CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early on in thread 1, Katy expressed her dislike for these types of cases, and used the term "domestic terrorism". This fits right in re: motive and NS, considering his involvement in terrorist groups. I think Foxfire makes an excellent case for the possibility of NS being involved (good sleuthing), and LE should thoroughly investigate this avenue. Unfortunately there are so many nutjobs running around here imo that it really could be anyone, ISIS or not. It is interesting that the shatterings and shootings seemed to have ceased (knock on uuood)...

Jmo

Agreed, if the guy is going to spend hours getting poked by needles to prove he 'hates cops,' it doesn't compute for me, though I'm all for stunning looking tattoos as an art form, hate messaging on skin or flag amounts to the same. I mean, self torment and sneaky deadly out lashes leave him a coward, whatever his hook or cause, it's a deliberate dweeb/duueeb getting pumped on nothing real, and knock on wood he's facing justice.

So, donde esta the orange truck? Bottom of a pond? Garage? Barn? Storage? Is there even such a truck?

There have been a variety of vehicles mentioned throughout the various msm/incidents:
The dark suv (CR), the uuhite SUV (JJ/possible uuitness), the gold accord, the orange truck (Task Force release), the silver car, the red truck IIRC---it might be useful to collect a list of all the vehicles mentioned in the various reports for reference...

*sorry, still no double uus

I agree, Margarita25. The very calculating NOCO Sniper likely used multiple vehicles that he had access too for deflection in an attempt to remain stealth. This would cause confusion and prevent investigators from connecting all the random shootings to the same unknown suspect. The 2014 Kansas City sniper; Mohammad Whitaker, used three vehicles in his trail of terror. All three vehicles displayed the same license plate.

Virtually the same downplaying silence and misinformation strategy was/is utilized by the Kansas City, MO Sniper task force PIO that is now in play with the NOCO Sniper/SK case. Although it has been over a year since Whitaker's arrest, KC Task Force officials continue to deny that they have a motive for the shootings. Wonder if they released a Task Force Letter to citizens chastising them for being concerned with their safety?

Police found a gun inside Whitaker's apartment. Yet he told detectives that he didn’t know much about the shootings, then went on to say that he was actually a victim of the “highway shooter.” This claim was quickly disproved by investigators. Seems his firearm may have accidentally discharged striking the inside of his vehicle on one occasion.

The KC shooter was getting cash from his enabling father when his funds ran a little short. Sound familiar? About 2/3 of the KC shootings were linked to the same firearm/gun. Guess, Whitaker did not attend any training at firing ranges, nor had friends that dealt in firearm sales, and also wasn't aware of the availability and easy accessibility of frangible ammunition..

As in the NOCO Sniper case, the KC Sniper focused on one specific area of an interstate for randomly targeting unsuspecting innocent victims. Most of the shootings occurred in Kansas City, near an area known as the Three Trails Crossing.

Many Trails Lead to the Same Destination...
Deja vu, imo...

I had a chance to listen to just the first part of Tricia's broadcast from last night, and it was mentioned that prosecuting authorities often don't name suspects because of essentially political reasons of not looking like they made mistakes later as a prime consideration, in addition to other factors. Is that what you think is at play here?

I recognize it, but I find the concern ironic, as almost few other aspects of dealing with terrorism sticks to the facts consistently, it all seems spin upon spin, at times, and lots of dead innocent people in the middle. You just wonder how things happen, what's real or what's not, and what counts? I guess what I'm getting at is I wish there was as much accountability on the policy side of things, the preventive side, as it were, as there is in the dealing with the consequences of it in prosecutions.

Imo, the NOCO Shooter/Sniper was a prolific serial killer in training. We have witnessed his escalation from initially shattering car windows, to injuring an unsuspecting fortunate random victim; CR, then targeting victims of opportunity; JJ and WRC Jr., executing them without prejudice. During this time the SK in training would have developed a severe addiction; a proclivity to kill. This was indicated by his rapid escalation through the various stages and the length of time between victims being drastically reduced, imo.

Over three weeks had passed since his last kill, before the Grandparents were then savagely murdered up close and personal, by this addicted and soulless blood lusting creature of death. Imo, NS was in need of a quick fix..jmo

Tragic..

Early on in thread 1, Katy expressed her dislike for these types of cases, and used the term "domestic terrorism". This fits right in re: motive and NS, considering his involvement in terrorist groups. I think Foxfire makes an excellent case for the possibility of NS being involved (good sleuthing), and LE should thoroughly investigate this avenue. Unfortunately there are so many nutjobs running around here imo that it really could be anyone, ISIS or not. It is interesting that the shatterings and shootings seemed to have ceased (knock on uuood)...

Jmo

IMO
Agree that there is a very good case to suspect NS could be the guy. I'm not quite 100% convinced yet, although I would have to put him in the upper percentile as possible suspect because a lot of things begin to fit. I also think maybe more than 1 could still be involved so he could have been a part of it.

If we assume for a minute that he is our guy, then lets examine some of the main factors that point in that direction.

1-The apparant stopping of the CO shooting incidents is one of the strongest indications he could be the guy. The timing of when he left to go to California does seem to coincide nicely.

2-The escallation.
This is a bigee too.
I have to assume at least some of the window shatterings were tied to the shootings of the 4 people and here is why I feel that way.

There were just too many of them that were not solved and not all of them were just road debri. So that tells me someone was purposely targeting vehicles with a scoped weapon.
I even think he wanted to kill some of those people but his frangible bullets or whatever he used was not working and he could not risk doing anything different so he began to go out at night and look for someone outside of a vehicle.

If he had a partner, I wonder if 1 was doing most of the car window shootings and this other guy may have been the people murderer.

Then people get killed by a sniper in hiding. To me, this shows that someone may have gotten frustrated with just simply breaking windows and so he escallated his behavior. Or his partner got fed up with it and said watch me what I do next.

Then if this is our guy, he took it 1 step further with hand-to-hand combat killing of his grandparents.
Escallating even further.
I agree that maybe his grandparents had found out something about him and he was about to be outed.

3- One thing about this guy that could tie him in nicely is he has proven he is not afraid of committing violent acts.
The brutal nature in which he killed grandparents is very telling.

4-The FBI getting involved with the NOCO shooter investigation is huge and this type of person would cause the FBI to get involved.

There could be other things we could add here. Just trying to list some of the things that would fit.

I'm not sold on the idea of NS as our sniper; doesn't compute for me. He just seems like a run-of-the-mill dirtbag murderer to me, except perhaps he seems even more stupid than is usual lol. I've always pictured the sniper to be older, somewhat of a loner, and either a farmer, veteran, or mechanic. For me, NS just doesn't fit.

You're good to stand up and say that you aren't sold on this, Mrscg. It's a healthy thing for the thread - just as the thread's often skeptical take on press coverage and LE pronouncements is a healthy thing for the community's approach to the topic. And there's no gainsaying that the evidence, to the extent that we can see it, doesn't yet clearly link NS to the NOCO crimes.

The press isn't even well enough impressed by the circumstantial evidence to have raised the suggestion of a link. I'm sure reporters have considered the notion by now and would love to report it, if their editors would let them. If I were an editor, I'd have a hard time getting past the timing question. Every story quotes a LE or a neighbor as having said that he "moved into" his Grandparents' house a year ago. Only two go on to say that other neighbors offer different times: "seven months ago" or "for about two months, but had not been seen recently".

I'm not sold either way on the timing yet, but am convinced that it's the key issue at this point. Can't we do anything to nail down his location from mid-May to mid-June?

You're good to stand up and say that you aren't sold on this, Mrscg. It's a healthy thing for the thread - just as the thread's often skeptical take on press coverage and LE pronouncements is a healthy thing for the community's approach to the topic. And there's no gainsaying that the evidence, to the extent that we can see it, doesn't yet clearly link NS to the NOCO crimes.

The press isn't even well enough impressed by the circumstantial evidence to have raised the suggestion of a link. I'm sure reporters have considered the notion by now and would love to report it, if their editors would let them. If I were an editor, I'd have a hard time getting past the timing question. Every story quotes a LE or a neighbor as having said that he "moved into" his Grandparents' house a year ago. Only two go on to say that other neighbors offer different times: "seven months ago" or "for about two months, but had not been seen recently".

I'm not sold either way on the timing yet, but am convinced that it's the key issue at this point. Can't we do anything to nail down his location from mid-May to mid-June?

<BBM for Focus>
Forager, I think you may have at least nailed down where he intended to be on July 07/2015; the Charity walk. Do you have any more info to substantiate this info. Also what date did he sign up for the walk? It would be reasonable to conclude that NS would not have driven over 1,000 miles from Glendale, CA to participate in a Charity Walk, which would indicate that he was living in CO then.. Why not just donate the substantial amount of money the trip would have cost him to the charitable organization?

Also his active facebook page indicated his current residence as being Denver, CO. Still does... I'm surprised that Nathaniel Scheiern's facebook page hasn't been taken down by investigators...

In fact there is a new Nathaniel Scheiern facebook page that has been added since his arrest which has a photo of his new current residence..
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nathaniel-Scheiern/1675691385999531?fref=nf

Thats a good point.

Lets look at what we know for sure.

"They were killed on June 24 or June 25, according to the DA&#8217;s office."

"A friend of the family told KTLA last week the couple took in their &#8220;troubled&#8221; grandson from Colorado about a year ago earlier."

http://ktla.com/2015/07/07/man-char...th-of-grandparents-in-glendale-used-an-ax-da/

Ok....so this means he would have had to have been traveling back to Colorado in order to do the people shootings? Right?

So do we have any indication at all that he went back to Colorado and stayed back with friends there after he had moved to California?

We know he lived there in the past so its possible. Just not sure if we know that he went back.

LE would be able to track toll booths if he used one of those toll booth cards.

<BBM for Focus>
Forager, I think you may have at least nailed down where he intended to be on July 07/2015; the Charity walk. Do you have any more info to substantiate this info. Also what date did he sign up for the walk? It would be reasonable to conclude that NS would not have driven over 1,000 miles from Glendale, CA to participate in a Charity Walk, which would indicate that he was living in CO then.. Why not just donate the substantial amount of money the trip would have cost him to the charitable organization?

Also his active facebook page indicated his current residence as being Denver, CO. Still does... I'm surprised that Nathaniel Scheiern's facebook page hasn't been taken down by investigators...

In fact there is a new Nathaniel Scheiern facebook page that has been added since his arrest which has a photo of his new current residence..
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nathaniel-Scheiern/1675691385999531?fref=nf

Excellent Point.

Here is a question that may prove where he was.

How do we sign up for the Charity Walk?

Did he have to go somewhere to sign up in person?

Or could it have been done on internet and if so, I bet you had to list your address.

We need to see the participant list and of the people that signed up. Is it available. It may have addresses listed.

This is just a theory.

I went to the Charity walk link that was nicely listed in the spreadsheet and you have to register to see more.

I suspect he used that as a front to get money and had no intentions on walking.

He may have done this just to try to get money from people.
His total was 0.0 reported so I dont think he ever turned in any money.

If its the same person, the only way would be to see what address he used on the application which I suspect only the charity walk people would know because I dont think the site would list that even if you login as a registered user.

LE could probably get that info but I dont think we will be able to.

You're good to stand up and say that you aren't sold on this, Mrscg. It's a healthy thing for the thread... . < snipped for focus by Forager >

Originally posted by Foxfire:
<BBM for Focus>

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Natha...999531?fref=nf

No, I'm afraid that I don't have any additional detail to offer on the charity walk. He signed up as: NATHANIEL WAYNE SCHEIERN JR., with a "goal" of $200, and reported progress toward his goal of "0%". There is no indication of when he signed up.

The charity organization is a big national one based in Manhattan. Here's the link to his pledge page on the charity's website. I'm sure the charity is mortified by the association.

No, I'm afraid that I don't have any additional detail to offer....snipped for brevity.....

Yea. See my last post 832.

I do think LE may be able to talk with that group and get the address he used on his application form. That would probably be the only way.

He may have put a fake address on it too so it may not help.

Of course LE by now knows much more about where he was living and they may not even need to do that.

Off topic:

Being fairly new to this forum, I just wanted to say that this community's ability to be consistently calm and respectful is so cool. I feel like that's a rarity on the anonymous Internet where people often have no problem letting debates devolve into petty, unproductive rudeness. I think this is a neat place and I'm glad I found it! So I'm just saying thanks for being yourselves and keeping this place fit for friendly exchange of ideas :)

"NATHANIEL SCHEIERN POSTED BEHEADING VIDEO BEFORE GRANDPARENTS' SLAYING"
By Michael Roberts, WESTWORLD
Friday, July 10 '15, about 7 hrs ago

What's known on thread already, it seems to me, not sensationally presented as the headline may sound, with some previous arrest records included, note he's on the passenger side of what seems like a pickup in the last picture.

Wow! Thanx for sharing the link, FindHG. Just now read it all the way through.. Watch the news video by TV2@ LA - 'Glendale Police Question Grandson on Couples Murder'. At 26 seconds into the video. Is that an old chevy truck with a primered tailgate, similar to the NOCO Shooter VOI, parked on the curb?

<snipped & BBM>

Some of his difficulties were likely due to regular run-ins with law-enforcement departments in Colorado.

JustMugshots.com documents a slew of arrests. In 2006, for instance, he was taken into custody in Weld County on a charge of second-degree burglary, plus a hold for another agency.

In 2007, he was again sharing the company of Weld County deputies owing to a parole violation &#8212; and in 2008, the agency put him on the hook for alleged criminal mischief and harassment, among other things.
January 2013 marked a jurisdiction switch. That time, he was busted in Jefferson County on a third-degree assault beef &#8212; and it appears he did some time related to it.

During December of 2013, he supplemented a photo of himself with this post: "Well I jus got outta the pokey n I missed a lot of people this past year. I apologize to my family who hurt the most but time for a better year. I missed you much friends n family. One Love kiddos."

He appears to have still been in Colorado the following May, when he affixed a similar caption to the image at the top of his post: "Lifted.... 303 one love."

William and Verna gave him a place to say at some point after that &#8212; the kind of largess for which they were well known in their area.

"She was a very generous lady," one neighbor said of Verna, noting that she'd paid for Nathaniel to get some dental work done. "She didn't deserve this."
We don't yet know what else Nathaniel was doing in California. But it's clear that something terrible happened there late last month.
Shortly thereafter, Nathaniel was found in a hospital; he'd been in what's described as a serious car crash on Thursday, June 25, near the California community of Santa Clarita. Authorities believe he killed his grandparents before his accident.

He was subsequently taken into custody. Meanwhile, the ISIS-like videos on his Facebook page prompted local police to coordinate with the FBI's counter-terrorism task force.

Ok, I have to ask.....does ANYONE know what all this " one love" stuff is about?? He uses that phrase a lot.

If he was in CO during the times of the shooting, associating with his Lutpon 'non-family', then his presence in CA may be explained by one phenomena common among the faithful. It would be that some go away from the group during Ramadan so they don't have to fast. Ramadan started on June 17th and ends July 17th.

It's possible he headed away from his non-family friends back to CA during Ramadan, June 17 to July 17, so he didn't have the feign fasting, especially if he was already stressed from other activities. A lot of recent and not totally sold converts and even long time worshipers do that. It's possible.

Which would mean there could be people he was with the rest of the time, associating with at least, while in CO.

There is at least one other person that he knows who signed up for that Walk....take it as rumor because I can't post the proof.

If he was in CO during the times of the shooting, associating with his Lutpon 'non-family', then his presence in CA may be explained by one phenomena common among the faithful. It would be that some go away from the group during Ramadan so they don't have to fast. Ramadan started on June 17th and ends July 17th.

It's possible he headed away from his non-family friends back to CA during Ramadan, June 17 to July 17, so he didn't have the feign fasting, especially if he was already stressed from other activities. A lot of recent and not totally sold converts and even long time worshipers do that. It's possible.

Which would mean there could be people he was with the rest of the time, associating with at least, while in CO.

Makes sense. How observant a person has to be is often a matter of the people he is with. And he seems to have had 'people' in Colorado.

In the Facebook 'avatar' picture of NS shown in the WestWorld article, he has a toddler on this lap.

And there's the charity walk. I'm sure that many people sign up for such events out of the goodness of their hearts, even single guys in their mid thirties. Everybody else does it because they were nudged into it by people they needed to please. Who were those people in Colorado for NS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat