CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've searched and searched, but the last word I've been able to find in the press about Mohammed Whitaker's legal situation is this article from this 5/2/14 Associated Press piece in the Columbia Tribune:

KC highway shooting suspect goes to court

"Whitaker was silent as the judge bound his case over for arraignment May 19 [2014]."

Dozens of news outlets had reported his arrest, but there has been nothing that I could find about a trial, or the case being dropped. There have been subsequent pieces questioning whether he got a bye in press coverage, but not even they updated his legal status or mentioned a trial.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

Original post by Foxfire

Crime JULY 23, 2014
Defendant is admonished for sharing highway shooting evidence with The Star

Jul 23, 2014 - “This is a really, really bad idea,” Jackson County Circuit Judge Robert M. Schieber told Mohammed Whitaker while holding up a copy of a Kansas City Star article. Schieber accused Whitaker of making it difficult for him to conduct a fair trial with an impartial jury.
<snipped>
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...#storylink=cpy

I'm sorry, you are right. I had seen that, and somehow thought it was from earlier than the last reference I'd given. But my point remains that there has been no news of an actual trial.

Maybe we can try to light a fire under the media. SOMEONE must be interested enough to at least try to confirm when this actually stopped living/ hanging out in Colorado. It's worth a try anyway.
I've emailed Michael Roberts and Patricia Calhoun from Westword.com.
Does anyone have any reporter's names from California?

Here's some news on other arrests:

National Security
FBI: Islamic State supporter in Massachusetts planned attack on college

By Adam Goldman, The Washington Post,, July 13 at 7:37 PM

Man Called ISIS Devotee, Son of Boston Police Officer, Is Arrested
By RICHARD PÉREZ-PEÑAJULY, The New York Times, July 13 '15

The Islamic State's suspected inroads into America
By Adam Goldman and John Muyskens — Last updated July 9, 2015
included graphic displays

U.S. authorities have charged more than 50 men and women around the country with alleged Islamic State activities. Men outnumber women in those cases by about 5 to 1. The average age of the individuals — some have been charged, others have been convicted — is 25. One is a minor. The FBI says that, in a handful of cases, it has disrupted plots targeting U.S. military or law enforcement personnel.

Here’s a breakdown of the cases.

Two men in Boston charged with planning to aid Islamic State
By Adam Goldman, The Washington Post, June 12

CO news:

Data: 21 traffic-related deaths since January
Adrian D. Garcia, The Coloradoan. 9:56 a.m. MDT July 13, 2015
nice graphs, info layout and research

The NS Public Figure fb page is worth a look today. Note the timing and sequence of eventscomments by a poster.

am I understanding that you think it's possible for there to be just as many shooters as there have been shooting incidents?...the thought of that is truly terrifying...like earning a badge or something like setting a jihad trend... I saw this story and haven't a clue as to whether or not it's related to anything but once again a mysterious bullet wound from nowhere...this time a juvenile (even though the link says "man") ... it's pretty far away from Northern Colorado though...and not remote at all...near Glendale south of Denver...

http://kdvr.com/2015/07/13/reports-man-hit-by-bullet-in-parking-lot-of-denver-bank/

Yeah, was referring to the Ft. Collins shooting and how the article said it wasnt related to the NoCo shootings but yet they dont tell us who is doing it. So was just speculating that it could be possible that multiple lone wolves heard some sort of directive from the same source and maybe they have decided to follow orders given to them.

So far it still seems at most it would be just a small number of people doing this but if this is terrorist type activity then the fear is it could snowball into something much more widespread.

The Ft Collins incidents sounded very similar to the window shatterings that Denver area experienced.

I think somewhere in South East Asia there's a tradition about tattoos that holds when people die the spirit shines through the pattern of images to recognize the spirit. If you applied that concept to this guy in life, as tattoos are done to say something about the person, what he has to say about himself is rather damning.

Possibly OT
Here is a recent shooting in Denver and the only reason I am including it is because it seems "random". The article is so vague it sounds like LE has no clue who shot this person. Usually they will say something about suspected gang activity or something.

This 1 has nothing. So it seems like LE has no clue why someone shot this person.

http://kdvr.com/2015/07/11/one-shot-in-incident-downtown-denver-no-known-suspects/

< citations of several articles related to terrorism snipped, for focus, in this response >

CO news:

Data: 21 traffic-related deaths since January
Adrian D. Garcia, The Coloradoan. 9:56 a.m. MDT July 13, 2015
nice graphs, info layout and research

In this article, Adrian Garcia plays the traffic equivalent of baseball's "Money Ball" game, looking to stats to help see patterns among seemingly unrelated events. He cites a large increase in traffic related deaths in Larimer County, CO this year over last. In the first six months of 2015 there were 20 fatalities vs. 12 during the same six months of 2014, a 66.6% increase. As Ian Femming's Goldfinger said: &#8220;Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action&#8221; - but is a 66% increase? Garcia is too responsible to draw that inference, but goes on to describe and map the 2015 traffic fatalities.

I've tried to take the same approach to the window shatterings. (I'd claim that he was singing my song, but it was he who made the first Google map of the NOCO window shatterings.) Both analyses face the same risk of making too much of too small a data set, and I don't know what to make of his fatalities stats. My initial assumption was that it had something to do with the loosening of marijuana laws, but legalization took effect on 1/1/14, and statewide stats haven't suggested that legalization has increased traffic accidents. (Marijuana Legalization in Colorado After One Year of Retail Sales and Two Years of Decriminalization.) If some hidden hand is at work in the traffic fatalities increase, it is way better masked than our presumed shooter(s).

