CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're young, stupid, and reckless. I don't think this person has anything to do with LE since they killed someone where there are a plethora of traffic cameras as well as businesses that also have cameras. LE would know that. Maybe this jerk wants to get caught. I think they're probably close to making an arrest. My guess is LE was fudging the truth a bit when they said the cameras didn't catch the actual murder. They know what vehicles were in that intersection at the time.
I tend to agree...that liquor store on the corner would most surely have cameras don't you think?...plus I don't know exactly when this liquor store closes but most of them close around 11pm I think so there's that to consider...

The thread is open for posting again.

Please be considerate of the other members who are trying to follow this thread, but find it difficult to do so because of the large number of distracting personal and off topic posts.

Thanks.

Wow, colorado really does have its share of loons! Lol
Trying to catch up , does it say anywhere what kind of car was wrecked on the side of the road?

the car chase this morning started at mile marker 324 (not 224) and moved west to Strasburg at mile marker 310...

If all victims were alone and isolated and not like the dc sniper victims.

Than he is a isolator who needs time to get away without being seen. He doesn't have good cover.

A good insight, I think.

the car chase this morning started at mile marker 324 (not 224) and moved west to Strasburg at mile marker 310...

Thank you, SearchinGirl. That makes better sense to me than a chase that went clear thru Denver. Do you have a source I can cite? The original piece had definitely reported 224.

Just check cigarette butts on the ground in the area of where the last shot came from of the last victim.

Jmo

Not clear if the man who was shot was presumed to be the driver of the wrecked vehicle or were there other occupants in the vehicle and if so, had they been shot at? Also the latest video of the car jacking incident states that perp had a hand gun.

Thank you, SearchinGirl. That makes better sense to me than a chase that went clear thru Denver. Do you have a source I can cite? The original piece had definitely reported 224.

this is the link to the shooting this morning...it's in the video...
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/man-with-rifle-shot-after-i-70-pursuit

and if you wouldn't mind clearing something up for me...in this link it says that Cory Romero's driver-side window shattered but your spreadsheet says it was the passenger-side window... I think it might make a difference and I'm wondering if this creep didn't follow her from her work to the ramp...
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ng-police-still-not-sure-where-shot-came-from

in the video at the link I just posted the Captain said that they received a report of a wrecked car on the side of the road...they spotted the man with the gun walking along the highway...he moved to the median and started trying to flag down cars...he was successful with one car and ordered the passengers to get out and then took off in their car...the police chased the guy to Strasburg where there was a brief standoff that ended in gunfire killing the man with the gun...I think that's the story...

Just check cigarette butts on the ground in the area of where the last shot came from of the last victim.

Jmo

Dex, I think the shooters has perches scouted for after the incidents to watch the reaction because the shooter gets off on LE attention especially.

This replaces, for a SECOND TIME, an earlier post that I've now deleted. My starting point for the car chase was wrong by about 100 miles - due to an incorrect 'mile marker 224' report by MSM, I hasten to add. (Thanks for pointing that out, SearchingGirl, and for the link to the better source!). I've corrected it to show the chase starting at mile marker 324, way east of Denver, and ending near Strasburg CO, well east of Denver (look for a purple teardrop marker).

That new "Start" location is about 60 miles by car from the nearest of the shoting / shattering incidents (if you ignore the Denver Road Rage shooting, which seems unrelated, imho.)

Screenshot 2015-06-06 at 5.34.32 PM.png

Here's the map itself.
CO Shootings Case Map

Jmo

DexterMorgan, psychopaths are very calculating, creative, deflective, and manipulative and will fool even the most experienced homicide investigators.. Things are not always what they appear to be.. How would CSI know that the cigarette butts actually belonged to the perp?

CRIME SCENE STAGING AND ALTERATIONS
The CSI Effect on Criminal Investigations

By Vernon J. Geberth, M.S., M.P.S.
Former Commander of Bronx Homicide, New York City Police Department
Author of Practical Homicide Investigation: Tactics, Procedures, and Forensic Techniques. Fourth Edition. CRC Press, 2006
http://www.practicalhomicide.com/Research/PIMag0707.htm

<snipped - read more>

STAGING:

"Staging a scene occurs when the perpetrator purposely alters the crime scene to mislead the authorities and/or redirect the investigation. Staging is a conscious criminal action on the part of an offender to thwart an investigation.

ALTERATIONS TO THE SCENE:

The C.S.I. Effect also has contributed to an increase in crime scene alterations. Alterations include the introduction of foreign materials into the crime scene, which have nothing to do with the original event as well as the obliteration and destruction of evidence within the scene to confuse and mislead the investigation.

Gary Ridgeway, "The Green River Killer," would attempt to throw off the investigators by leaving bogus evidence. Ridgeway, who neither smoked nor chewed gum, left chewing gum and cigarette butts at dump sites. At one scene Ridgeway scattered airport motel pamphlets and car rental papers to imply that the killer was a traveling salesman to mislead authorities.

[...RSBM] I've corrected it to show the chase starting at mile marker 324, way east of Denver, and ending near Strasburg CO, well east of Denver (look for a purple teardrop marker).

That new "Start" location is about 60 miles by car from the nearest of the shoting / shattering incidents (if you ignore the Denver Road Rage shooting, which seems unrelated, imho.)

View attachment 75945

Here's the map itself.
CO Shootings Case Map

Yes, Captain J.D. Rowlison did say, "the trooper noticed a hand...pause..a handgun"...
Begin listening at 47 seconds into the presser video..
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/man-with-rifle-shot-after-i-70-pursuit

Here's the end of this chase in photo taken by Eric Lupher, of 7News Denver
crashedtahoe_1433624141800_19348410_ver1.0_900_675.jpg

Attachments

• LE Chase Ends Here.jpg
    LE Chase Ends Here.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online