CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted by @SuperTmo in thread 10: “I’m so sorry. I used to work on the L&D unit and we had babies die in utero or at birth and it was often really hard for them to let go. I remember one time I had to carry a baby in a tiny body bag down to the morgue and the dad jogged up behind me and asked if it would be ok if he came with me and saw where I was putting his daughter. He said, “I just want to make sure she is safe.”

I’m not crying. (I’m in a heap sobbing.)

This is what love, suffering and grief looks like.

Thanks, as this site had a new exclusive video interview embedded in the article..
I have no idea why we censored The Epoch Times. We could have censored the site as long ago as yesterday and hey, you all don't expect me to remember that far back do you? Hope not.
BRB. I will un-censor this article

Posted by @SuperTmo in thread 10: “I’m so sorry. I used to work on the L&D unit and we had babies die in utero or at birth and it was often really hard for them to let go. I remember one time I had to carry a baby in a tiny body bag down to the morgue and the dad jogged up behind me and asked if it would be ok if he came with me and saw where I was putting his daughter. He said, “I just want to make sure she is safe.”

I’m not crying. (I’m in a heap sobbing.)

This is what love, suffering and grief looks like.

Yeah. This dad never ever got to know his baby alive. Never got to look into her eyes or feel her wiggle in his arms. She never took a breath on her own. Yet he wanted to make sure she was safe. I took that to mean he wanted to make sure her body would be treated respectfully until the funeral home came to get her. He’d never have another chance to protect her.

That is why I will never believe CW ever truly loved his girls. He may have seen the bond other parents have with their kids, and thought he was imitating it. By outward appearances it sounds like he loved them, but the truth is that he didn’t. Fathers who love their children take care of them even after they depart this world.

If CW family has any moral character, they would encourage their son to plead guilty to murder for Shannahan, and the unborn baby, Abuse of dead bodies.

It would be the best gift to her family and friends, to not have a long, drawn out, dramatic trial. Sigh. I forgot, CW is a narcissist, he thrives on the attention, and he probably thinks he can beat this with his story. It will be a circus, he will love it. Idiot. He won't plead.

Therefore, while I would love this to be a death penalty case, he probably has "reasonable doubt", which makes me sick, because I don't believe it for a second.

Mark Hacking's family was this way. They are the most gracious and upstanding family, of a perp, that I have ever seen. I wonder how they are doing.

Can someone tell me if I am allowed to post a link to an MSM article (albeit and Australian MSM provider) that briefly speculated on who the mistress may be? It doesn’t name anyone but describes 4 potentials and says where a couple of the 4 work? I realise many on here know / believe they know but this is the first MSM article I’ve seen talking about them
Hi SheepMan,

Can you please send me a message with the link? Click on "inbox" right next to your name in the upper right-hand corner and the "conversations" aka private messages will pop up.

Thanks,
Tricia

Mark Hacking's family was this way. They are the most gracious and upstanding family, of a perp, that I have ever seen. I wonder how they are doing.

I believe that he plead out, because Utah was going to make that a death penalty case. I agree, his family was helpful in getting Mark Hacking to avoid a trial.

The impact of such a tragic crime is so far-reaching, it’s almost impossible to measure I would think. Although the perpetrator would never consider that, I think it is important to acknowledge that it is a fact. For some children, it will be indelible in their memories that they now know a daddy killed a mommy and his children. There is a loss of innocence that is heartbreaking. I think we can all identify with a news story that shook our young world at a time we had been blissfully unaware that such things could happen. For me, it is no doubt one of the reasons I come here, to try to understand what happened because it seems so unnatural and thus terrifying. There are so many levels of pain that such a crime brings, and I think it changes our psyche a bit each and every time we learn of a new atrocity.
Me too. I kick myself for spending time on an anonymous board, but it's the gnawing, nagging mystery, how did it come to this, how could they do it. In this particular case, how could he ever ever throw those beautiful kids in crude oil. He must have had a deep seated hatred for the lifestyle bonds they represented, tying him to responsibility. How could that guy in SLC throw his wife in the dump, and how can some women be so completely obsessed with motherhood that they stalk pregnant women and gut them like some deer kill just to ho!d a baby. My grandfather used to have True Crime Magazines around, and at 5 yrs old I thought they were so lurid and scary, at about 15 I thought there was something wrong with him to be reading about murders, and, here I am decades later mesmerized and shocked by inexplicable human evil.

