CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The source story said: "Weld investigators on Wednesday said the side window was “shattered by a possible paintball round.” The tentative language suggests that they didn't find much paint. Maybe just a trace on a few shards of glass, and they aren't sure where it came from. Speculation of mine.

Indeed indicates they might not have found much paint...

attachment.php

All these maps/screenshots are so creepy!

Forager, this one seems to state the paintball gun as fact...not sure if they took extra liberty with words?

I don't know how to judge between the two sources. The clip that you had linked said that deputies in the van "believe it was a paintball gun". But I don't see what they could base that belief on. They obviously didn't see the gun itself, and a paintball can't break a window. Could they think they saw a flash of paint just before the window imploded? Traces of paint later found on shards of glass?

The antiquated silence investigative strategy being used by LE in this case coupled with the statements below has me a little concerned..

<snipped & BBM for focus>

Weld County Sheriff's Office received 22 complaints for shattered car windows in April
Sheriff's Office: There is no sniper
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...complaints-for-shattered-car-windows-in-april

Bicyclist gunned down near Windsor
http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/05/18/bicyclist-shot-killed-near-windsor/27553859/

"Even though the shooter is on the loose, Higuera said the public shouldn't be afraid, only aware and cautious. As for cyclists, he said they have more to worry about with distracted drivers."

'This shooter does not have a victim profile. He/she/they possess no empathy for others/sociopath.
It is only due to a near miss of the 20 year old Milliken woman's artery, who was shot in the neck, that LE is not tracking a serial killer. Utilizes LE jurisdiction linkage blindness, seems to enjoy the game playing/taunting, and may have been active as long as a month before the public was made aware.. It would not surprise me if the perp has made a police report of his own window being shattered to deflect attention away from him/herself.. It has been my observation that sociopaths are very creative, deflective, calculating, and manipulative..

Prosecution, although very important is secondary to apprehending this perp/s, before they kill again.. The American public is a very valuable investigative resource in serial investigations. All info must be released to the public to insure Public Safety..
'Silence is the predator's most lethal weapon..
Without public safety for our family, friends, and neighbors, we have nothing'..

Forager beat me to it :) Thank you!

Sorry about that, Poppyflower. If you have a taste for this kind of thing, please let me know. I'd love some help in putting the map and spreadsheet to productive use, and would be happy to bring you up to speed on their mechanics if you're interested.

The antiquated silence investigative strategy being used by LE in this case coupled with the statements below has me a little concerned..

<snipped & BBM for focus>

Weld County Sheriff's Office received 22 complaints for shattered car windows in April
Sheriff's Office: There is no sniper
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...complaints-for-shattered-car-windows-in-april

Bicyclist gunned down near Windsor
http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/05/18/bicyclist-shot-killed-near-windsor/27553859/

"Even though the shooter is on the loose, Higuera said the public shouldn't be afraid, only aware and cautious. As for cyclists, he said they have more to worry about with distracted drivers."

'This shooter does not have a victim profile. He/she/they possess no empathy for others/sociopath.
It is only due to a near miss of the 20 year old Milliken woman's artery, who was shot in the neck, that LE is not tracking a serial killer. Utilizes LE jurisdiction linkage blindness, seems to enjoy the game playing/taunting, and may have been active as long as a month before the public was made aware.. It would not surprise me if the perp has made a police report of his own window being shattered to deflect attention away from him/herself.. It has been my observation that sociopaths are very creative, deflective, calculating, and manipulative..

Prosecution, although very important is secondary to apprehending this perp/s, before they kill again.. The American public is a very valuable investigative resource in serial investigations. All info must be released to the public to insure Public Safety..
'Silence is the predator's most lethal weapon..
Without public safety for our family, friends, and neighbors, we have nothing'..

Wow, very interesting re: it wouldn't surprise you if he filed his own report of a shattered window!!!

I've been curious as to the breakdowns of the geographics of the shattered incidents on a daily basis, how far one might travel in this endeavor on a given day where there were multiple reports, as related to scoping/casing out, awareness space, etc etc...I asked Forager/FHG to do a map of this, and Forager sent me this which is awwwwwesome----shows one daily distance:

_FWLEETjQRAQtmC-mlnF0IyPxKz2426u2srA3U1lkfE=w482-h683-no.png

Looking for the times on these upstream on Forager's chart...

Originally by Margarita25

A couple different map screenshots of shatterings broken down by the day...meaning, for example on a single day where there were multiple shatterings, how far apart were they imeise and geogrpahically, in other words where did he potentially travel that day, how far apart were the shatterings on the same day----bobo brain here, mainly on april 23rd and 24th I THINK it was...no worries if its too much work, you guys have done so much already...
I'm trying to get an idea of how he "cases", or how far apart/directions of travel on a given day...ugh, bobo brain and eyes...

Here's a screen shot of the three incidents that occurred on 4/29/15, with a sense of the distances involved. 1/3 happened at 10:00 AM, 2/3 at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM, and 3/3 at an unknown time. Check the spreadsheet for further details.

three shootings 4_29_15.png

---------------------------------

Here's a screen shot of the 3 from 4/29/15. We only have a time of day for the 4/23 1/3 incident: 12:10.

three shootigs 4_23_15.png

Wow, very interesting re: it wouldn't surprise you if he filed his own report of a shattered window!!!

And if you haven't filed that fake report yet, whomever you are, please remember to provide the time of day on which the alleged incident didn't happen. And urge LE to do the same, if you would. It's just too annoying not to get the times.

Here's a screen shot of the three incidents that occurred on 4/29/15, with a sense of the distances involved. 1/3 happened at 10:00 AM, 2/3 at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM, and 3/3 at an unknown time. Check the spreadsheet for further details.

View attachment 75793

---------------------------------

Here's a screen shot of the 3 from 4/29/15. We only have a time of day for the 4/23 1/3 incident: 12:10.

View attachment 75792

Really spectacular---thank you.

I think I'm seeing a possible pattern in daily distance? Half asleep...will look tomorrow!!!!

I think the shooter lives in Garden City......look at the proximity of that location to that majority of the other shootings on the map linked above. Garden City is also conspicuously devoid of any shootings...as if the perp doesnt want to give away their location.

Stars shootings with victims.png

Notice how Greely/Garden City is located almost dead center of the triangle made by the shooting locations?

It also provides easy access to all locations/roads where shatterings have occurred.

If I had to hazard a guess based on this map, I would say that all locations are within 30 minutes of Greely/Garden City as well.

(with the possible exception of the Denver road rage)

Thank you, zapped, belatedly, you're so good at this. Is that the Ford company color red on the F150?

It appears to be a factory color.A google search of "red ford f150" pulls up a lot of similar vehicles and colors.

The paint on this one could be faded...or dirty....or just bad photo quality IMO.

On the paintball gun thoughts... Paintballs probably could break a window BUT you would probably need to freeze them. LE most likely would notice paintballs on the ground. I don't see any reason you couldn't shoot marbles from a paintball gun. Although DH won't let me use his to try it. : ( The thing is paintball guns aren't that quiet, and I imagine LE would have found paintballs or marbles by now. I really don't think its paintballs.

A very long shot, but I guess anything is possible...

Patents

Self-destructing bullet
Application number: 20020152914
Abstract: A self-destructing bullet for use with a firearm is disclosed. The self-destructing bullet comprises a body portion having a leading end, a spaced base portion, and a hollow chamber defined within the body intermediate the leading end and base portions thereof. The body of the bullet is formed of a low temperature melting point metallic material.

A catalyst, comprised of a high temperature combustible material, is positioned within the hollow chamber of the bullet. A combustible fuse extends from the base portion of the bullet into engagement with the catalyst. In usage, when fired the gun powder charge of the firearm will ignite the fuse of the self-destructing bullet. After the bullet has traveled for predetermined period of time the fuse ignites the catalyst, and once ignited, the catalyst in turn combusts and melts or consumes the metallic material which comprises the body of the bullet to accomplish the self-destruction of the bullet.
_______
Filing date Apr 23, 2001
Inventors Todd Cox
Export Citation BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan
Referenced by (4), Classifications (10), Legal Events (1)
External Links: USPTO, USPTO Assignment, Espacenet
Self-destructing bullet
US 20020152914 A1
http://www.google.com/patents/US20020152914
______

Patents by Inventor Todd Alan Cox
http://patents.justia.com/inventor/todd-alan-cox

Good morning everyone!
I dreamed all night about this stuff.
This morning I was walking my dogs, and everyone who passed by, I was like, "Could that be him?" This is similar to how I was during Jessica Ridgeway's case, wondering about everyone around me...not a good place to be mentally...I might need to take a break from here for my own sanity...if so, I really hope you guys keep working!!!

Saw this this moRning. LE says its a heart attack, as they saw no external signs of trauma, but bc I'm now officially obsessed with all of this, I could not help but wonder if he was chased or something:
http://www.9news.com/story/news/loc...-near-fort-collins-had-heart-attack/28453705/

I don't know how to link the story from my iPad but...a man was found shot on the sidewalk in Loveland last night...it is being reported as related to the shootings...checl the Coloradoan...this is really getting scary....

I don't know how to link the story from my iPad but...a man was found shot on the sidewalk in Loveland last night...it is being reported as related to the shootings...checl the Coloradoan...this is really getting scary....

http://kdvr.com/2015/06/04/one-dead-in-loveland-drive-by-shooting/

65-year-old man shot dead in Loveland; connection to other random shootings investigated

LOVELAND, Colo. &#8212; A man is dead after being found shot on a Loveland sidewalk late Wednesday night and the Loveland Police Department said a task force is investigating whether it&#8217;s connected to two other random shootings in northern Colorado in the past six weeks.

I wonder if the man shot in Loveland last night was shot twice?...perhaps that is what is making investigators think it is related to the other two shootings where humans were struck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413