CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorillas do that too. Rock their dead babies and kiss them and do not want to let them go.
When I was holding a dead baby, I would not give her up to anyone. I had to be talked into going back into my house and putting her in her bed.

I’m so sorry. I used to work on the L&D unit and we had babies die in utero or at birth and it was often really hard for them to let go. I remember one time I had to carry a baby in a tiny body bag down to the morgue and the dad jogged up behind me and asked if it would be ok if he came with me and saw where I was putting his daughter. He said, “I just want to make sure she is safe.”

Gorillas do that too. Rock their dead babies and kiss them and do not want to let them go.
When I was holding a dead baby, I would not give her up to anyone. I had to be talked into going back into my house and putting her in her bed.

Same here. :-( Our coroner was up on the mountain hunting and he couldn't be reached for several hours. I sat there and held on until lividity set in. It took two police officers, a nurse, my husband, and a paramedic to gently take him away from me to put him into the ambulance to be transferred to our state ME. That's why I have trouble wrapping my head around CW's actions. Whether he's lying or telling the truth, NOTHING (IMO) justifies what he did to the girls' bodies. (Or his wife's.)

I don't know if I could defend my child in this circumstance. I love them with all my being, but if they dumped my grandchildren? I'm thinking maybe they are so overcome with grief, maybe embarrassed ashamed that they have nothing to say. IMO i would be mortified in this situation.

I would be mortified as well but still it is my character that I would reach out to let the inlaws know I felt for them and share their pain.

Divorce isn't death obviously, but my son and DIL and I had a discussion about how things would be handled if they ever got divorced. It came about because a family member got divorced and was furious because his mother kept in touch with the ex wife. I made it totally clear to my son that should they be divorced some day that would be their business and not mine. Should they do that I would continue my relationship with my DIL because she will ALWAYS be my grandchildren's mother no matter what. She has been a fantastic mom to those girls and they adore her. I love her for how wonderful she is with my grandchildren and could not have asked for a better mom for them. I would never disrespect her nor would I disrespect the love my granddaughter's have for her.

My son knows I meant every word of this. He also knows I don't play games, choose sides or anything of the like. I raised my kids with a saying "don't do the crime if you don't wanna do the time". They TOTALLY get this because they know I don't make threats. I will stand behind them to the end if they are right but I will not lie or cover for them if they are in the wrong. Never gonna happen.

To me there is right and wrong and I will always go for right even knowing sometimes doing the right thing may not be in your own best interest. He was raised that way and he fully understands I walk my talk. I have to live with myself and like who I am as a person. I can't possibly do that if I don't do the right thing or at least attempt to.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I've a hunch I know exactly how SW and her daughters were treated behind closed doors.

Moo
Yup, you'll never win against a personality disordered individual. I mean, you will, but never in their mind.
Must run in CW’s family since they implied they are related to him.
Personality disorders absolutely run in families. Narcissists raise narcissists. Have seen it with my own eyes, and it's well-documented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member