CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right SearchinGirl, the CSU sign is before the Prospect exit, not the Mulberry exit. So she maybe has sort of compressed that area in her mind. So maybe her car was hit anywhere in between the Prospect and Mulberry exit. I was on both yesterday by the way. So, a shooter could have perhaps been located in that grassy, tree area between the trailer shop and the Motorcycle shop. He could be concealed there easily have escape either to the north or south as needed.

Look at the reflection in her vehicle photo that Forager posted. There are trees visible..

The Eurocycle/watercraft shop i was referring to is on the west side, just north of Prospect. To the north of it is some open land with grass/trees.

I misunderstood...thought you were referring to shops at the southeast side of Prospect immediately after the CSU sign...sorry...I can see what you're saying now...I suppose it's possible...

Look at the reflection in her vehicle photo that Forager posted. There are trees visible..

do you think she took the picture there?...where she thought the shot came from?...with the police taking her report?
that could be the spot....

I think you're right SearchinGirl, the CSU sign is before the Prospect exit, not the Mulberry exit. So she maybe has sort of compressed that area in her mind. So maybe her car was hit anywhere in between the Prospect and Mulberry exit. I was on both yesterday by the way. So, a shooter could have perhaps been located in that grassy, tree area between the trailer shop and the Motorcycle shop. He could be concealed there easily have escape either to the north or south as needed.

This is so bizarre that the projectile did not penetrate metal. Which still has me kinda thinking he is maybe taking a longer shot and the maybe the speed of the projectile drops way down which prevents it from penetrating.

But the thing that is so strange too though is that he is accurate to even be able to hit the car so that contradicts my theory of a long distance shot because its a tough shot to even hit a moving car from a long distance and be accurate. He was pretty accurate as he almost got the window.

If you do manage to drive by the location again sometime in the future would you mind looking to see if there are any places in the distance where he would have a vantage point. Like a taller hill or something. Im still kinda thinking maybe he was further away which keeps him hidden from any witnesses. Maybe more like 500 yards or something.

Its been crazy because so many things about these shootings are strange.

This is so bizarre that the projectile did not penetrate metal. Which still has me kinda thinking he is maybe taking a longer shot and the maybe the speed of the projectile drops way down which prevents it from penetrating.

But the thing that is so strange too though is that he is accurate to even be able to hit the car so that contradicts my theory of a long distance shot because its a tough shot to even hit a moving car from a long distance and be accurate. He was pretty accurate as he almost got the window.

If you do manage to drive by the location again sometime in the future would you mind looking to see if there are any places in the distance where he would have a vantage point. Like a taller hill or something. Im still kinda thinking maybe he was further away which keeps him hidden from any witnesses. Maybe more like 500 yards or something.

Its been crazy because so many things about these shootings are strange.

<BBM for Focus>

Strange indeed, Hatfield. Long, medium, or short range, the dent left by the projectile is synonymous to a dent left by a frangible bullet, imo. Watch the video at this link and noticed the dent left on the steel targets:

Shooting Steel Point Blank? No Problem.
http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/frangible-ammo/

This following statement snipped from the link above would also explain why CR possibly had 1 entrance and 2 exit wounds in the CNN interview graphic photos of her neck wounds. The frangible bullet would have first contacted the hard surface of the window causing it to begin disintegrating into smaller particles before hitting the soft tissue of her neck.
The nose of the bullet comes apart to create multiple wound channels about 6 inches deep. The base stays in tact and keeps on penetrating to about 15 inches.

Seems that the shooting incidents where the victim survived, with the limited information that we are privy to, were all near entrances/exits, and or access roads...

I think you're right to try to be looking at where the shootings lay relative to entrances and exits to help understand his MO, but take the map with a grain of salt as you do it. I've been careful about the marker placements, but they rely on my interpretation of words passed from victim, to LE, to reporter, and out into to a story.

The highway window shattered locations are usually described in terms of the next or last exit, and only rarely to the nearest mile marker. So the best of them are probably only good to the nearest mile. We're in a lot better shape with the four non-window shootings though.

here's a link from this morning's Denver Post about the FBI and NOCO Task Force and the latest incident... http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...es-loveland-lead-colorado-shooting-task-force
it says they closed off 18th St between Chelsea Drive and Denver Ave...short stretch of road in a residential area with a string of LE officers lined up appearing to do a grid search?... notice there is a white Ford SUV parked in front...

Thanks for the update.

From the above link:
20150625__FBI-investigate-Loveland~p1.jpg
"Several FBI agents walk along 18th Street in Loveland, which was closed between Denver Avenue and Chelsea Drive, Thursday morning. June 25, 2015. (Jenny Sparks, Loveland Reporter-Herald)"

"In the fourth shooting, authorities say, a person late last week reported to the task force that he or she was shot at in the area of Denver Avenue and East Eisenhower Boulevard in Loveland. The victim has not been identified.

