CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting this, I meant to but am all over the place here with 10 windows open, lol. Forager, could you please add JJ/10:15 am info to your graph if you get a chance? TIA!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome! As I see you and others have questions, I can try to help answer them while you're putting together other pieces. I'm not good at mapping, graphs, etc. so hopefully I can help in this way.

I hope your migraine goes away stat, Sugar Queen.

It is too bad Cori Romero didn't see more since the shooter pulled up right next to her.

Same link above has info about times of some of other shootings.

This might sound a little crazy, but I wonder if she has undergone hypnosis---I saw an episode of Forensic Files where this really really worked and a license plate number was able to be described!!

What about someone who needs to keep up socializing on the weekends?

Here is info about when John Jacoby was found:

http://www.westword.com/news/update...-shootings-of-john-jacoby-cori-romero-6726797

On May 18, 2015, at approximately 10:15 a.m., 47-year-old John Jacoby was riding his bicycle (with a small trailer attached) north of the town of Windsor, Colorado, on WCR 15 when he was shot two times by an unknown assailant about two miles north of Main Street. He died at the scene shortly thereafter.
Jacoby was well known by locals and was often seen riding his bicycle around town. He worked as a part-time caretaker for the parks and recreation department and also as a bagger at King Soopers grocery.

Re: socializing, my guess speculation is this guy does not have much as far as social skills, but I could be wrong...I know some serial killers (classification at this time is likely spree killer, but fwiw) are quite personable, etc, but I just don't get that vibe for some reason, jmo, again, there is no telling about anything and everything is speculation at this point.

But jumping off your post, maybe he is in some video game geek squad or something. :)

Thank you so much for joining us Foxfire!

I tried to pm you back, but your mailbox is full...I basically asked if you don't mind, if you would post here the thoughts that you sent me as far as the likelihood of the shooter striking again, etc.

Deleted a few PM's, margarita25..thanx..
Margarita25, imo he/she will not quit until they are apprehended or killed...Likely escalate, unless their motive is to deflect as in the DC Sniper shootings..jmo The DC Snipers were also apprehended due to an aware citizen's 911 call <Long haul trucker>..
http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/John_Allen_Muhammad_and_Lee_Boyd_Malvo

Poppy, I too was wondering if maybe they were partying on the weekends , then sleeping all day. Not sure that would fit a profile but anything is possible.
The other thought I had is maybe they are "stuck" doing something they loathe on the weekends. Maybe something menial, or messy. Something they deem beneath them? Adding to, or causing this anger and need to prove themselves. Maybe whatever keeps them away on the weekends is a big part of the cause?

Since Jacoby was so well known, and loved maybe this creep knew him? Maybe he felt Jacoby was something he wasn't? Loved, noticed, well known? Not saying The creep went looking for Jacoby specifically
( I'm not even sure I'm making sense ! Lol feel free to tell me to shut up if I'm not)

Awesome, thank you!

So, Wednesday is definitely top of the list as far as activity goes, and also has a definitive link to one of the connected shootings.

Margarita25, do you have the exact times of the 2 incidents that happened between 6 & 9 AM Tuesday and 3 & 6 PM Monday?
TYIA

What about someone who needs to keep up socializing on the weekends?

Here is info about when John Jacoby was found:

http://www.westword.com/news/update...-shootings-of-john-jacoby-cori-romero-6726797

On May 18, 2015, at approximately 10:15 a.m., 47-year-old John Jacoby was riding his bicycle (with a small trailer attached) north of the town of Windsor, Colorado, on WCR 15 when he was shot two times by an unknown assailant about two miles north of Main Street. He died at the scene shortly thereafter.
Jacoby was well known by locals and was often seen riding his bicycle around town. He worked as a part-time caretaker for the parks and recreation department and also as a bagger at King Soopers grocery.

RBBM

Magz, Foxfire, SQ, Poppyflower and others here, you're all amazing to read. Almost every post of yours, the information you provide inspire tangents of possibilities. Very much appreciated.

The other thing that stands out about the highway and the area is that it may have felt risk free because there's someplace around there where the shooter can hideout quickly then move on in another vehicle or unnoticed somehow, thus constrained by geography to some extent and not compelled by it, counting on a sure bet safety zone and means.

Re: use of a "paintball gun" in the jail van attack, was there paint? I'm wondering, is it possible to stick something else in a paintball gun, like a rock or marble etc as brainstormed on above...and if so, how would they know that it was fired from a paintball gun (ballistics, trajectory markings / lands n grooves, paint residue etc...)...I guess what I'm asking if there was paintball "bullet" for sure.

This is a big potential clue, I think...someone who has a paintball gun...again, if there is a connection...

And if there was paint, what kind, purchased from where, forensic analysis on the type of paint, I wonder if there are different types of paint balls...I know nothing about this stuff, maybe someone else can weigh in...not sure what I'm asking really...I guess I'm asking mainly if it was an actual paintball that was fired vs some other type of projectile fired from a paintball gun, and they're able to tell it was a paintball gun somehow.

magz, you were asking for similarities between the two known victims.

Both were also friendlier than the norm, it seems to me.
Both worked dealing with the public in stores.

Forager, are the Saturday and Sunday shootings listed the two that were parked cars?
A few pages back I noted if we discount those two, as they were parked, one in a driveway, one in a parking lot, then we are back to everything happening Monday thru Thursday.

Yes, you're right about both. Both were parked.

A word on how the table was set up might help. The table is on the "Date_time_table" tab of the same spreadsheet I'd posed earlier:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._QEuVgSyY7Fc1C6ztmJ3hRghAA/edit#gid=818762431

The tabs are listed at the bottom of the screen. Click on the "Date_time_table" tab.

Each of the counts in the various cells of the table is linked to the rows in the table below it that lists individual events. This allows you to trace back to the incidents to see which ones are involved. In the screen shot below, for example, box that is highlighted in blue (column F, row 12) reports one incident that happened at an unknown time on a Friday. The =A23 formula in that box shows that it is looking at row that is linked to the incident listed in row 23, the 1/23/15 incident.

Screenshot 2015-06-03 at 11.54.21 PM.jpg

Poppy, I too was wondering if maybe they were partying on the weekends , then sleeping all day. Not sure that would fit a profile but anything is possible.
The other thought I had is maybe they are "stuck" doing something they loathe on the weekends. Maybe something menial, or messy. Something they deem beneath them? Adding to, or causing this anger and need to prove themselves. Maybe whatever keeps them away on the weekends is a big part of the cause?

I've been thinking about what might send someone over the edge---breakup? Death in family? Illness? Fired from work? Problems in school? Financial problems? Legal problems? Sexual problems? Is there a trigger? I too get the vibe that this "killer" has some kind of job he might not like, or make much money at...

Also thinking about the jail van (and iirc another incident relating to LE. Narco or something, need to go back)---hatred toweards cops / LE, jails? I think the jail van attack is particularly interesting, not sure why...

Since Jacoby was so well known, and loved maybe this creep knew him? Maybe he felt Jacoby was something he wasn't? Loved, noticed, well known? Not saying The creep went looking for Jacoby specifically
( I'm not even sure I'm making sense ! Lol feel free to tell me to shut up if I'm not)

magz, you were asking for similarities between the two known victims.

Both were also friendlier than the norm, it seems to me.
Both worked dealing with the public in stores.

I think this is interesting, bc it goes against what LE says, that iirc, there is no indication that the shooter knew the victims. Also, LE saying this goes against what is listed about spree killers, that they do often know their victims, perhaps fueld by anger, resentment, revenge...

IMO its kind of like when LE says in other cases "there is no indication of foul play", when it turns out there is...in other words, just because LE says there is no indication that the shooter knew the victims, perhaps there is no indication that the shooter didn't know the victims either....

Will they be closing other Safeways throughout the CO region? Those particular stores aren't close by. I googled and couldn't find more info.

I'm sure LE and the FBI looked for connections between Romero and Jacoby but I'm wondering what we might be able to find.

Margarita- I love Forensic Files. Doesn't sound crazy at all. Especially considering how calm and collected Cori was during her 911 call.

I would think he thought he killed her :( From what I gathered he must have been fairly close to her, no? He wouldn't want to be recognized if he didn't. I hope that makes sense. I'm getting sleepy.

I hear you on the thinking the shooter might not be the socializing type. This is just one thing that crossed my mind when you added the profile list. Like maybe it is someone who is very mentally ill but is still trying to keep it together in some aspects of their life?

I haven't followed many cases and one of the cases I have followed, I didn't stick to Occam's Razor a few times and got off track. I need to remember that lesson.

Re: use of a "paintball gun" in the jail van attack, was there paint? I'm wondering, is it possible to stick something else in a paintball gun, like a rock or marble etc as brainstormed on above...and if so, how would they know that it was fired from a paintball gun (ballistics, trajectory markings / lands n grooves, paint residue etc...)...I guess what I'm asking if there was paintball "bullet" for sure.

This is a big potential clue, I think...someone who has a paintball gun...again, if there is a connection...

And if there was paint, what kind, purchased from where, forensic analysis on the type of paint, I wonder if there are different types of paint balls...I know nothing about this stuff, maybe someone else can weigh in...not sure what I'm asking really...I guess I'm asking mainly if it was an actual paintball that was fired vs some other type of projectile fired from a paintball gun, and they're able to tell it was a paintball gun somehow.

The source story said: "Weld investigators on Wednesday said the side window was “shattered by a possible paintball round.” The tentative language suggests that they didn't find much paint. Maybe just a trace on a few shards of glass, and they aren't sure where it came from. Speculation of mine.

So, again we have not received confirmation from LE that any of the shatterings have been positively linked, but I/we suspect there could be a connection...

Now with that being said, we've got reports of a paintball gun, a possible wrist sling shot...different "toys"...these really seem like juvenile weapons, again possibly a younger shooter...

Just wondering how many different weapons with the Beltway Snipers used...I know I saw it somewhere...

Eyes have crapped out, brain is jello and everything is running together. Will have to return with fresh eyes tomorrow.

Great work everyone, thank you so much for being here!!!!!

Forager, this one seems to state the paintball gun as fact...not sure if they took extra liberty with words?

"April 21: Northbound I-25 at mile marker 246

A Larimer County Sheriff's Office transport van had its front passenger window shot out by a paintball gun.

April 23: Highway 66 near Weld County Road 19

The driver was reporting an incident from October 2013, as a result of the news of recent car windows being shattered. She reported a possible bullet mark in the driver's side door of her car, but did not have proof because the incident was from 2013."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...indow-incidents-on-northern-colorado-highways

Originally Posted by Foxfire
Margarita25, do you have the exact times of the 2 incidents that happened between 6 & 9 AM Tuesday and 3 & 6 PM Monday?
TYIA

I'm not sure...
Forager? FHG? SQ? PF?

... between 6 & 9 AM Tuesday:

Map label: "Shat. 6/2/15" a Tuesday, 8:30 AM, on Lincoln Ave.; A driver-side truck window was shattered on Lincoln Ave. in Fort Collins, outside of Odell Brewery. Lincoln Ave. in Fort Collins, outside of Odell Brewery; Driver side; Source: Coloradoan Google map linked at bottom of this story: http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2015/04/23/woman-shot-near-windsor/26232009/
-----------------------------------------------------------

... between 3 & 6 PM Monday:

Map Label: "Denver Rd Rage 5/25" 5/25/2015, on a Mon at 4:00 PM. S. Broadway (?) "... two people were hit by gunfire in a road rage incident while driving close to S. Broadway and Mississippi... just before 4 p.m., [subsequently reported as "about 3:30 PM] on Mon. 5/25/15. ... both appeared to have non-life-threatening wounds. Car stopped at S. Lincoln and Asbury Ave., in Denver. Driver window Wayne Harrison, TheDenverChannel http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-shot-at-s-broadway-and-mississippi-in-denver http://kdvr.com/2015/05/24/drive-by-shooting-in-denver-sunday-afternoon-leaves-one-person-injured/

"Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
TYIA"

I'm not sure...
Forager? FHG? SQ? PF?

Monday and Tuesday of this week? I'm just really diving into this case today. Up until now I was just reading here and there. I'll be happy to look into this. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LRak10