Found Deceased CO - Ryder Johnson, 20, Boulder County, 17 Jan 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I were his family I would be upset that the police chose to put his mugshot on his missing poster. Especially since it was such a minor crime. I could understand if there were no other recent pictures or if he looked dramatically different in the mugshot then in other pictures but he doesn't so I wonder why they chose to include that pic.

If LE wants locals to check their outbuildings, they must not consider him dangerous.

No news = not good news..... 20 something year old male, near water, missing and reported so by gf. Seems like MAYBE there is a back story here.... hoping for the best but ... does not sound good.

And now there's another young man missing under similar circumstances within 15 miles of Gross Reservoir- Seth Kienzle. Both men live outside of Boulder, both of their cars found abandoned in mountain areas in Boulder County. Ryder worked at a ski resort and Seth is pictured skiing or snowboarding. They may be totally unconnected, but I think it's strange that two men went missing in the area in a little more than a month.

They say Seth is from Denver. I wish they would actually say WHERE though. Denver is too vast and there are better identifying names than just Denver. He could be as far out as Aurora or as north as Westminster, IMO. Ryder is certainly closer to Boulder than Seth is. If he was headed to Ft. Collins that night, I cannot figure out why he would be in Boulder in that part anyway unless he was picking somebody up or dropping somebody off.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-...human-remains-found-at-eldora-mountain-resort On my phone, so I don't have copy and paste skills, but they found a foot in a boot on the mountain. Odd if he was seen leaving Eldora, and odder still that his car was found miles away. Of course, I'm just speculating, since Boulder LE says they have no idea who the remains belong to. But he worked there, was last seen there, and now remains are found there, so.... RIP whoever this is.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-...human-remains-found-at-eldora-mountain-resort On my phone, so I don't have copy and paste skills, but they found a foot in a boot on the mountain. Odd if he was seen leaving Eldora, and odder still that his car was found miles away. Of course, I'm just speculating, since Boulder LE says they have no idea who the remains belong to. But he worked there, was last seen there, and now remains are found there, so.... RIP whoever this is.

Here's the C&P:

Boulder County sheriff's investigators this morning resumed their search of Eldora Mountain Resort following the discovery of a human foot inside a snow boot, and now believe the remains do not belong to an employee of the ski area who has been missing since January.

Sheriff's detectives responded to the ski resort west of Nederland on Wednesday afternoon after an employee called police to report finding a boot containing human remains in a clearing near the base of the mountain.

Officials today said the boot is a left, size 13, men's Rugged Outback snow-style boot. Inside the boot was a black sock and human remains consisting of a foot and lower leg bones.

Note to self: See the Daily Camera for all the articles on Nederland and the homeless, campers, recent petitions, etc. I just saw them yesterday.

Here's the C&P:

What the...??? I mean, how long do they think it's been there? Wouldn't we also have a missing skier..wouldn't Eldora know of somebody who lost a FOOT if that person is still alive? This is weird. I wonder if he truly drove himself to the spot where his car was found, or somebody else dumped it off there. I'm on pins and needles while they do a DNA on this foot. Bizarre.

Maybe he was back country somewhere and became injured and an animal got to him.

What the...??? I mean, how long do they think it's been there? Wouldn't we also have a missing skier..wouldn't Eldora know of somebody who lost a FOOT if that person is still alive? This is weird. I wonder if he truly drove himself to the spot where his car was found, or somebody else dumped it off there. I'm on pins and needles while they do a DNA on this foot. Bizarre.

Maybe he was back country somewhere and became injured and an animal got to him.

Quoting myself here, I was about to say that it doesn't explain his car being found. But maybe he drove his car there and hiked his ski gear out to back country, became injured, and an animal dragged him back towards Eldora?

Sorry for blowing up this thread...now I realize it wasn't a ski boot, but a snow boot, so probably no skiing going on.

Maybe it was a suicide and an animal found him :( Still strange though because Eldora is like 26 miles away from where his car was.

Thank you, OkieGranny for the C&P.
ZhaZhaha, I think they said they don't believe the remains belong to Ryder, and Seth Kienzle's friend says he has much smaller feet-like size 8 or 9. Also, not sure if it's still true, but 20 years ago, you could get from Ned to Flagstaff from Magnolia Road, cutting off a bunch of miles. It was rough but doable in an Eagle station wagon. There are a bunch of hippies living in the woods around there, and I'm afraid this could end up like the Grateful Doe case. Hopefully, there is resolution soon.

Still nothing. Were they able to identify who's foot was found? A bizarre case.

So sad. Six months and nothing on either of these two guys? [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came over to check since it would be odd to find a foot where someone is missing. It's not him though!

Family offers $100,000 for information on missing Eldora worker
20160818__19dcareww-1.jpg

The family of Ryder Johnson, the Lafayette man who went missing in January, is now offering a reward of $100,000 for leads on his whereabouts.
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/18/ryder-johnson-family-offers-reward-missing-eldora-worker/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves
Back