CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically the cops knew the day he did all the interviews that they were alive or dead at the home. Can the LE not make an arrest off of the dogs alert alone? Thet have to have more concrete evidence than that? I just wonder why it took 2 days. I guess technically LE had to make sure it was him that did it before they arrested him?

And i am a long time lurker but first time poster. So i hope i don’t sound too wet behind the ears!

The dogs alert to the fact that somebody died, they don't say who. So for example had an elderly relative lived there and died at some point, then it could be that they alert to. In the circumstances I guess it forms part of the investigation and assists LE in their early work.

As a divorce attorney I can tell you that it is grueling for many people. And devastating financially. They lose half their income and assets and some while paying support.

He may have consulted an attorney and determined the ramifications of divorce.

I just don't understand how the hell any of this is easier than that! Even if he wasn't charged!!

It's insane. Life in prison with nothing, or having to pay child support for 14 years? Easy choice for most people, but I guess he seriously thought he was smarter then everyone so in his mind it was the best of both worlds.

So I don't have enough gumption to go back and look for the link on this beautiful Saturday...but didn't they all go to the beauty shop together that day, the whole family? I still think it's unlikely that SW started talking to the hairdresser, friends that they may very well be, about leaving her husband while he was right there. Anyway I'll have to watch that movie.

Yeah, that woman bugged me.

In “Steel Magnolias”, the beauty shop was very much a female place. Just as a barber shop is for men.

I’m guessing Chris felt a little bit like a fish out of water. If he’s like other men who like football and race cars, he’s not going to have a lot to say. Was he going to jump in on the gossip about Lila’s wedding and Cindy’s hot flashes? My husband wouldn’t have a lot to say in such a female-oriented place.

And I suspect that Shanann’s mother didn’t appreciate that woman blabbing sensitive information about her daughter’s marriage on national news. Something that was certainly discussed confidentially - or something that she might have overheard.

If she’s talking about something she herself observed, fine. Blabbing about someone’s marriage who she didn’t even know on camera - that’s shameful.

As a divorce attorney I can tell you that it is grueling for many people. And devastating financially. They lose half their income and assets and some while paying support.

He may have consulted an attorney and determined the ramifications of divorce.

I just don't understand how the hell any of this is easier than that! Even if he wasn't charged!!
(Divorce attorney? Gitana’s inbox suddenly fills up haha)

How do you know she wasn't bringing in any money? How much money would she bring in getting a clerical job at some insurance company and paying for a full time babysitter, and transportation costs? Seems like she was working as hard as any gal can given her pregnancy, the lupus, having 2 small kids, and her husband to take care of. And house.
Still several pages behind but wanted to comment on this post. According to her friend that posted here she was doing fairly well and moving up in the company.
Which for some reason was as I suspected.
Also at some point she was working at a hospital making 18.00 an hour,so she wasn't a slacker considering her health issues. IMO

BBM

People literally do this day in and day out with processed/pre-packaged frozen meals from the store, so what's the difference?

;)
The difference is hers were homemade and fresher. My mom used to make a big pan of things like lasagna then quick freeze it in individual tins and then we'd have that when she was out of town or we came home late or whatever it was awesome! Add a salad and Bam homemade healthy mom-cooked dinner.

Yeah, that woman bugged me.

In “Steel Magnolias”, the beauty shop was very much a female place. Just as a barber shop is for men.

I’m guessing Chris felt a little bit like a fish out of water. If he’s like other men who like football and race cars, he’s not going to have a lot to say. Was he going to jump in on the gossip about Lila’s wedding and Cindy’s hot flashes? My husband wouldn’t have a lot to say in such a female-oriented place.

And I suspect that Shanann’s mother didn’t appreciate that woman blabbing sensitive information about her daughter’s marriage on national news. Something that was certainly discussed confidentially - or something that she might have overheard.

If she’s talking about something she herself observed, fine. Blabbing about someone’s marriage who she didn’t even know on camera - that’s shameful.
I agree. Drives me crazy when all these friends of friends of friends come out of the woodwork and give an interview on camera

Still several pages behind but wanted to comment on this post. According to her friend that posted here she was doing fairly well and moving up in the company.
Which for some reason was as I suspected.
Also at some point she was working at a hospital making 18.00 an hour,so she wasn't a slacker considering her health issues. IMO
All you powermoms out there deserve an award!!!! Taking care of all that you do!!!

It seems the kids were going to daycare and she used to make $18 per hour working nights. She must likely took a pay cut to Thrive. When pyramid schemes became illegal, companies found a loophole that you can still do the pyramid as long as there is a product involved. That's what today's MLM is, some are better than others. I've known many people that mostly just sold product and didn't try to recruit anyone (like Mary kay). This one seems more like a pyramid to me.
She was so excited to FINALLY be able to afford the private school (daycare) that she could not afford before working Le-Vel. With all due respect no one here knows what they're talking about when it comes to this company or what she was making. It's grasping at very fickle straws. She was making very good money with the company though she did also invest back into it.

The HOA had filed suits against two or three other homeowners this year. I'm not sure how big the neighborhood is. It doesn't sound like a widespread protest of the HOA is going on.

I don’t know why but some people do not prioritize this. It’s curious. Around here, HOAs include trash and recycle. But it’s been my experience that renters are held responsible and they are the ones that slack off.

I'm not shocked that his defense tactic is to blame it on her and cry "rage", but I actually thought we might see them try either parasomnia or a dissociative fugue state in this-and it could still be coming. That all of his "stressors", combined with chemical reactions from the Burn shake and Thrive patch, either made him sleepwalk or else put him into some kind of state that made him unaware of what he was doing until it was too late.

Mind you, I don't believe any of that. I just thought I could see it coming.

I know it's been shown about the previous bankruptcy but has it been said that they are still having financial difficulties. That was a few years ago and things could have improved over that amount of time. The debt with the HOA could have been their only debt apart from home living expenses. I don't see the HOA debt being a reason to kill anyone.
. Other than the HOA thing, there is nothing showing they were having financial difficulties, it's all speculation from prior bankruptcy. Within 3 years of filing bankruptcy, I owned a new home, and have never had money issues again. IMO they probably were doing just fine, money wise.

The dogs alert to the fact that somebody died, they don't say who. So for example had an elderly relative lived there and died at some point, then it could be that they alert to. In the circumstances I guess it forms part of the investigation and assists LE in their early work.
Very valid point!!!! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member