Not open for further replies.
Former residences of Nathaniel Scheiern

Glendale, CA
Shafter, CA

Englewood, CO
Lakewood, CO
Fort Lupton, CO
Dacono, CO

Dacono? (and Ft. L) Sigh.. when did he live there? This is the area I mentioned in thread 1...

Not Related / for reference:

The Denver Post's "map, table and chart track homicides

in the City and County of Denver in 2015. Information is collected from news reports, the coroner at Denver's Office of the Medical Examiner and the Denver Police Department. Initial information may be incomplete and will be updated as it becomes available."

Attachments

• possible face contours of suspect in SUV - Edited (1).png
    possible face contours of suspect in SUV - Edited (1).png
    6.8 KB · Views: 58
  • windshield and top of SUV - Edited.jpg
    windshield and top of SUV - Edited.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 8
I don't know how I have this anymore, will have to go back check the dates and see if I can redo it, but if you look at the face contours the hat in the nose black and blue image, tweaked with high zoom and contrast from one of the incidents caught on video, early on, it had jumped out at me, and it's most likely nothing, but it's the first thing I thought of when I saw his face just now. I had different verions, one's where the base ball cap brim and nose are more prominent, IIRC.

attachment.php

attachment.php

He is too grown to be living with grandparents. Wth. Get a job and a life and move on. Leave your grandparents be.

He is too grown to be living with grandparents. Wth. Get a job and a life and move on. Leave your grandparents be.

According to my info NS was first arrested in CO in 2006, again in 2007, and then in 2013. He served almost a year in jail beginning 01/2013 and was released in 10/2013 for aggravated assault. He had no bond status when arrested. One of the previous articles mentioned that the grandparents had lent him money for an attorney. One msm article stated that NS had been living with his grandparents for a year, but off and on, yet his facebook page still lists him living in Denver, CO.

Jmo, the recent auto crash was only a ruse by NS to justify or provide an explanation for the likely injuries received during the horrific and heinous murders of his elderly grandparents.. The single car auto crash on 06/25/2015 occurred while driving his grandparents vehicle.. Curious as to where Nathaniel's vehicles is located...

According to my info NS was first arrested in CO in 2006, again in 2007, and then in 2013. He served almost a year in jail beginning 01/2013 and was released in 10/2013 for aggravated assault. He had no bond status when arrested. One of the previous articles mentioned that the grandparents had lent him money for an attorney. One msm article stated that NS had been living with his grandparents for a year, but off and on, yet his facebook page still lists him living in Denver, CO.

Jmo, the recent auto crash was only a ruse by NS to justify or provide an explanation for the likely injuries received during the horrific and heinous murders of his elderly grandparents.. The single car auto crash on 06/25/2015was in his grandparents vehicle.. Curious as to where Nathaniel's vehicles is located...

Do you mean he knew he'd be caught for it and this was an end of line move on his part? I wonder if he was able to get his hands on their money and what he may have done with it? How much of it, if any did he get his hands on? Where is it now? To buy drugs? It couldn't have been for a debt owed as he seems to have crashed his car deliberately, it seems to me to be possible.

Do you mean he knew he'd be caught for it and this was an end of line move on his part? I wonder if he was able to get his hands on their money and what he may have done with it? How much of it, if any did he get his hands on? Where is it now? To buy drugs? It couldn't have been for a debt owed as he seems to have crashed his car deliberately, it seems to me to be possible.

No FindHG, there was cash/money left in plain view at NS's grandparent's house. Nothing was disturbed. NS would have known that he would be the primary suspect in the murders, and imo received defense injuries; cuts, scratches, etc., from one of the victims, while committing this savage and brutal crime. Imo, it wasn't about money. The solo auto crash in his grandparents vehicle was likely a feeble attempt to establish an alibi and justification for his defensive wounds he received in the attack...

No FindHG, there was cash/money left in plain view at NS's grandparent's house. Nothing was disturbed. NS would have known that he would be the primary suspect in the murders, and imo received defense injuries; cuts, scratches, etc., from one of the victims, while committing this savage and brutal crime. Imo, it wasn't about money, FindHG...

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Could he have killed his grandparents to silence them, possibly?

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Could he have killed hid grandparents to silence them, possibly?

Yes, imo FindHG, that is exactly why he murdered them. The grandparents likely alerted or was planning to alert LE/FBI as to NS's ISIS ties and became aware of this.. His facebook activity indicates that the writing is on the wall and the devil is in the details, imo.

Another very good indicator of this being the motive for the murders is the last statement in this previous updated article;
http://laist.com/2015/06/30/nathaniel_scheiern_glendale_grandpa.php

Police are calling Nathaniel a person of interest because he was living with his grandparents, and was not home when their bodies were found, William told City News Service. Authorities contacted many family members who were able to lead them to Nathaniel, who turned out to be in a hospital. Family friend, Jim Stone, told KTLA that Nathaniel moved from Colorado to live with his grandparents in Glendale a year ago because he was "troubled."

Police also said they found several ISIS terrorist videos posted on Nathaniel's Facebook page, and are now working with FBI's Counter-Terrorism Task Force on this case.

<<Snipped & BBM - Read More>

i totally agree. He may have fought with his grandparents over money but that's not why he murdered them.
Now I want to know if he was tied to the NoCo shootings!! I also want to know who his Ft Lupton " family" is!

i totally agree. He may have fought with his grandparents over money but that's not why he murdered them.
Now I want to know if he was tied to the NoCo shootings!! I also want to know who his Ft Lupton " family" is!

<BBM for Focus>

SugarQueen, I'm confident that the NOCO Sniper/SK Task Force and the FBI's Counter-Terrorism Task Force is all over those two critical questions by now. At least, for Public Safety purposes, I would hope that they are..

I'm still scratching my head concerning the magnitude and the tremendous amount of resources utilized in the 10 hour Dairy farm search, adjacent to the municipal airport, by the Task Force yesterday. The earth moving equipment, helicopter, and brigade of LE/FBI Special Agents would not be necessary tools or resources required for a search of small items such as shell casings, etc..

Imo, this investigation has been elevated to a much higher level since the early days of, 'the Task Force Letter and the shattered auto windows were only caused by road debris'..

Task Force Links Shattered Windows To &#8216;Road Debris&#8217;
June 20, 2015
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/06/20/task-force-links-shattered-windows-to-road-debris/

The task force investigating three shootings, two deadly, in Northern Colorado and the mysterious cases of shattered windows along Interstate 25 has released more details on their progress.
<Snipped>

Former residences of Nathaniel Scheiern

Glendale, CA
Shafter, CA

Englewood, CO
Lakewood, CO
Fort Lupton, CO
Dacono, CO

I've put little green diamond markers onto the map for the CO locations (but not for the CA ones). I was able to get a street address from Radaris.com for the Lakewood address. The others are listed by Radaris for Nathaniel Scheiern, but without street addresses, so I've just put the markers somewhere within the towns involved. Here's a screen shot of the map as set to highlight the additions.

Screenshot 2015-07-03 at 9.42.06 PM.jpg

Researchers find mass killings, school shootings are contagious
By Rebecca Howe,
School of Human Evolution and Social Change, ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY,
July 02, 2015

&#8220;The tragic events in South Carolina demand that we make every effort to learn the influence that media may have on population-level behavior. We hope that this research inspires the efforts of others, particularly scientists, in helping us understand the impact of culture on random killings and how to prevent these heinous acts.&#8221;

Grandson is arrested on suspicion of killing Glendale couple
By Rosanna Xia and Jeanetten Marantos, The Los Angeles Times,
July 3, '15, 11:48 am

[...]

"When police arrived, they found the front door ajar and discovered the partially decomposed bodies on the floor in a bedroom, according to coroner's records."

[...]

"case will be presented Tuesday to the Los Angeles County district attorney's office."

Joseph Serna, LATimes, June 29, '15, in the Glendale News Press

"The woman, who asked not to be identified, added that the victim paid for her grandson's dental work. "She didn't deserve this.""

CBS 2 LA / KCLA9 June 29, 2015 9:27 am
Rachel Kim mentions according to police, as well as showing clips from his Facebook page

NS CBS2.jpg

"It does not appear the couple was shot."

[... a neighbor said]

&#8220;I&#8217;d see him on occasion, at church and passing by, but he kind of like had his head down all the time, just very quiet,&#8221;

[...]

Police are looking into videos and postings from Scheiern&#8217;s Facebook page, and are working with the FBI&#8217;s Counter-Terrorism Task Force.

[... the grandparents]

"mostly kept to themselves, but that Scheiern could often be heard arguing with his grandparents.
&#8220;(William) did tell me one time his grandson had problems with the law, and he had to advance him money for the lawyer,&#8221;".

Auto glass experts debate cause of spate of shattered windows in vehicles on northern Colorado roadways (video)
Emma Pettit, The Greeley Tribune, July 1, '15
Emma P Trib Grly Wld glass video.jpg
[...]

"There’s no easy answer. Some auto glass experts couldn’t settle on a definite explanation and thought the incidents were extremely uncommon."

[...]

"A few auto industry experts were shocked when they initially heard about the shattered windows — the more information they learned, the more it didn’t make sense to them."

[...glass expert explains tempered glass]

“It’s the weirdest product on Earth,”.

[...]

“When their (the public) consciousness is raised about something, they start calling. And that’s OK, we want people calling,” Greeley Police Chief Jerry Garner said.

[... same glass expert adds,]

“It’s a shame,”

[...]

“I don’t want to be scared to go out here and ride”

Good article! I think it does a good job of laying out the road debris vs shots debate.

But it doesn't address a similar issue that we are starting to see at another level. We have seen a lot of window shatterings that clearly show some level of human intent. Not many of them are among 'our' cluster of shatterings on or near I-25 in north Colorado, but there have been several other clusters that we've noted on the thread that clearly weren't due to road debris. Some clearly aren't worth our attention, but others may speak to some larger pattern. There is some level of 'background radiation' for naturally occurring stupidity among young males with weapons near roads. Henry Ford is reported to have returned from an early test drive of the Model-T and said "What the hell! Some punk with a slingshot just shot out my window!" (You'll have to give me some time to come up with the citation for that).

There has, however, been an unusual concentration of these clusters in Colorado and neighboring Kansas:

-- The three 6/17/15 Aurora, CO shatterings of moving cars on same block within two hours of one another, with a fourth shooting, two weeks, later of a cyclist, with a pellet gun, only 1.5 miles away.

-- The four incidents that occurred from July to Nov. 2013 around Morrison, CO (southwest of Denver) 2013. Three of them were unexplained, but two of those were within a few hundred yards of one another. The fourth was a report of a man seen shooting across a highway.

-- Mohammad Whitaker, 27, accused of shooting at cars as they traveled on Kansas City, Mo., highways... charged with 18 felonies... accused of shooting into at least nine cars, injuring two of the drivers, in March and April 2014. (About 600 miles east of our NOCO shootings case area).

-- Two shooting on I 435 in Kansas city within 8 days of one another in June 2015. A gunshot wound was sustained in one, and a BB was recovered in the other. (About 600 miles east of our NOCO shootings case area).

I've been searching MSM for reports of clusters of vehicle window shatterings nationwide, and am finding lots. Most, however, involve short sprees hitting parked cars. Very few involve moving vehicles. The CO and Kansas incidents listed above account for most of the ones I've found so far since 2013. I'm still searching, though, and haven't yet concluded that we are seeing something alarming. It all gets back to the business the reporter started with above of distinguishing normal from abnormal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member