But the traffic statistics do help keep the terrorist threat that we have suggested in perspective. We do way more harm to ourselves every day by mistake than do our suspected shooters.

Possibly OT
Here is a recent shooting in Denver and the only reason I am including it is because it seems "random". The article is so vague it sounds like LE has no clue who shot this person. Usually they will say something about suspected gang activity or something.

This 1 has nothing. So it seems like LE has no clue why someone shot this person.

http://kdvr.com/2015/07/11/one-shot-in-incident-downtown-denver-no-known-suspects/

Hatfield, if you scroll down from the article, you will see that random shootings in Denver, like many other urban areas, is not an uncommon occurrence. The FBI estimates that 50 to 75 serial killers are active at any one time in the USA. This number is a very conservative estimate, imo, for multiple reasons.

Check out the <left column>comments on the Nathaniel Scheiern <Public Figure> Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nathaniel-Scheiern/1675691385999531?fref=ts
Foxfire, I saw that and then read NS page (not public figure)... He made approx 72 posts on May 4, and another 15 or so on May 5... The 1st or 2nd post on May 5 is a pic of Stout St in downtown Denver and says "stay up" (I've seen that sign at that time of day I'm assuming early morning)... I'm thinking he was on a meth high that went on for hours... His content is all over the place jumping around...and I do get the impression that he was in Denver at that time...or Lakewood he posted something about a concealed carry class on 5/10... That's the first thing I've seen about him being into shooting but he obviously didn't need a permit if he is the only one responsible for the NoCo shootings....I think the connection you have made here is plausible and I sincerely hope you have called this in to the task force so that you can collect the reward(s) but please keep in mind some of us are still driving around NoCo and aren't feeling safe...as if that's possible anymore...if he's the guy do you think LE will tell us?...anytime soon?...

Foxfire, I saw that and then read NS page (not public figure)... He made approx 72 posts on May 4, and another 15 or so on May 5... The 1st or 2nd post on May 5 is a pic of Stout St in downtown Denver and says "stay up" (I've seen that sign at that time of day I'm assuming early morning)... I'm thinking he was on a meth high that went on for hours... His content is all over the place jumping around...and I do get the impression that he was in Denver at that time...or Lakewood he posted something about a concealed carry class on 5/10... That's the first thing I've seen about him being into shooting but he obviously didn't need a permit if he is the only one responsible for the NoCo shootings....I think the connection you have made here is plausible and I sincerely hope you have called this in to the task force so that you can collect the reward(s) but please keep in mind some of us are still driving around NoCo and aren't feeling safe...as if that's possible anymore...if he's the guy do you think LE will tell us?...anytime soon?...

Go you SearchinGirl! That sounds like it goes a long way to placing him in Colorado right in the middle of the NOCO shooter(s) clearest activity. I've been resisting signing up for Facebook, but I think I'll have to now. Thank you so much!

Here's a graph of those shatterings and shootings by date. The short little line was my fumbley attempt to mark 5/4/15.

Attachments

• NOCO core shatterings shootings.png
    NOCO core shatterings shootings.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 74

Just a fantastic great find, searchGirl. Thank you for your extraordinary work!

<BBM for Focus>

Thank you for the info, searchingirl. Although everyone may not be on the same page that NS is the likely NOCO Shooter. We are a team at websleuths, and everyone contributes to the cases that we sleuth in their own way, with their special skills, expertise, and life experiences. There could be other reasons that the shootings have ceased, but I agree that the most plausible scenario is synonymous with the KC and DC sniper incidents. . The most important thing is that the shootings seem to have stopped for over 40 days now and no other innocent victims harmed..

Searchingirl, it is doubtful that the Task Force will update the citizens until the investigation is complete, based on their antiquated silence strategy that was adhered to throughout the investigation. jmo

Yes, I sent the NOCO Task Force a tip as soon as all the dots were connected.. Nathaniel Scheiern fit the profile and had motive, means, and opportunity, imo. Imo, there will be a meth connection; a common denominator in virtually every serial case since the 1980s..

Reply from The Northern Colorado Shooting Task Force - June 30/2015 - Haven't heard anything else from them..

Thank you for your submission to the Northern Colorado Shooting Task Force. We are reviewing and assigning as appropriate each tip that comes in.

If we require additional information or need clarification, a Task Force team member may reach out to you.

However, if we have adequate information&#8203; from your submission, you may not receive further correspondence.

Respectfully,

The Northern Colorado Shooting Task Force.

Go you SearchinGirl! That sounds like it goes a long way to placing him in Colorado right in the middle of the NOCO shooter(s) clearest activity. I've been resisting signing up for Facebook, but I think I'll have to now. Thank you so much!

Just to clarify...I don't think he actually took the picture...I followed the link from where he shared the picture and it was first posted by his cousin? whose last name is Stout...however, it was him saying "stay up" that said to me he was on meth... His cousin is interesting it appears he just finished up some federal prison time in Wheatridge (I can't believe I'm so snoopy)...and if you look you will see him posing in a picture with his nephew Nate... The cousin says he lives in Denver... He could have been staying with him...

I get the "UP" reference but unfortunately I'm still not seeing anything that indicates where NS was during the shootings. I BELIEVE he was mostly in Co , going back to the grandparents here and there, mostly for money. I just wish we could find something/anything that shows where he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019