CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also its disadvantages - my older brother used to make me jump off the barn roof into the snow drifts below before he did it, to make sure the hay raker wasn't hidden under there. :eek:

LOL. He made you!!!! Good times and glad we are now laughing since this day was exhausting. We ALL sure were worried about that little boy. :angel:

Reporter is talking on phone saying the boys are running around on the cars......etc.

Falcon is now hanging onto the rafters of the ceiling of the garage showing the press how he did it.

So I guess there was a presser but the media wasn't set up to broadcast it? huh?

I know, that's what gets me! I have 7 boys at home ages 4-16 and of course my precious baby girl. Believe me when I tell you they have pulled some doozies...my older 3 boys did as well. But if they would have just stood there and watched me lose my mind ( for hours) thinking my child was in that craft....oh h3ll no! :nono:lol

That's a great point.

I bet they accidently let Daddy's balloon go and came up with this story to cover their hiney's. If they convinced Falcon it was his fault, he'd have hid in that box until doomsday. I bet they went to the roof trying to catch the rope. I just saw a still shot of the family's press conference (no video yet) and the older two boys are looking at the ground and like they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, while Falcon, held by his Daddy, seems animated and just fine.

Capture.jpg

I predict now the family will now do the Media circuit either tomorrow or all next week and dad will work on choreographing a new YouTube Video. :sheesh:

So, what's gonna be the outcome?

Child Protective Services stepping in?
The family billed for search and rescue expenses?

Somehow I don't think it's going to be to let sleeping dogs lie.

Reporter is talking on phone saying the boys are running around on the cars......etc.

If they were mine, they wouldn't be running around cars... they would be running from ME.

Sounds like the boys are out-of-control...

I agree. I understand a lot of this "boys will be boys" talk, but this was a major thing. There are millions of little boys in the world, and not nearly that many ridiculously huge schemes like this. The parents provided the staging, through the balloon being unlocked, and also taught the kids to be publicity hounds. This not as simple as "boys will be boys," IMO.

And, on a side note, I also recall from my own youth that girls are not immune to stunts, themselves, and not all boys play into the same gender stereotypes.

I really agree. There are "attractive nuisance" laws that require landowners to make sure things that are dangerous and potentially attractive to children are properly guarded or the landowner will be held responsible if anyone is hurt on the property. Examples in Florida are sandpiles, pools, abandoned equipment, junkyards, etc. This applies to random people, parents should be held to a higher standard!

Haha and you're right, "boys will be boys" is more accurately "curious children will be curious children." I was a wild, hyperactive little girl who constantly tried to do gymnastics on the 2" wide top of a 6' high fence (I apparently NEEDED a balance beam). Now I realize why my mother trailed me like an undercover detective making sure I didn't kill myself. Meanwhile my brother was always holed up with a book telling on me. :)

I tend to think you're probably right......

I think you hit the nail on the head. I can understand the prank, but when that first call was made to 911, it was time to come clean. Perhaps because they were so used to being in front of cameras and on TV and getting so much attention from the public that they didn't think as much of it as other children may have.

If wifeswap was an accurate representation of their family, then these kids also have not been taught that anyone else has feelings that need to be respected. They have been taught to do whatever they want, that they can be as rude and gross as they would like, that there are no rules and that safety is for "*advertiser censored*" as they say. This family is well known for not adequately supervising their kids and for encouraging them to act in unsafe way and for actually putting them in harms way purposefully. Dad is an immature person. Acts like he's 15.

JVM is dedicating her entire show to this. I bet she had to do some massive re-writes in the past few hours!

Here ya go boys & girls...pick your poison...lol
I think we all need a drink!
Drinks.jpg

I vote for #1 and #2, but this is Colorado. I better hush now.

I would hope that the American public would let the parents and media know they're too revolted by such poor parenting to consider these people entertaining enough to encourage.

...But then I remember Octomom... :sheesh:

I now wonder if the parents...will get a hefty bill in mail that they will have to pay. Sheesh, I can't imagine the kids pulled this off for this many hours.
I sat on my rear all day, watching this all take place. lol

I wonder that too lilpony. Also,there was the shutdown of the northbound departures from one of the nations' busiest airport because of this. Yikes!! I wouldn't want to be in that house around the dinner table tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member