  8. 09:50 am, Tue, April 28, shattered driver side window#5
  9. Btwn 10.., Wed, April 29, shattered passenger seat rear
  10. & 11 am?, Wed, April 29, shattered passenger window
  11. Early Aftrn, Thu, May 7 a window
  12. 10 am found, Mon, May 18, Shot twice, fatally

More precise times welcome if you happen to find the information

From this ABC News 7, Nov 20, '14,
report about the rash of shooting in Nov that also mentions the Ford dealership shooting in late Oct, it's state that

"shows a dark image of the SUV and what appears to be a person hanging out the passenger window of the vehicle."

Passenger shooter Nov - Edited.jpg

Surv. video passenger window shooter image tweaked.jpg

passenger shooter high contrast.jpg

passenger shooter enlarged enhanced.jpg

Passenger shooter.png

The timeline is awesome! Thank you for putting that together.

So is everyone thinking all the shots were fired from a moving vehicle? With both drivers side and passenger side windows shot it seems to make sense. My only hesitation with that is no one else seems to have reported seeing the shots come from a vehicle. I would think even if the driver that was shot at didn't see anything another car near them might?

Are there areas along that stretch of road with more plant growth, or hills? Somewhere a person is less likely to be seen than flat grassy areas?

Look at the Harmony entrance ramp on Google Street view and you will see it's all wide open. Google is a bit out of date. There is now a Costco and a Freddy's just South of Harmony on the East side of I25. Both were closed at the time the young lady was shot.

Doesn't look like there is much of anywhere to hide and shoot from alongside that road.

No. Bing shows the WallMart on the NE corner of the intersection. But not the Costco and Freddy's on the SE corner. If I get a chance, I will take photos of the area and post it.

In either case, there isn't a place to hide. This section of I25 is patrolled frequently. The Colorado State Patrol office is on the East side of I25 only a half mile North of Harmony. If a vehicle is stopped along I25 the CSP will stop to investigate.

The shooter could have parked along the frontage road without attracting notice. Shooting at a car on the other side of the highway would also make a getaway easy. The person you shot at is too far away to read your license plate even if they noticed what vehicle the shot came from. Turning around and giving chase would be almost impossible.

Since the young woman was shot, police vehicles have been patrolling or parked along I25 frontage roads. They may have the same suspicion that I do.

No. Bing shows the WallMart on the NE corner of the intersection. But not the Costco and Freddy's on the SE corner. If I get a chance, I will take photos of the area and post it.

In either case, there isn't a place to hide. This section of I25 is patrolled frequently. The Colorado State Patrol office is on the East side of I25 only a half mile North of Harmony. If a vehicle is stopped along I25 the CSP will stop to investigate.

The shooter could have parked along the frontage road without attracting notice. Shooting at a car on the other side of the highway would also make a getaway easy. The person you shot at is too far away to read your license plate even if they noticed what vehicle the shot came from. Turning around and giving chase would be almost impossible.

Since the young woman was shot, police vehicles have been patrolling or parked along I25 frontage roads. They may have the same suspicion that I do.

That's great of you footwarrior, but stay safe. Some seem like high traffic areas and the such.

Could they have had a lookout somewhere too, maybe somebody who records for them? As the method is to drive by with what seems a low caliber pistol and has a thrill aspect to it. It would be interesting, as it would involve perhaps a third person, at least. I've been tweaking the oldest video, as the vehicle seems to match the most recent one as well, of the light colored SUV, and I think with sophisticated software there is more there than meets the eye that may be seen, it seems possible, besides two perps, that may show up, though having it be just one driver and one shooter is enough.

Remember this lunatic? This guy, James Ernst, had extreme rage against bicyclists-this happened in Erie. I wonder if they checked him out. He has a gold or light brown SUV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFM5QiAd3QA

He received probation, which was later revoked.

A 75-year-old Erie man accused of harassing two cyclists along County Line Road in September by following them and honking his SUV's horn for several minutes was sentenced to 12 months probation as part of a plea deal with prosecutors today.

James Ernst pleaded guilty to two counts of harassment -- a Class 3 misdemeanor -- and two counts of improper use of a horn -- a traffic offense. In exchange for the plea, prosecutors dropped two counts of driving too slowly. Ernst also will be required to undergo anger management and do community service.
http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_22638522/erie-man-accused-honking-at-cyclists-sentenced-12
SBM

Honking harassment: Erie man's probation revoked, reinstated
Times-Call staff
A 76-year-old Erie man who had a video of him honking at cyclists go viral had his probation revoked and reinstated for another 12 months in Boulder County Court on Friday.

James Ernst was sentenced to probation for harassment last year after two Boulder County cyclists recorded him following them in his SUV and blasting his horn at them. The video was posted to the Internet and spotlighted ongoing tension between cyclists and some motorists.
Honking harassment: Erie man's probation revoked, reinstated
Times-Call
http://www.timescall.com/longmont-l...ssment-erie-mans-probation-revoked-reinstated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop