CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good work. Stick with it. I sometimes think we here are the investigators!
The worst they can say is that it's not a match....

I have felt the same way at times. We are the investigators and truth finders for the missing and murdered..:smiliescale:

Lets HOPE LE got a detailed description on the man who was holding that gun on the young man with his hands tied with a white cord, from the hunter/friend that is still alive...Did the 2 hunters see a vehicle?

Too bad these 2 hunters, carrying rifles to poach deer, was such COWARDS they didn't rescue this boy, 2 rifles against one shotgun...
HOW could they live with their selves and just erase it from their memories? Knowing they could have saved this young person's life?
QUOTE:
June 1998:
A dying man hoping to clear his conscience tells investigators with the Delta County Sheriff’s Department that he knows what happened to Roger Ellison.

According to the man’s account, he and a friend were poaching deer in a wooded area northwest of Cedaredge in early spring of 1981 when they came upon a young man whose hands were bound by white cord and being held at gunpoint by another man.

One of the eyewitnesses, who picked Ellison out of a photo lineup, reported hearing two gunshots several minutes after the pair left the area.

The two men made a pact to never talk about what they saw and erased it from their memories. The dying man passed a polygraph test.
His friend also came forward and corroborated his story.

I went to school with Roger Ellison. He was an underclassman when I was a Senior. Nice kid, very personable and didn't deserve what happened to him regardless "things aren't what they seem". What I remember of him he wouldn't intentional hurt anyone and I know it would have pained him greatly knowing what his parents went through. I did leave Cedaredge after graduation and Pash wasn't there when I attended. I have met up with people who definately had the opinion that Mr. Pash was involved. From what I heard he was "the dude to get your pot from". The other was the city police where in on the cover up and everyone was to scared to talk. Well, I would like to suggest that enough time has gone by and those causing the intimidation don't hold much over those with information. Kids are easily intimidated and now that they are all older adults and with intensive media coverage on their side they shouldn't be afraid anymore.
Here are a few things I've heard. Pash was married, but his wife divorced him not long after Rogers disappearance. He moved from Cedaredge sometime between 1983 and 1985. He's been teaching in Madera since at least 1988. So when they dug up his yard in 1994 he wasn't living there.
I've thought of Roger often over the years and I was pleased to see that perhaps his case can soon be solved.
What can we do to speed up the DNA testing?

I went to school with Roger Ellison. He was an underclassman when I was a Senior. Nice kid, very personable and didn't deserve what happened to him regardles of his eliged drug use. What I remember of him he wouldn't intentional hurt anyone. I did leave Cedaredge after graduation, but I have met up with people who definately had the opinion that Mr. Pash was involved. From what I heard he was "the dude to get your pot from". The other was the city police where in on the cover up and everyone was to scared to talk. Well, I would like to suggest that enough time has gone by and those causing the intimidation don't hold much over those with information. Kids are easily intimidated and now that they are all older adults and with intensive media coverage on their side they shouldn't be afraid anymore.
Here are a few things I've heard. Pash was married, but his wife divorced him not long after Rogers disappearance. He moved from Cedaredge sometime between 1983 and 1985. He's been teaching in Madera since at least 1988. So when they dug up his yard in 1994 he wasn't living there.
I've thought of Roger often over the years and I was pleased to see that perhaps his case can soon be solved.
What can we do to speed up the DNA testing?

Welcome Peridot1! If you don't mind mine asking, what were the rumors going around at the time, if you remember? Is Cedaredge a small town (population wise)? If you don't feel comfortable sharing more here, would you be willing to contact the person who mentioned earlier that they are looking into this story? (I think it's coldcase1- I have to read back to be sure.)

At any rate, thank you for posting your thoughts! :blowkiss:

Thank you for the welcome.
Cedaredge was and I believe still is a small town. Back then the junior high and high schools were in the same building. I would say the high school had about 200 kids. I'm not sure of the population, maybe 4,000 including outlining areas. Let's just say it had 2 gas stations and 1 grocery store and a bar. It was a gorgeous small town that I had never feared to walk alone even at night. Disappearing teenagers was definately not even thought of.
What I stated earlier is about all I heard in rumors. If I do recall some crediable ones I will post.
I did hear once that Mr. Pash was arrested in Washington States for manslaughter and was in prison. Well that turned out not to be true. So unless I can prove it I will only post if I've heard it from more than one source.
One observation I do have is that Roger's locker was in the basement so he could have easily left the school building out the south entrance without being seen. There are no windows to class rooms on that side of the building. I remember sneaking out those doors to the parking lot on many occasions without being caught. Across that parking lot is a rock wall about 2.5 - 3 feet tall. Every morning there were kids sitting on that wall smoking and chatting. This particular wall ran parallel to Pash's house and yard. If he had been digging in his back yard I think they would have noticed. All though the "rockwallers" were somtimes, but not always pot smokers, so they're loyalties could have been with Pash(a rumored supplier). Wouldn't yours if you thought he had killed someone.
It's possible Roger could have been killed in one area and moved to another 3hours away. It pains me to think those to poachers could have done something and didn't. I wonder if it published somewhere exactly where the body was found in Chaffee County. I am currently in Colorado and would like to go to the sight myself. Does anyone know how I can find that out?
I wish people who went to school with Roger and knew him well were just has instered has solving his case as you all have been. I appreciate your efforts.

Thanks so much for your view of things in Cedaredge! While I'm in CO, I don't know where Cedaredge is and my knowledge of the state is very limited.

Perhaps when some of the other sleuthers check in here, they may be able to talk to you more? It would be great if you could stay on here!

Will you check back in to see what some of the other and more experienced people have to say?

Again, thanks Peridot1!:blowkiss:

The questions on this board are the same questions that the residents of Cedaredge have been asking for years.

Peridot1, I am the journalist that Boyz_Mum referred to as looking into the story. I would be very interested in talking with you about what you remember. Check out my blog at http://findrogerellison.wordpress.com/ and click on the Contact link to send me an email.

I am interested in solving this case as well - 28 years is a long time to wait for justice.

coldcase1

Glad to have you here Perridot!:)
Your input is most welcome!

Coldcase1, Good work, very interesting...A picture speaks a thousand words.

Do you know where the social studies teacher/ wrestling coach grew-up, went to college and worked before being employed at Cedaredge High School??

How long did he stay at Cedaredge after Roger went missing? :book:

another thought..............the boiler room, who was the janitor at that time and who had access to that area? someone could have grabbed him and held him in the boiler room untill school was over and everyone gone.

tx sporky, lucky you, you can open a pdf:)

another thought..............the boiler room, who was the janitor at that time and who had access to that area?

someone could have grabbed him and held him in the boiler room untill school was over and everyone gone.

tx sporky, lucky you, you can open a pdf:)

orb4me, a very good possibility. my theory is: the house next door or the boiler room...:shutup:

Any new developments? The ME''s office or whoever is in charge of obtaining a DNA match is sure taking their time on this one.

I checked on the DNA testing and there is nothing new to report. I am making my way down a long list of potential witnesses in the case. It's very time consuming unlike the TV shows where they have the case wrapped up in an hour! Check out my blog for the latest developments on the case: http://findrogerellison.wordpress.com

coldcase1

I checked on the DNA testing and there is nothing new to report. I am making my way down a long list of potential witnesses in the case. It's very time consuming unlike the TV shows where they have the case wrapped up in an hour! Check out my blog for the latest developments on the case: http://findrogerellison.wordpress.com

coldcase1

I understand that. I have been on your Roger Ellison page many times. My point being is that the UID was first mentioned as a possible match to Roger in August 2008 (by Intuition), about 7 months ago. This case just stinks of shoddy police work. Where is the urgency on their part? How about a statement from the PD at least? Maybe this Pash fellow (if involved, I'll make that clear) would start shaking in his boots if he even heard a mention of a body of a male teenager found in Colorado that matches many of Roger's characteristics. One question. Since you have researched his case extensively, is it possible that the PD does not want to be made to look incompetent for not noticing this UID years ago? The John Doe located looks like the best match I have probably ever seen in comparison to someone who is missing, and I think many on this WS thread would agree. I hope they didn't lose any evidence, DNA samples, etc.

Case in point: 2 weeks ago an UID female was identified in Texas as Bambi Lynn Dick. She went missing in 1983 from Iowa. The DNA match took a few weeks to verify. She was from another state, and I'm sure Texas is a lot busier than Colorado.

Did you walk around the backyard? if so, can you describe what was there?

Did you walk around the backyard? if so, can you describe what was there?

Hey CaptAmerica, not me, coldcase1 may know about the backyard or further information. Sorry I can't help you! :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper