GUILTY CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy Hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
By P. SOLOMON BANDA (AP) – 5 hours ago
FORT COLLINS, Colo. — The Federal Aviation Administration has opened its own investigation into the 50-mile flight of the helium balloon that briefly delayed flights at Denver International Airport after a couple reported that their 6-year-old son may have been on board, an official said Tuesday.
FAA spokesman Mike Fergus said the agency investigates civil allegations rather than criminal ones. He declined to provide details on the nature of the FAA probe or its possible outcome.
<snip>
Alderden said authorities also would be seeking restitution for the costs of the balloon chase, though he didn't provide a figure.
more at link: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iC6jwbmzuVUF4YLJVJo5CPNtOLxQD9BF5DTG0

Personally, I'm glad that the boy is safe altogether.

Now, I hope that the authorities make their parents pay back every single dime for this search. Because of the stunt that they pulled, their community is going to be giving them (& unfortunately, their children) a lot of dirty looks & ridicule, etc., for quite a long while.

Some people these days would do anything for attention, & all just for their 15 minutes of fame, even if it is bad.

updated 8:10 p.m. EDT, Tue October 20, 2009
By Breeanna Hare
CNN
(CNN) -- It's just one thing after another for Richard and Mayumi Heene. They've caused such an uproar after last week's alleged balloon boy hoax that Lifetime won't air a re-run of their "Wife Swap" episode.

<snip>
That triggered an investigation that revealed the frightful incident was a hoax, police said. Richard and Mayumi Heene are now facing a number of local charges, and the Federal Aviation Administration has begun its own balloon boy investigation, officials said.
As a result, Lifetime has decided to erase the family's "Wife Swap" past from the network. "Once we found out" [it was allegedly a hoax], the spokesperson said, "we decided to pull it off the air. At this time, we don't have any plans to air it in the near future." more at link: http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/20/heene.wife.swap/

They are throwing away A LOT, I MEAN A TON, OF MONEY, by doing that. I guarantee you it would be one of the highest rated cable shows of all time. I hate those shows but I'd tune in to watch them.

OMG! HLN just played Richard Heene's THEME SONG that he wrote & recorded for his (non existent)show! NO JOKE!Im dying its so funny!Its professionally recorded with back up singers-the works!I hope someone puts it up on YouTube-its terrible & thusly hilarious & probably the only silver lining in this black cloud of hot mess.
"Richard Heene-Science Detective"!!!!!!
This guy is totally out there & way too desperate to be famous.I mean recording a theme song for a show named after you that doesnt exist?Isnt that like making a video for a song/group that doesnt exist?? ;)

RICHARD HEENEEEEEEEE SCIENCE DETECTIVEEEEEEEE! Im going to hear it in my head alllll day!

The Halloween costume for all the kiddies; http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/dpgo_Balloon_Boy_Halloween_Costume_dfw_fc_20091021_4147052

The model airplane company Microflight is offering a Balloon Boy Halloween Costume Kit for $19.99. Included is a mushroom-shaped silver mylar balloon, and a "laser-cut" gondola kit that you put together. You also supply the helium to make it float.

The costume is clearly tongue-in-cheek, if you read the description on the website:

"Lightweight costume is easy to carry, actually if you're not careful - it might carry you!" it reads. "Tie it around your wrist. Just make sure you have lots of candy for extra ballast weight! But watch out if you put high voltage on it - the ions on the outside might propel you!"

The site features additional suggestions for making your costume more authentic: adding a string and perhaps a cardboard box along with a name tag that says, "Hi, my name is Falcon."

If you just can't wait for Halloween, you can celebrate the media frenzy over the Heene's balloon launch with the Balloon Boy online video game.

They are throwing away A LOT, I MEAN A TON, OF MONEY, by doing that. I guarantee you it would be one of the highest rated cable shows of all time. I hate those shows but I'd tune in to watch them.

Right, and they don't throw money away for no reason. They've pulled it due to possible litigation down the road. They really don't want to have to answer for why they didn't check out Heene thoroughly enough. He has arrests, one that included a weapon, and TMZ was able to locate them. Now it's about covering their bottoms, in case this guy goes off. JMHO, of course :)

911 call by the wife about the kid. http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/player/audio/101609_balloon_911_v2.mp3

Dey sheed seeks thar moneis bax frem dat dere actin cless dey tooks.

Houston, we have an acting problem.

I know that 911 operators have to take people seriously but my God. If I were a 911 operator it would be all I could do to not hang up on them after the first 30 seconds.

I've watched a lot of Forensics Files and when they have audio of a 911 call, the bad actors stick out like Oprah's eyes whenever a large ham goes by.

Right, and they don't throw money away for no reason. They've pulled it due to possible litigation down the road. They really don't want to have to answer for why they didn't check out Heene thoroughly enough. He has arrests, one that included a weapon, and TMZ was able to locate them. Now it's about covering their bottoms, in case this guy goes off. JMHO, of course :)

I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV and I'm not even a non-attorney spokesman but I fail to see what they could get sued for? They own the rights to the show. They didn't produce it they bought the syndication rights, I would believe, and therefore should have no liability.

I'm most likely wrong because you're probably right. There's some reason to pass on all of those bucks. It wouldn't surprise me though if you see a reversal of that decision after they talk to their lawyers.

:cow:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51BMwa94iII&feature=PlayList&p=F06FED019BD6CDA1&index=30"]YouTube - Balloon Boy on Wife Swap 1 of 5[/ame]

Mayumi sings like a bad Yoko Ono wannabe, just sayin.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_WTWSHUi5M"]YouTube - Balloon Boy on Wife Swap 3 of 5[/ame]

SteelyDan- Thanks for putting those up, wow, somebody needs to wash out Richard's mouth with soap too, not just the 6 year olds. I can't imagine being stuck at his house for a week, with him yelling all the time. I'm thinking Mayumi should have taken the sheriff's offer of putting her in a safe place. She could probably use the vacation.

The thing is they saw how violent he was on the first wifeswap and had him back on a second show. I think that the networks don't care, so long as you don't hit anyone, you can be as verbally abusive as you want. As a matter of fact they like it because it raises ratings. People have to stop watching for things to change. imo

I would consider attempting to stuff toilet paper down someone's throat and throwing milk on someone to be "assault".

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have never watched Wife Swap but it looks like being obnoxious and unpleasant will get you selected for the show. The Heene family has to have been their prize find. Richard is nauseating and Falcon, sadly, acts like a mini Richard. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why do people find this entertaining? Heene obviously has no real talent or skills so being rude and aggressive is his contribution to society and it did/does get him attention. He [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]has been [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]continually rewarded for being the biggest jerk in the [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]room[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. And following in his footsteps are his kids. Tragic[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OT -- Last night we went out to eat to a very nice restaurant and we could hardly hear each other to have a conversation. The family that arrived after us had their kids screaming and running around the table. The group of young adults next to us were laughing so loud nothing else could be heard. I'm [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]truly [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]not a stick in the mud but what happened to civil behavior? [/FONT]

YAY! TMZ has the "Richard Heene-Science Detective"theme up!
http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/20/richard-heene-balloon-boy-reality-show-theme-music/

They also have his theme for his other imaginary show "The Contractor" up as well but ,imo,it lacks the sass "Science Detective" has.

Enjoy! :)

Thanks VespaElf...Caught that on Prime News yesterday and found it unfortunately stuck in my head for a good part of the afternoon. :sick:
After a while I started to spice up the words a little...

“When you want to watch a hoax put on by a jerk
Foul-mouthed kids, crazy schemes that don’t work
Tune in to our show, don’t be so selective
Watch Richard Heene, Mental Defective!”

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... HAHAHA... HA... ok, I'm done... nope, wait... HAHAHAHA.

So much fail in those. :loser:

He'll give you a new perspective, alright... from Mars.

Isn't that awfully long for an intro song. :loser:

Isn't that awfully long for an advertisment? :loser:

I can't believe I listened to those. :banghead:

OMG! HLN just played Richard Heene's THEME SONG that he wrote & recorded for his (non existent)show! NO JOKE!Im dying its so funny!Its professionally recorded with back up singers-the works!I hope someone puts it up on YouTube-its terrible & thusly hilarious & probably the only silver lining in this black cloud of hot mess.
"Richard Heene-Science Detective"!!!!!!
This guy is totally out there & way too desperate to be famous.I mean recording a theme song for a show named after you that doesnt exist?Isnt that like making a video for a song/group that doesnt exist?? ;)

RICHARD HEENEEEEEEEE SCIENCE DETECTIVEEEEEEEE! Im going to hear it in my head alllll day!

I just luv how he calls himself a science detective and has only a high school education. So... I'm a librarian because I work in a library and like reading -- even though I don't have a degree. Hahaha...

I would consider attempting to stuff toilet paper down someone's throat and throwing milk on someone to be "assault".

Assault with bovine weapon!! :cow: and a crappy weapon.

Seriously, you're right. I was wrong about watching those shows. I couldn't make it through both parts without looking at other webpages.

Thanks VespaElf...Caught that on Prime News yesterday and found it unfortunately stuck in my head for a good part of the afternoon. :sick:
After a while I started to spice up the words a little...

“When you want to watch a hoax put on by a jerk
Foul-mouthed kids, crazy schemes that don’t work
Tune in to our show, don’t be so selective
Watch Richard Heene, Mental Defective!”

:floorlaugh:

I listened to the contractor one last. I have that damn song stuck in my head now. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill1620
Back