Moore declined to release details, including why it took so long for the victim to come forward.

The task force says the vehicle of interest is linked to the fourth shooting and the slaying of Connole."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...es-loveland-lead-colorado-shooting-task-force

Re: why it might have taken so long for this person to report the shooting, some thoughts:

Maybe he or she has a warrant out, or something along these lines.
Maybe he or she was intoxicated at the time and feared arrest.
Maybe he or she fears retaliation.
Maybe he or she is in this country illegally.
*whatever the case, I am very glad he/she finally came forward.

So, as I look out everywhere for this vehicle, I seriously doubt the perp will be out driving this vehicle around with half of Colorado looking for it. IMO, its either already been re-painted (which still does not guarantee safety for the perp as far as someone reporting the vehicle, as I'm looking at other colors as well..)...I think the vehicle is likely parked in a garage/storage unit/ barn not being used right now, if there is indeed such a vehicle, jmo.

Or was there a crash/s due to shattered windows or windshield/s, with the cause of the accident being determined; 'due to road debris'...

I really do wonder if there have been accidents related to all of this, but not released by LE to the media as being possibly related, or as you mentioned, determined to be "road debris"...there have been a lot of accidents, but there always seems to be a lot of accidents around here, jmo.

Thanks for the update.

From the above link:
View attachment 77186
"Several FBI agents walk along 18th Street in Loveland, which was closed between Denver Avenue and Chelsea Drive, Thursday morning. June 25, 2015. (Jenny Sparks, Loveland Reporter-Herald)"

I'd missed that image. It confirms the location description I had been going on exactly. But that location is a quarter of a mile from "Denver Ave and East Eisenhower Boulevard" where we had understood the shooter had fired at the anonymous intended victim on 6/3/15. Could they be looking for the bullet that missed him that far away? If so, LE is definitely going the extra mile trying to find it. I'd have thought that was an impossible task.

(O/T, one thing that is really sad to me, and reflects the state of these times imo, is that I honestly would not put something like this past a couple students of mine. :( I did talk with some parents recently, that I was very concerned about the comments and behavior of one of my teenage male students (comments about guns---he just got his license)...I have another another student who is only 10 years old...he is currently in therapy/taking meds, but I am so concerned about what he will be like when he gets older..(the deadness in his eyes/expressions look EXACTLY the kid who shot up the church in South Carolina)...his family allows him to play very violent video games all day long---that's all he does...anyway, sorry about the O/T.)

(O/T, one thing that is really sad to me, and reflects the state of these times imo, is that I honestly would not put something like this past a couple students of mine. :( I did talk with some parents recently, that I was very concerned about the comments and behavior of one of my teenage male students (comments about guns---he just got his license)...I have another another student who is only 10 years old...he is currently in therapy/taking meds, but I am so concerned about what he will be like when he gets older..(the deadness in his eyes/expressions look EXACTLY the kid who shot up the church in South Carolina)...his family allows him to play very violent video games all day long---that's all he does...anyway, sorry about the O/T.)

NOT off topic, I think. David Grossman, a retired US Army Lt. Col., wrote a book named On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society. In it, he points out that Army research indicates that killing doesn't come easily to most people. It realized back in the Civil War, and again in WWII, that the majority of soldiers, given a chance to shoot an enemy, wouldn't. Training is usually required to overcome the inhibition to shoot a fellow human. First person shooter video games, Grossman asserts, are an effective means of supplying that training.

hmm "Do psychopaths enjoy reading books about psychopaths?" (NYT 6/17/21)

I like those colors, btw, they look great!

That was very well written review in which it seems a lot is very accurate portrayal of phychopaths and narcissts. Those books must be interesting to read. The authors seem very knowledgeable.

The last part rings true in a lot of ways.

"&#8220;You have to feel sorry for psychopaths, right? If it&#8217;s all because of their amygdalae? If it&#8217;s not their fault?&#8221; There are many answers that one could give, but it&#8217;s tempting to agree with the man&#8217;s response: Why should we care about psychopaths? They don&#8217;t care about us."

I suspect that some psychopaths enjoy presenting themselves as experts on psychopaths as well.

Montjoy, what's that ole saying, 'Guess, it takes one to know one, huh'?
For some unknown reason, your comment reminds me of a quote by psychopathic serial killer Richard Ramirez; 'I don't expect you to understand me, Lucifer dwells within us all, I am beyond Good & Evil, Lucifer will avenge me'! - 1989 Quote by Richard Ramirez; night stalker, to the SanDiego, CA, jurors that handed down his death penalty verdict..

Serial killer Richard Ramirez, known as 'Night Stalker,' dead at 53...
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/07/justice/california-night-stalker-ramirez-dead/

CNN
Jun 9, 2013 - Instead, on Friday morning, Richard Ramirez died of natural causes at ... State Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member