CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

So 2 shootings are connected with each other, AND 2 other shootings are connected with each other. Its just that they cannot connect (YET) all 4 together.

The task force is investigating in the proper way by going on hands and knees and really looking closely for small things like shell casings or bits of a projectile.

The task force went to very specific locations based on TIPS.
I bet the tips that they received that led them to these specific locations had to be some witness seeing someone in that area that looked to be up to no good.

So IMO we have witnesses that have seen the shooter. They must have been at a distance to where the shooter was otherwise more details about the shooter could have been established.

So this is all good news. Just hope the task force is getting close to identifying the shooter(s).

I agree about the age group. I tend to think this is a relatively young punk(s) that is doing this. I still keep thinking about the sniper movie and I think maybe some disgruntled punk decided to take his frutstrations out on society and pretend he is a sniper.

Or like posts from a week or so ago, it could be some rural living person who had a road confrontation of sorts or even an accident that was caused by a cyclist being on the road. He may have wrecked his vehicle and got a ticket for being at fault when he blames it in his mind on the bicycleist or a pedestrian.

If the latter, then the shooter could be older than i am thinking.

From article. 4 confirmed shootings.
2 connected to each other (AND) 2 others connected with each other.
IMO, at some point they may be able to tie all 4 together. Just no evidence yet to prove it. Doesnt mean there wont be.

"The task force is investigating at least four confirmed shootings in Northern Colorado"

"The group has connected the shooting of woman on Interstate 25 on April 22 to the shooting death of a cyclist in Windsor on May 18.

The task force has also connected to the shooting death of a man in Loveland on June 3, to another shooting in Loveland on June 3, where the person was uninjured."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ks-new-leads-near-ft-collins-loveland-airport

Task force responds to Loveland — again
Jason Pohl, The Coloradoan,
11:04 am mdt, July 2, 15

writes

The NOCO Task Force

"descended this morning to an area near Loveland."

[... Spokesman, David Moore, said,]

"about 8:30 a.m. to the 6800 block of Larimer County Road 9 in Loveland to follow up on tips they had received previously,"

Pictures here:
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2015/07/02/task-force-evidence-team/29618371/

~

"Task force investigates lead in Loveland on Thursday"
(video from 6/26 here)

~

Windsor police chief Michaels talks serial shooter case
Kyle Eustice, The Coloradoan June 25, '15
interviews:

Police Chief John Michaels, who interned for the Ft. Collins PD for three years, before graduating from UNC, and in 1984 joining the Windsor PD, answers questions, parts quoted below:

We’ve encouraged them to be on alert, to be watchful and to be calling us. They’ve responded. We have an awful lot of phone calls and emails on a regular basis keeping us posted and telling us concerns they may have. We try to address those as quickly as we can. We’ve functioned for many, many years in our department as a high profile and high visibility department, which means we put patrol cars out on our streets as often as we can. We put a high emphasis on that.
[...]

We will get through this.

[...]
Fifty percent of arrests are people from Windsor and 50 percent are not from Windsor... from Greeley, Fort Collins, Loveland or other outside areas..
[...]

Task force responds to Loveland — again
Jason Pohl, The Coloradoan,
11:04 am mdt, July 2, 15

writes (with video)

The NOCO Task Force

"descended this morning to an area near Loveland."

[... Spokesman, David Moore, said,]

"about 8:30 a.m. to the 6800 block of Larimer County Road 9 in Loveland to follow up on tips they had received previously,"

Pictures here:
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2015/07/02/task-force-evidence-team/29618371/

This is very helpful for us. Things are beginning to make sense now what is going on.

Thank you so much for sharing this article. Look what it is telling us now.

First, they are not going to tell us anything so just because we dont hear any updates, we cannot ever think this shooter is not still a danger. In fact, I think the shooter is very much a danger and I think the task force is finally realizing the extent of the danger of these perp(s).

Look why we will not hear anything:

"To maintain the integrity of the investigation, details of these tips, leads and evidence sought and/or recovered will NOT be released,"

Now look what is happening. They are going back to places where previous tips were called in and they are finally checking each and every one out. They may have blown the tips off at first not realizing how serious this situation is.

Look at this part:

"Investigators with the evidence recovery team responded about 8:30 a.m. to the 6800 block of Larimer County Road 9 in Loveland to follow up on tips they had received previously,"

So IMO they have found something seriously important at one of the other sites and are now going back and following up on each and every previous tip because they realize we have a serial shooter here.

They are not going to ever tell us that because they just told us they would not.

Jefferson County Colorado 2013. http://jeffco.us/sheriff/news/2013/car-windows-shattered-on-both-c-470-and-hwy-285/
*** note this says NO projectiles were found**

GOOD FIND!

BBM:

"On July 24th, a man was driving east on C-470 at Alameda Pkwy. when the passenger window of his truck shattered. No one was injured and no projectile was found.

On November 14th, a man was driving south on Hwy. 285 near Hwy. 8 when he heard a gunshot and the driver’s side window shattered. No one was injured and no projectile was found.

On November 19th, a woman was driving west on C-470 near the Alameda Pkwy. when she heard a “loud boom” and the rear driver’s side window shattered. No one was injured and no projectile was found.

In mid-November the Sheriff’s Office responded to the area of S. Turkey Creek Rd. and Hwy. 8 after a woman reported seeing a man firing a gun across the highway from a brown or gold colored 4-door Honda sedan. No one was contacted or identified."

*note first actual sighting of a person firing a gun! And from "across the highway"...

GOOD FIND!

BBM:

"On July 24th, a man was driving east on C-470 at Alameda Pkwy. when the passenger window of his truck shattered. No one was injured and no projectile was found.

On November 14th, a man was driving south on Hwy. 285 near Hwy. 8 when he heard a gunshot and the driver’s side window shattered. No one was injured and no projectile was found.

On November 19th, a woman was driving west on C-470 near the Alameda Pkwy. when she heard a “loud boom” and the rear driver’s side window shattered. No one was injured and no projectile was found.

In mid-November the Sheriff’s Office responded to the area of S. Turkey Creek Rd. and Hwy. 8 after a woman reported seeing a man firing a gun across the highway from a brown or gold colored 4-door Honda sedan. No one was contacted or identified."

*note first actual sighting of a person firing a gun! And from "across the highway"...

Excellent catch.

This is basically what a lot of us have been envisioning. She doesnt say where he was though. Was he way off the road or on opposite lane?

"brown or gold colored" sounds a lot like faded Orange to me. Hmmmm Could the truck have been wrong and maybe it was a Honda SUV ? Or is this telling us there are 2 different vehicles at a minimum now. Sketch?

Keep in mind that Jeffco shooting was in 2013. I just added it in response to foragers (?) post looking at other shootings.

This one might be of interest! http://abc7news.com/news/officials-investigating-fatal-shooting-on-highway-4-in-bay-point/796755/
I wonder if Nathaniel was in California around this time?
It would fit with his grandparents bodies being found decomposing on the 29th.
I really, really, want to know where he had his car accident! In an article I saw somewhere it said LE wasn't saying where he had his accident. I don't imagine he was staying in his grandparents house with the bodies. ( although it's been done before...ewww)

Stay safe everyone this July 4th weekend.

If the shooter is going to strike again he may use the 4th of July weekend to help disguise the sound of his shooting(s).

The reason I think this is because I live in rural area and I noticed around the 4th of July people tend to shoot their firearms off more in addition to fireworks.

I can tell by the sound the firearms make as compared to fireworks and I have noticed this over the years.
We always have random firearms going off occassionally because we are out in the country. I have noticed around the 4th I tend to hear more frequent firearms going off.

The shooter may take this opportunity to think he would stand out less.

A little more info on the Colorado resident & POI in the CA murder case of his grandparents;

Police Want To Question Grandson Of Murdered Glendale Couple
http://laist.com/2015/06/30/nathaniel_scheiern_glendale_grandpa.php

Police are calling Nathaniel a person of interest because he was living with his grandparents, and was not home when their bodies were found, William told City News Service. Authorities contacted many family members who were able to lead them to Nathaniel, who turned out to be in a hospital. Family friend, Jim Stone, told KTLA that Nathaniel moved from Colorado to live with his grandparents in Glendale a year ago because he was "troubled."

Police have not released details about how the couple was killed, but believe they were murdered several days before they found their bodies, CBS Los Angeles reports. When authorities arrived at the home, they found that the door was slightly open with no forced entry, and that the home wasn't ransacked.
"We're pretty confident the victims were targeted, and that it's not a random act of violence," William told the Times.
A spokesperson for the Calvary Bible Church in Burbank, a church that the couple regularly attended, described them to KTLA as a "sweet, elderly couple."

Neighbors told CBS Los Angeles that they'd often hear Nathaniel arguing with his grandparents. Otherwise, he'd keep to himself. "I'd see him on occasion, at church and passing by, but he kind of like had his head down all the time, just very quiet," neighbor Tony Passarella said.

Police also said they found several ISIS terrorist videos posted on Nathaniel's Facebook page, and are now working with FBI's Counter-Terrorism Task Force on this case.
<<Snipped & BBM - Read More>

Thanks for that Coloradoan post, FindHG.

"Investigators with the evidence recovery team responded about 8:30 a.m. to the 6800 block of Larimer County Road 9 in Loveland to follow up on previous tips, said David Moore, task force spokesman. "To maintain the integrity of the investigation, details of these tips, leads and evidence sought and/or recovered will not be released."

...The search appeared to mirror the June 25 search at Allendale Park in Loveland, where dozens of FBI personnel spent hours scouring through thick grass and trees
."

Jason Pohl, The Coloradoan 11:04 a.m. 7/2/15,
Task force responds to Loveland &#8212; again

A square green marker in the center of the screenshot below flags the search site.

Case Map Link, the source of the screen shot below.

Larimer Co. Rd. 9 runs parallel to I-25 about 1.5 miles to its west. The story doesn't indicate how far off the road the search teams went, or in which direction. A 22 long riffle bullet can't generally go further than a mile. Heavier calibers can generally go from two to three and a half miles. http://www2.huntercourse.com/saskatchewan/study?chapter=2&page=8

Edited to Add, to quote from an article posted earlier:
"7NEWS Photographer Brad Bogott visited the scene and saw a large presence of investigators, including some wearing FBI Evidence Response Team clothing... . Bogott observed agents searching with metal detectors and others documenting the scene with surveyors' equipment.

Deb Stanley, TheDenverChannel.com
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ks-new-leads-near-ft-collins-loveland-airport

Attachments

• as of LE search 7_2_15.png
    as of LE search 7_2_15.png
    871.3 KB · Views: 34
What about the Boyd Lake accident...I think that's nearby today's search....device is about to crash, someone pls check it out, tia!!!

Nathaniel has a posting to his "family" in Fort Lupton. He also tells them not to " like" the post. Bet they aren't bio " family". ( yellow and blue posting about brothers)

Not sure if this has been posted:

Windsor police chief Michaels talks serial shooter case
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...25/northern-colorado-serial-shooter/29272479/

I'm very behind here, going back to catch up!

If it had been posted, I missed it. Good to see you posting!

It looks like the Windsor Chief of Police is making an effort to get out there and talk with the citizenry, even if he isn't allowed to say anything about the details of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kate E