CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is that photo with the black dot underneath the balloon:

genthumb.ashx

Investigators say was attached when landed? the basket was damaged and they couldn't tell at first? This is confusing. I never saw a basket. I guess it was crushed.

On TheDenverChannel.com, reporter saying there was no basket attached. What we are seeing is the entire aircraft. Makes my stomach knot up about what the deputy may have seen drop

From what appears to be the first pictures taken in the neighborhood, I don't see anything that wasn't on the craft when it crashed. No basket.
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-boy-balloon-pg,0,3574437.photogallery

One description given on news, I was channel flipping so it could have been Fox or CNN or HLN, was that a small wooden box or basket that held recording equipment and batteries was what the boy supposedly got into. Very small. A sub-sheriff reported seeing something fall from the craft. The other two boys on roof of house with a camera when it launched into the air? Looks like the boys know exactly what happened. I didn't see anything either.

OMG! CNN have a picture of something falling off.

And listening to the live feed ... they are saying the basket was attached when it landed and was damaged.

Boy, we are getting a lot of reports here!

Investigators say was attached when landed? the basket was damaged and they couldn't tell at first? This is confusing. I never saw a basket. I guess it was crushed.

no, it detached midair. CNN stating roughly 35 miles from take off.....

Ok...in same breath CNN anchor states that the basket may have been attached at landing.

why were these kids at home during the school day? homeschooled?

CNN now showing still pic of balloon in midair with "something" black falling from it....
Oh no! I've been trying to convince myself that this was a publicity stunt, if poor Falcon plunged to his death, I am going to have a major case of the "guilts".

Supposedly, the bottom of the basket/box was very flimsy wood. And it could be the bottom that was seen falling off. Hope this is just a prank and when things get uncomfortable for the boys maybe they will point out where the other boy is hiding. Hoping.........

The term "boys will be boys" comes to mind... I'm more to think this wasn't malicious... probably the older brother got the bright idea to use the smallest brother to test the balloon. I have been checking some of the science based sites to see if anyone has a balloon kit for flying, and have yet to find one... I'll keep looking.

If it was a small wooden basket or box, would his weight have supported it that long in the air? I would think the basket/box would have fallen quickly?

Hard to tell what that speck is. It could be anything at this point.

Praying for his safety.

Maz

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads