CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about a hung jury but I believe it will be horrific for SW's family. I believe they will drag her through the mud and blame her for his choices and behaviors. I hope it makes the jury angry enough to convict him, if the evidence is there. I tend to believe the DA believes there is enough evidence that he can prove that CW is guilty or he wouldn't have been charged, with the girl's deaths. We will see.

I followed a case here a few years ago where the husband was charged with murdering his wife. There were two mistrials and the third trial resulted in his conviction. The murdered wife's family was dragged through absolute hell before justice was finally serviced.

In this case, the murdered wife had been a stripper before she married her husband. The defense did their very best to try to use her former occupation to their advantage and dragged in several men, who had been in her life years earlier, before she was married, to try to make it appear one of them could have done it. There was no physical evidence the husband did it. That said, everything, absolutely everything, pointed to him.

My thoughts are that given the fact he has claimed SW killed the two little girls, his defense is going to have to try very hard to try to find something in SW's background to try to make it appear she had it in her to do this. They may also try to use her disease, lupus, against her.

I'm not a pollyanna and I know things can go wrong with a jury, but I have a very hard time believing that anyone is going to buy his story. JMO.

There are some who aren't satisfied with just one affair partner. They use multiple ways to find other potential affair partners.

I don't think think this is the "norm" for most cheaters, but this definitely happens and they carry on multiple affairs at the same time and are extremely adept in hiding all of it from their spouse.

My mind is open to this possibility because this guy doesn't fit into any kind of "norm". JMO.
I would agree that it does seem plausible that a guy like this would have multiple or simultaneous affairs. He certainly would have felt justified doing it too since his wife wasn't "paying attention" to him. Guys like him have this enormous void inside and often times attempt to fill that void with a woman. The woman is in a no win situation because no matter how hard she tries it is never enough to fill that massive void the guy has. I place emphasis on guy simply because we are referring to this case because there are women I know that do this as well. They don't kill anyone but tend to go through men like most people go through underwear. There is always something "lacking" in the guy they date so they move on.

In CW's case I really do believe he felt he was let down by SW. Before they had kids and before she got involved with THRIVE he must have felt like a king. She appears to be a people person and more then one friend referred to a quality she had that CW would definitely be in need of. NUA said SW brought out the best in you and encouraged you to be the best you can be. In other words her positive can do spirit was contagious and being with her made her feel better about herself. I'm sure CW felt the same way at first when she had no other "distractions" in her life. SW sounded as if she was a Tony Robbins type of person who would have in fact been a wonderful motivation speaker. People pay big bucks to have someone else motivate them. She had a bright future ahead of herself had it not been cut short.

They clearly were living above their means....not saying I haven’t done this myself, but we’ve never filed for bankruptcy . Do we know who paid their monthly bills? SW or CW? This overspending had to be very stressful ... and the expenses of a new baby. I think he just wanted out and knew he couldn’t afford to continue his lifestyle with a divorce. As I watch his interview over and over again, I think the main emotion he is showing is relief. Relief that they’re gone. Relief that he is free from his responsibilities.... He can’t even pretend to be sad because he is soooo relieved....He had a taste of life without them while they were in NC and he loved it. This truly makes me sick to my stomach.

I think you are spot on. Most people in these situations would "disappear" themselves , rather than kill innocent people, especially small children. Why, oh why, didn't he stage his own disappearance...

The request and permission for CW to speak to his Dad is cited in the Arrest Affidavit, but It does not give how long they were allowed to talk.

You just gave me another thought. In another case that I'm following, at the preliminary hearing, none of the suspects family was there. It was showing that none of them supported the suspect. Perhaps that is why he waived the preliminary hearing?

It sends volumes when the suspect doesn't have any family members there.

I can just never understand the thought processes behind this type of person. I mean, the complete lack of logical thought and foresight. I get that he enjoyed being without his family for six weeks. But to actually think murder solves the problem is complete insanity. I always get incredibly curious when you have somebody that is basically crime-free for a good portion of their lives, and then decides to do something incredibly stupid that no one in their right mind would even think about, let alone try.... you always kinda wonder what makes these people snap like this. What makes people think, “Oh, this extreme crime will solve all of my problems.” Sooooo weird.

I can just never understand the thought processes behind this type of person. I mean, the complete lack of logical thought and foresight. I get that he enjoyed being without his family for six weeks. But to actually think murder solves the problem is complete insanity. I always get incredibly curious when you have somebody that is basically crime-free for a good portion of their lives, and then decides to do something incredibly stupid that no one in their right mind would even think about, let alone try.... you always kinda wonder what makes these people snap like this. What makes people think, “Oh, this extreme crime will solve all of my problems.” Sooooo weird.

Because the events of that night were not planned on his part. Imo

You just gave me another thought. In another case that I'm following, at the preliminary hearing, none of the suspects family was there. It was showing that none of them supported the suspect. Perhaps that is why he waived the preliminary hearing?

It sends volumes when the suspect doesn't have any family members there.
I really don't think that is the case. He waived his right to a speedy prelim. I'm guessing there is a LOT of discovery the defense want to see before the hearing.

Same thoughts. There really was no alternative? Really? And to do it in such a ridiculous and sloppy manner!

I hate to give him any semblance of excuse, but I truly believe he was experiencing some form of mental illness.

I'm slowly getting caught up from today. Had to put someone on ignore as my anxiety was going through the roof. I do have a question though. I saw that someone said we had a VI on here earlier. Please excuse my newbieness but what does VI stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState