DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Background perspective, with unrelated crime:

Catching a killer: Shootings stir up memories of '81 murders
Jason Pohl, The Coloradoan, 11:33 pm, mdt, July 4, '15

[... about SK Marion Albert Pruett.]

"Northern Colorado is now once again in the midst of a deadly mystery, this time surrounding a series of still-unsolved shootings."

[... the task force and the FBI]

"continues the hunt for the killer, or killers."

More than two agonizing months have passed since the first attack, and more than six weeks have gone by since the first homicide. One month after the latest killing, no arrests have been made, leaving area residents uneasy once again.

"This case may never get solved. We have to think about that, too," said David Jacoby, John Jacoby's brother. Though he's optimistic that healing will happen eventually, getting there is "a long, slow, uphill climb."

[...]

~

Off Topic but interesting:
Police: Denver drive-by shooting suspects rode in Car2Go Smart cars
Denver police sought search warrant to track down drivers

By Noelle Phillips and Kirk Mitchell,The Denver Post,
7/5/15 12:01 am

~

5 things to know about Northern Colorado shooting probe
Jason Pohl, The Coloradoan 10:47 am, mdt, July 3, '15
Q & A (this may be an older article with a new date)

[...]

"Are these attacks random? Yes."

[...]

"I didn’t think this sort of thing happened here? It doesn’t"

[...]

"I heard it was a sniper, right?... reports that the shooter is a sniper remain speculation."

[...]

"Officials reiterated last week that no tie has been made between the spate of shattered window reports and the shootings of Romero, Jacoby and Connole."

[...]

"Now centered out of an undisclosed Loveland location, investigators meet daily."

[...]

Nathaniel Sheiern signed up to participate in a mainstream Denver charity walk scheduled for July 7th, 2015, according to a site maintained by the event's organizer.

Possibly o/t (accident?):

Man killed by 'errant bullet' at campsite
http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/07/04/rainbow-falls-park-man-killed/29721251/

From 9NEWS 9 pm

Screenshot 2015-07-05 at 3.15.52 AM - Edited.jpg

Thank you, margarita, for the news. Had seen that wasn't sure if it was related, was waiting to hear more.

Man killed with errant bullet at Rainbow Park in Pike National Forest
Man shot by errant bullet in Colorado park
The Denver Post about 7 hrs ago

Around 6:30 pm, Rainbow Falls Park area, a

"60-year-old man camping with his family... Friday was hit with what appears to Douglas County investigators to have been an errant bullet fired unintentionally in the campsite's direction."

[...]

"the shooter has not been identified."

[...]

"Authorities think the gun was a high-powered rifle."

[...]

"It is not believed to be an intentional act at this time, however, that has not been ruled out,"

[...]

"Law enforcement is asking for the public's help in the investigation."

[... call with info]

"Douglas County Sheriff's Office tip line at 303-660-7579."

Possibly o/t (accident?):

Man killed by 'errant bullet' at campsite
http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/07/04/rainbow-falls-park-man-killed/29721251/

Camper killed by gunshot; DougCo sheriff's searching for anyone using rifle in Pike National Forest
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...or-anyone-using-rifle-in-pike-national-forest

Worth considering, certainly, but the geography involved suggests that it's a stretch. I've put a little yellow star at the general location of the shooting. (Yellow=last addition to the map, star = clearly shot at with a bullet).

Case map link

Screenshot 2015-07-05 at 3.05.38 AM.png

Don't know is this is related. This is much further south than the other shootings

DOUGLAS COUNTY – A 60-year-old man died Friday night after he was hit by what authorities are calling an "errant bullet" fired by an unknown person near a campsite in Pike National Forest.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office says the victim was camping at Rainbow Falls Park with his family when he was fatally wounded. It happened at around 6:30 p.m.
Investigators say they don't believe the act was intentional, but they aren't ruling out foul play.
The DCSO is asking for the public to help identify anyone in the area of Rainbow Falls Park who may have been shooting a high-powered rifle or who has any additional information about the man's death. The tip line is: 303-660-7579.
The victim's name has not yet been released.
An investigation remains ongoing.

FYI, At some point Nathaniel worked at StarTek in Greeley. Not sure if it should be added to his map?

Welcome CathyinCo! Good to have more local eyes here.
Lurkers don't be shy! Guests, Sign up and join in!

Don't know is this is related. This is much further south than the other shootings

DOUGLAS COUNTY – A 60-year-old man died Friday night after he was hit by what authorities are calling an "errant bullet" fired by an unknown person near a campsite in Pike National Forest.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office says the victim was camping at Rainbow Falls Park with his family when he was fatally wounded. It happened at around 6:30 p.m.
Investigators say they don't believe the act was intentional, but they aren't ruling out foul play.
The DCSO is asking for the public to help identify anyone in the area of Rainbow Falls Park who may have been shooting a high-powered rifle or who has any additional information about the man's death. The tip line is: 303-660-7579.

Howdy, CathyinCO, we've been wondering the same thing and included it on The Case Map to give a sense of where it is comparatively and there's this too The Incident Spreadsheet This is you're first post, so you are very

~~~~~~:welcome:~~~~~~

to WS, and I hope you help keep us informed on news from there and your sense of things.

Welcome to the thread, and to the Websleuths crime sleuthing family, CathyinCO.. Great first post.. Thanx for sharing..

:welcome: :welcome4: :welcome6:

Nathaniel Sheiern signed up to participate in a mainstream Denver charity walk scheduled for July 7th, 2015, according to a site maintained by the event's organizer.

Forager, very interesting. I'm no psychic but I think the only walk that NS is gonna participate in, in this lifetime, is the perp walk that he took on July 5/2015..

FYI, At some point Nathaniel worked at StarTek in Greeley. Not sure if it should be added to his map?

Thanks. I'm finding a StarTek outsourcing firm in Denver, but none in Greeley. Do you have an address and a source?

@
Thanks. I'm finding a StarTek outsourcing firm in Denver, but none in Greeley. Do you have an address and a source?

My bad, it says NS's last known address is Greeley. http://colorado-unclaimed.org/data/++GREELEY,+CO,+80631/SCHEIERN,+NATHANIEL+W/55543724.html

At that bottom of this page it shows StarTek's locations. They have 4 in Colorado, including Greeley. I don't know if we want to assume he worked at that location? The address is 1250 H street, Greeley. HTH
http://www.startek.com/careers/

@

My bad, it says NS's last known address is Greeley. http://colorado-unclaimed.org/data/++GREELEY,+CO,+80631/SCHEIERN,+NATHANIEL+W/55543724.html

At that bottom of this page it shows StarTek's locations. They have 4 in Colorado, including Greeley. I don't know if we want to assume he worked at that location? The address is 1250 H street, Greeley. HTH
http://www.startek.com/careers/

Strange company. Thank you for finding this information, SugarQueen. Any idea what this upbeat vacuous seeming company does for real in these various locations, looks like some kind of outsourcing setup to push brands via SM, could that be it?

Strange company. Thank you for finding this information, SugarQueen. Any idea what this upbeat vacuous seeming company does for real in these various locations, looks like some kind of outsourcing setup to push brands via SM, could that be it?

It looks like some kind of call center in Greeley? I don't really get it either, but I admit, I've been in and out all day so I haven't watched their video. The StarTek Greeley fb page makes me wonder how the heck they get any work done at all!

[Startek is a] Strange company. Thank you for finding this information, SugarQueen. Any idea what this upbeat vacuous seeming company does for real in these various locations, looks like some kind of outsourcing setup to push brands via SM, could that be it?

I think that the core of their business boils down to telemarketing and manning 'client service center' phone banks for other companies.

The location where Jacoby was killed riding his bicycle may be slightly off on the case map. There is an unofficial memorial to him on the East side of CR 15 a short distance south of CR 72. Just across from the cab of the first truck in the Google Map image. This spot also matches the official description of the location as just before the road widens.

The location where Jacoby was killed riding his bicycle may be slightly off on the case map. There is an unofficial memorial to him on the East side of CR 15 a short distance south of CR 72. Just across from the cab of the first truck in the Google Map image. This spot also matches the official description of the location as just before the road widens.

Thanks Footwarrior. I've moved it a bit south as you suggested.

I probably don't note it often enough, but the placement of the great majority of the markers are more approximate than I'd like. Most rely on written location descriptions like "on northbound I-25, south of Exit 262" which leave a lot of latitude as to, well, latitude.

I also sometimes misinterpret, and miss improved press updates, so please do keep calling in corrections and improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tx-tinman