Last edited:
Yeah. This dad never ever got to know his baby alive. Never got to look into her eyes or feel her wiggle in his arms. She never took a breath on her own. Yet he wanted to make sure she was safe. I took that to mean he wanted to make sure her body would be treated respectfully until the funeral home came to get her. He’d never have another chance to protect her.

That is why I will never believe CW ever truly loved his girls. He may have seen the bond other parents have with their kids, and thought he was imitating it. By outward appearances it sounds like he loved them, but the truth is that he didn’t. Fathers who love their children take care of them even after they depart this world.

Completely agree.

Can someone tell me if I am allowed to post a link to an MSM article (albeit and Australian MSM provider) that briefly speculated on who the mistress may be? It doesn’t name anyone but describes 4 potentials and says where a couple of the 4 work? I realise many on here know / believe they know but this is the first MSM article I’ve seen talking about them

DON'T DO IT.

Not much of an article if they have to give 4 people's names, is it? Even if one is correct, they are ruining the lives of 3 innocent people.

I, for one, don't want people to stalking and sleuthing 4 people who may not be involved. Can you imagine the disruption to your family, your work, your friends if the information is false?

Last edited:
Regarding a discussion in yesterday’s thread about the timeline and him digging the grave, have any of you ever buried a pet in your backyard? Years ago, we had a tiny 5 lb toy poodle pass away and we dug a shallow grave next to our shed. It took a WHILE, even though it was not very big, and we were all dirty and sweaty. IMO he would not have had time to put the girls in different tanks AND dig the grave AND make it to work between 5-8AM with a 40 min drive on top of it! Some of this had to be done in advance IMO.

Nah. I really don't see time being an issue especially since many remote workers don't necessarily punch a time clock.

@isalybra
I want to say I'm sorry for your loss. You've probably heard that a million times lately, and it doesn't heal your pain. But I hope you'll find peace and healing soon. Everyone suffering from the loss of this family is in my prayers and the prayers of many others.

Your presence here at WS is appreciated, as those of us who only know of the family through pictures and print try to make sense out of the senseless. I hope that you can find some healing in being able to talk things through here.

I'm sorry if you've seen anything here that seems to be disparaging your friend. I'm NOT BEING SNARKY here, I promise! But there is an "ignore" button you can press if there are posters you don't want to see. I'm not trying to be rude to anyone on here, but if something being posted is causing you pain, I want you to know that there is an option to ignore it. I only mention this because you said you are unfamiliar with WS.

Again, thank you for talking to us, and I hope it helps you too.

Well said. I didn’t know about the ignore button so thank you from another newer member

IMO he had plenty of time - we burried a 55kg dog last summer in the middle of the Australian summer on a 38C day. It took me about 25 minutes to dig the 3 foot deep grave. Also do we know he turned up for work at 8am? As he worked remotely he could have “clocked on” at the wells where he burried her?

I kind of think maybe he used "work hours" to dispose of his family. Ugh those words are hard to type. How could he do it in real life?? </3

Whatever people may think about a woman who has an affair with a married man, she may very well be a victim here as well. Dragged into a horrible situation, that no one will ever forget. Her career at work may be destroyed, her situation in the community, affected.

Let's keep the focus on the criminal.

Ok I will admit that it was just me (a woman) and a 14 year old digging the grave, and it was March so the ground was pretty hard. Just thinking of things.

Do we know if his duties included working out in the field? If so, was he required to go into the office? If he wasn’t, perhaps not a big deal if he was sweaty and dirty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly