CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They clearly were living above their means....not saying I haven’t done this myself, but we’ve never filed for bankruptcy . Do we know who paid their monthly bills? SW or CW? This overspending had to be very stressful ... and the expenses of a new baby. I think he just wanted out and knew he couldn’t afford to continue his lifestyle with a divorce. As I watch his interview over and over again, I think the main emotion he is showing is relief. Relief that they’re gone. Relief that he is free from his responsibilities.... He can’t even pretend to be sad because he is soooo relieved....He had a taste of life without them while they were in NC and he loved it. This truly makes me sick to my stomach.
I think you are spot on. Most people in these situations would "disappear" themselves , rather than kill innocent people, especially small children. Why, oh why, didn't he stage his own disappearance...
I still don’t understand what his actual plan was. With his own home camera and his neighbors (that he may not have known about) even if he had more time, how was he going to explain how she left? Was he going to drive her car off and leave it somewhere? Maybe this has been discussed before and I missed it, but it just doesn’t seem like he had any kind of plan. I know he didn’t have time to clean up and get rid of her phone and other evidence, but even if her friend hadn’t come over that day, how much time did he think he had??? She is too well connected and has too many friends that she is in constant contact with. I guess he couldn’t risk not showing up at work, but it seems like he would have checked in to work then head back home to clean up. I suppose the flight delay really messed up whatever plan he had... too many people have cameras. I just dont understand how he was going to get her car moved without someone seeing something.

I don't mean to create a rabbit trail, but we don't know it was strangulation until we get the official COD.

What if it was asphyxiation instead, such as a plastic bag? I mean, there are lots of ways that asphyxiation could be accomplished, aren't there?

In fact, the only evidence we have that the girls were strangled came from CW when he asked for their necks to be checked for DNA, isn't that right?
I think you're right.

He could have smothered the little ones with a pillow? :( CW offering up strangulation as mode of death might have been pressured out of him by LE, and to convince them he witnessed SW murder the girls via the monitor. He's hoping the hot oil will erase finger/hand marks/DNA anyway (because they're his) and his story is to be believed, JMO.

The thing that really strikes me about each of the videos is how little he cares. He can't even pretend to care with any sincerity.

When I first watched his interviews, right at the beginning, I thought he seemed mad at Shan'Ann. Like, deep down mad. Where he said it's fine for her not to answer messages from him but she wouldn't do that to 'her people'... Gave me the impression he didn't think he was one of 'her people'.

The more you watch those interviews, the more terrifying they get. I can't even imagine what horrors went on in that house.

My gut feeling as I know others have is that he had murdered his beautiful daughters before Shan'Ann arrived home and their 'emotional conversation' started from there.

BBM
Earlier today I watched an episode of Hear No Evil, named Dead and Deleted on youtube. It made me think of this case, because it illustrated that no one knows what goes on behind closed doors. This was a missing wife case, (found deceased but thankfully not the children too), that was cracked years later by an extensive computer analysis that included deleted audio and video files. The audio files revealed abuse of the wife (where undeleted files made it sound like she was the crazy, violent one), and the videos were deleted security camera files that caught him taking her body to his car. So yes, Shan'ann was a vibrant upbeat woman, but that doesn't mean she wasn't actually living in hell. moo, imo etc.

First time chiming in on this but i’ve been following the story, and discussion here, since it first broke. I think there is WAY more to this than we may ever know. Even people who regularly socialized with the SW and CW are shocked and spinning over this. The fact that no one has yet said “Ah, yes. There was always something about him.” can’t be overlooked. Killing the whole family to pursue an affair just isn’t sitting right with me. There was something else going on, more dynamics to this relationship than what SM or friends ever saw, IMO. And, ftr, I do believe that CW is responsible for all of the deaths. Why? That is the heartbreaking question.
I’m curious how the girls were clothed when they were found. Did they still have their clothes on from the party? Were they in pyjamas? I think that would lend to the timeline of when they were killed, IMO.

Great thoughts!!!! And I agree, there is something so very weird to this case. And then the photo of the doll-corpse, which still makes me feel like something was brewing and possibly premeditated for some time...possibly planned when she was away for the six weeks? I dunno. And why did she even leave for the six weeks? Supposedly it was marital problems to begin with (as far as the media was saying, it seems). So what even caused her to leave? That’s a big piece of it, too, I think. Was it because of the affair?

I think you're right.

He could have smothered the little ones with a pillow? :( CW offering up strangulation as mode of death might have been pressured out of him by LE, and to convince them he witnessed SW murder the girls via the monitor. He's hoping the hot oil will erase finger/hand marks/DNA anyway (because they're his) and his story is to be believed, JMO.

I’ve been wondering about the pillow thing, especially IF the corpse-photo was a game with the girls as mentioned earlier..... technically, if the girls had a blanket over them in a “game” they wouldn’t really understand what happened. Sickens me to say so. I better go to bed now. Sigh.

Next day, he interviews with media. He smiles, grins, and almost giggles. He claims no inclination where they are.
View attachment 144064 View attachment 144065
Do you believe he would have eventually told the truth if LE hadn't located the burial site?
He looks so genuinely happy. Pleased and proud.

I wonder if he looked this happy on his wedding day, or when his daughters were born.

What a .

You just gave me another thought. In another case that I'm following, at the preliminary hearing, none of the suspects family was there. It was showing that none of them supported the suspect. Perhaps that is why he waived the preliminary hearing?

It sends volumes when the suspect doesn't have any family members there.
Thanks for pointing that out. I just finished a book where the Mother of accused made it clear she was there to support her daughter that happened to be the victim (i.e., brother killed sister).

Next day, he interviews with media. He smiles, grins, and almost giggles. He claims no inclination where they are.
Do you believe he would have eventually told the truth if LE hadn't located the burial site?

I found it interesting how he was hugging himself in the interview. I feel like he was trying to keep his hands from making any sort of motions to give himself away, somehow. Very odd.

Great thoughts!!!! And I agree, there is something so very weird to this case. And then the photo of the doll-corpse, which still makes me feel like something was brewing and possibly premeditated for some time...possibly planned when she was away for the six weeks? I dunno. And why did she even leave for the six weeks? Supposedly it was marital problems to begin with (as far as the media was saying, it seems). So what even caused her to leave? That’s a big piece of it, too, I think. Was it because of the affair?

I think it’s a stretch to say she left for marital reasons if we are to believe her own words. In the video in Which she goes outside and praises CW she says she is going to visit family in NC for six weeks. Would you say that and then go on to praise the person you’re thinking of separating from for 20 min in a video?

I really don't think that is the case. He waived his right to a speedy prelim. I'm guessing there is a LOT of discovery the defense want to see before the hearing.
I was surprised he had no family members there either. At least I didn’t hear of any. He has a mom,dad and a sister I think. Have we heard anything from them? I’m sure they are devastated as well but I would be there to support my child no matter what.

The second one makes me think of like, "hey, guys, gimme a break here, I'm just a nice normal guy nothing to see here aw shucks" and I'm guessing that act was one which worked earlier in his life, hence his reverting back to it in this time of stress where he's on the spot and wants to deflect... I'm just a nice normal guy who likes sports like you see my shirt!

I found it interesting how he was hugging himself in the interview. I feel like he was trying to keep his hands from making any sort of motions to give himself away, somehow. Very odd.

My theory on his favoring his right arm is kind of an "out damn spot" reaction... I keep picturing him grabbing Shanann from behind with his right arm around her neck.

I think it’s a stretch to say she left for marital reasons if we are to believe her own words. In the video in Which she goes outside and praises CW she says she is going to visit family in NC for six weeks. Would you say that and then go on to praise the person you’re thinking of separating from for 20 min in a video?

For a video? Heck yeah. You gotta know by now everybody fakes their perfect life for social media. She probably wanted to make sure nobody suspected any problems so she didn’t have to answer any questions. I mean, this is all conjecture, but seems that there were rumblings of problems beforehand, and so I wouldn’t be surprised if she was just trying to keep up appearances. I mean, she was pregnant. Nobody wants to go through a divorce while pregnant. Maybe she needed a break and then hoped to work things out. But obviously you don’t want everybody knowing that.

My theory on his favoring his right arm is kind of an "out damn spot" reaction... I keep picturing him grabbing Shanann from behind with his right arm around her neck.

That would make sense if she was attacking the kids and he walked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur